News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

My other long-term project

Started by CC Cyclone, 17, November, 2014, 05:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CC Cyclone

I have mentioned this to a couple of other members in the past, but thought some of you might like a look at my other project. I started it about 5 years ago and it is is on the road, pretty much complete with a few tweaks and minor finishing jobs ready for spring.

It took 3 years to build from scratch and was not a straight forward kit. It runs a porsche 2056cc flat four that I built myself with jenvey throttle bodies and emerald ecu, producing 130bhp, which is scary to be honest! So much so it now runs custom made twin wishbone suspension with coil overs all around and proper rack and pinion steering. It has a full FIA roll cage and original hand formed single piece alumnium seats from a Porsche 550... I got a bit carried away  :-[ It is painted Porsche Signal Orange and I made all the interior, carpets, headliner etc from scratch, having never attempted anything like it before. I'm pretty chuffed with it.

Anyway, hopefully it might make an outing or two in the spring.

dikkie

damn that is nice! You'll certainly get noticed in that colour  8)

Moleman

That does look cool mate. Can't wait to see it.  8)  Are you trying to overtake Hairy Santa with having loads of Kits?  :P

garry h

Very nice you can certainly see where all your hard work has gone into it  :)

Daley Down Under

That looks fantastic - you should be well chuffed

Cheers Adrian

Lucky Ed

Stunning - you are right to feel proud of your hard work. Can't wait to see it in the flesh 8)

Bulldog Bri

What a little beauty :P You should be very proud of that creation. Can't wait to see it out on the roads. ::)

8)

CC Cyclone

Thanks for all the comments, they are humbling, It was a long slog and took up a massive part of my life for three years. So much so it got to the 99% complete stage and then went into storage with a cover over it, as i needed a break, but hoping to get the suspension set up and finish a couple of items that never quite got finished over the winter ready for some sunshine cruising, hopefully, next spring. The other problem I have is that I don't have a garage as I live in town and so all the work has to be done in a rented garage that doesn't have power which makes everything that bit more difficult. Still, it's getting there :)

'The Gaffer'

Very nice indeed, can see why you like orange now ;)

Quarrycars

Very nice, I think Ferdinand would approve!

Iancider

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: CC Cyclone on 18, November, 2014, 09:32:14 AM
Thanks for all the comments, they are humbling, It was a long slog and took up a massive part of my life for three years. So much so it got to the 99% complete stage and then went into storage with a cover over it, as i needed a break, but hoping to get the suspension set up and finish a couple of items that never quite got finished over the winter ready for some sunshine cruising, hopefully, next spring. The other problem I have is that I don't have a garage as I live in town and so all the work has to be done in a rented garage that doesn't have power which makes everything that bit more difficult. Still, it's getting there :)

That is fabulous! And considering your circumstances re garage etc, quite an achievement. You MUST bring it to the Queens Square Sunday meeting one day... please!!

fullpint

8) Sex on all fours  ;D Love-it, love the colour to..