News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Cornwall run.

Started by Moleman, 14, January, 2014, 09:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

Ok as most of you know one of our members is moving to cornwall. As it happens cornwall & Devon is on the list of suggestions of places to go so how about this? -
              Saturday 6th September  10am meet at Durley hill. (our normal meeting spot at Keynsham). From there leave about 10.15am, head for the A37 & meet up at the Charton Inn in Shepton Mallet,  postcode BA4 5PH. (this would be about 1hr drive).
             We could then stop off for 15mins to meet up with any of our southern members who may like to go? From there we head out about 11.30am down the A37, A303 then A30 stopping off at Honiton for lunch. postcode EX14 1PG.  (this would be about 1hr drive).
            We would give everyone about  1hr to 11/2hrs for food/drink then head off about 2ish. We then head for Moretonhampstead in Dartmoor National park, so down A30 through Exeter B3183, then B3212 which looks like a nice road once you are out Exeter. Then into Moretonhampstead where we stop off for a break & coffee. postcode TQ13 8NF. (this would be about 1hr drive).
           Then leave there about 3.30pm & drive all the way through Dartmoor National park along the B3212,B3357 then into Tavistock. From there we head along the A390 callington rd, then down to Lower Metherell. PL17 8BJ  (this would be about 1hr drive). So arrive about 4.30pm

This is where we meet up with a curtain member for a cup off tea. (he won't know this until he reads this).

From here the choises are open? I can book us all in B&B's near there as there seems to be alot of choises near by then book a meal somewhere for us all for the evening? Or we can go abit futher south? & if some don't want to stay perhaps take a less scenic route home?

For the ones that stay again the choises are open for the next day. we can either take a trip along the coast & a different route home? Just head back the way we came, or just do your own thing?

All the times are not set in stone, I have set the meeting points so we can drive at our own pace but still meet up at various meeting points for breaks & make sure we are all heading the right way.  :)

What do you think? please be honest? This is not set in stone, all comments are welcome if it means for a better trip for everyone. 8)

WALNUT

Im up for the 2 days with B&B.

YellaBelly

Ha ha!! Love it Colin, I'm touched (but then everyone knew that :) )

With any luck, by then we should have the Midget up and running :D. I know I didn't go to that many meets, but I'm sure gonna miss them :(

And Jan also says thanks for all the kind wishes for our move :)

Dixie

Brilliant idea, put my name down and the wife.  She doesnt do camping so B&B would be the only option.  I think come back a differant way.

It is also my wedding anniversary, so a nice meal would go down well.

thanks Mark

Moleman

Ok I will do a list. Once I get a few more I will start looking into B&B's

1, Moleman + 1    B&B
    2, Walnut             B&B
    3, Dixie + 1          B&B

Don't forget we can change anything that you think may not appeal if everyone agree's?

I too will prob go back a different way & may even pop down the coast on the way back?  :D

Iancider

I'm up for it and I think (watch this space) I might be able to add a special treat to it as well - just got to make some enquiries.
Sir Francis Drake's House Buckland Abbey is just up the road and quite a special place.
http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/buckland-abbey/

Ian +1

YellaBelly

We stayed in a small hotel (about 5 or 6 rooms I think) for a few nights while we were looking for a place to live down there, not too far away from Metherell. Jan said she can see if they can do a 'special' rate if that's any good? They were really nice folk and the food was pretty tasty too :D

Bulldog Bri

Think we maybe up for this... Just see how the money is then ::)

8)

Sumov8

Colin

I am up for this, not sure of the numbers but at least one at present

Pilgrim Anna

Would love to come. But got all holidays booked now for the year and Im working on the Sunday :(. Shame sounded like a really nice run and would be nice to see Jan and Yellabelly :)

Moleman

That's a shame Anna.  :(

1, Moleman + 1    B&B
    4, Sumov8           B&B
    5, Iancider +1      B&B  (maybe)

Don't forget we can change anything that you think may not appeal if everyone agree's?

I too will prob go back a different way & may even pop down the coast on the way back?  :D

Iancider

Hi Y'all

I promised there might be a little treat on this trip and it can be done.  I can offer you all a wonderful slap-up Cornish Cream tea with a fantastic elevated view over St Mellions golf course.  Cornish pasties(genuine and locally made can be thrown in for good measure - extra for Pete 8))  I have relatives who live there and it is only 4 miles away from where Yellabelly will be taking root. 
At least 20 cars can be accomodated easily and safely parked - more by arrangement.  Catering could extend easily to over 50 people.  And it will all be free, gratis, for for nuffink etc. -  and that includes you too Jan and John!

You will not be disappointed!
Ian

WALNUT

Nuffink, always sound good to me         LOL

YellaBelly

Ian, sounds like you've got a date there chap ;)

Be good to keep in with the 'kit car crowd' locally too :D

Moleman

Sounds like a good spot to end up for us all to meet up whe we get down there before we head off to our B&B's to get freshened up for a meal in the evening?  8)

Moleman

Sorry to do this guys.  ::)  Can these guys = Walnut, Dixie, Sumov8, Iancider, & Yellowbelly.  Please tell me if it is ok to change the date of this to the weekend before 6th-7th Sept? as there is a local car show which normally gets held in August has desided to do it a month later. It is a good show, one of which we have become regulars. I don't have too if it's a problem I just thought it might be ok while it is a little way off?  ;D

Anyone else up for this trip then? :D

paintman

Wonder if I can get to sets of golf clubs in the Hood? ::) ::)

Moleman

Tony Can't you borrow one of them trollys to put your golf bag in, then strap the handle to the rollbar, with the wheels on the road? Job done!  8)
Ps if you do bring them, make sure you only put them silly trousers on only when you get to the golf course. some of us have reputations to keep!  :P

Is the date change ok with you guys? :)

WALNUT

The date change is fine by me

YellaBelly

I never plan that far ahead Colin :D so it's fine by me too ;)

Sumov8

Iancider

Yep, that's fine - just let me know a firm date as soon as you can

Moleman

Ok. Date has been changed! We are now doing this 6th-7th Sept. :)
This date is set in stone & won't be changed again ;)

1, Moleman + 1    B&B
    4, Sumov8           B&B
    5, Iancider +1      B&B  (maybe)

I too will prob go back a different way & may even pop down the coast on the way back?

Any more takers for this? Or is there anyone who is thinking about it & would like to put there name down as a maybe until all details have been arranged?   :D

Iancider

Colin - I wont need a B&B because I will stay with my relatives

WALNUT

Sprint 7

Not taken the Hood on such a long trip before and if I do decide to go I would possibly be looking for a passenger as my other half ain't into kit cars especially, I would bore myself silly talking to myself for that sort of distance, so please include me as a possible if that's ok. ;) ;)

Moleman

1, Moleman + 1    B&B
    2, Walnut +1        B&B
    4, Sumov8           B&B
    5, Iancider +1     
    6, Sprint7           (maybe)

I too will prob go back a different way & may even pop down the coast on the way back?

Any more takers for this? Or is there anyone who is thinking about it & would like to put there name down as a maybe until all details have been arranged?   :D

Iancider

Sprint, I am sure we could find you an enthusiastic passenger for a great weekend - what age and model are you looking for?  ;D

Moleman

My girlfreind is still unsure. It's all depends on the weather for her.  :) So we both might have to pick up some women on the way down!  :P

Sprint 7

When you get to my age you can't be fussy well not TOO choosy anyway :P :P :P

Sprint 7

P.S. they can't be too beamy though or it'll be a tight fit in the hood :-X :-X

benchmark51

Be careful with that idea, last time I pulled I got one of the
women off of Wonga .com! :o ;D

fletch_306

I will probably be up for this one I have family in Cornwall so wouldn't need a B&B, Will possibly force the wife to follow in the support car (BMW) with the dog.

Moleman

1, Moleman + 1    B&B
    2, Walnut +1        B&B
    4, Sumov8           B&B
    5, Iancider +1     
    6, Sprint7           (maybe)
    7, fletch_306

If anyone who would like to join in but don't have there kit car finished yet but would like to join in? Feel free to put your name down. :D

Moleman

Just a little update on this one guys.  :)

Iancider has been planning a leisurely route down to cornwall taking in a few more interesting sights & stops on the way so we won't get short on fuel & toilet stops.  :)

He is currently trying to do a good deal with St Mellion International Resort which we hope to have a answer pretty soon.
We may be able to get it half price with a promise that we put on a little display on the sunday morning. The hotel is a 4 star hotel with all the facilities that comes with it so we should know pretty soon.  8)

Anyone else thinking of joining us on this one? ;D

Iancider

To all intending to go to cornwall 6th/7th September:

I tried to do a deal with St Mellions Golf Club to get us all into one location with secure parking but the place is so popular that they do not have to try hard to let rooms.  They only had premium rooms and I can assure you you would not have like the price!  So I have knocked that one on the head. 

I tried looking at B&B's but there are none big enough to cluster us together so I switched to hotels.  I found ONE which looks ideal but it is 35 minutes away from our Cornish-tea bash on the golf course but it does seem to tick all of the boxes.  It is on the edge of Dartmoor, rooms are nice, it has a Bar, good and secure parking and a great view from the verandah over Dartmoor.  They also currently have enough accomodation to take us all.  So take a look at the the details below.  If you like it, let me know and we will form a list of the definites and get some rooms booked.  I will call the hotel and tell them to expect X bookings from BKCC then I will ask you to book directly and confirm on the forum.  Late deciders would likely still be able to gain a room because it is so large.  There is a choice of single, double and superior rooms and prices look pretty reasonable.

The Moorland Hotel

Wotter
Shaugh Prior
Plymouth
Devon
PL7 5HP
01752 839 228

http://www.moorlandhotel.com

WALNUT

That's fine by me, would like the first floor though.

Pilgrim Anna

Not going to make this one. Got work . :-X

Moleman

I will book it tomorrow Ian.  8)

Anyone Else still up for this?

fletch_306

I'm still up for this however i will still not need accommodation as my parents live in nearby (ish) Torpoint