+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Building a Dakar

Started by Cookee, 20, December, 2014, 09:02:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cookee

Hi Everyone - just joined, I'm in South Devon - a little bit past Bristol to be honest but any resource is handy if that OK? The engine is running, got one seat in and hope to get the bonnet fitted and windscreen in next week or in the new year - Photos to follow!

'Mendip Wurzel'

Sounds very interesting ..... look forward to the photos

Cookee

Found the original photos on Photobucket - knew I had them somewhere!

Here's how it arrived, there was no wiring at all apart from the ECU to fuel injectors, lots of stuff was half done, one of the latest issues was that the gearbox sump (it's an auto) seal had been incorrectly fitted resulting in a sticky mess! Going to leave the rear winch off in favour of a tow bar and have fitted one of those LED light bars to the front, two side exhausts make it a bit noisy but at least they'll hear me coming!

Bulldog Bri

Monster kit :P

btw. Welcome to the club. We don't have any area boundaries here as long as you've got an interest in kit cars you'll fit in just fine ;D

8)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 20, December, 2014, 10:47:58 AM
Welcome to the club. We don't have any area boundaries here as long as you've got an interest in kit cars you'll fit in just fine ;D

Couldn't agree more and a warm welcome to the club. That is a beast and will be great fun to drive, keep us updated :)

Moleman

Welcome to the Club. You will be most welcome to bring that beast to any of our events next year mate.  8)

Iancider

And a welcome from me too.

It looks like the kind of vehicle that will turn out in any weather!

Interesting project

Ian

garry h

welcome to the club mate you will get plenty of help and advice on here  :)

Cookee

Thanks guys - it's my second, the first was built out of necessity as my 1973 Range Rover was suffering a little from rust - it was a standard 3.5 with manual steering which wasn't so much fun with big tyres, this has a rebuilt 3.9 with power steering and a new chassis with over £12k of new parts so it should last a while - There's a crowd of us going to the Le Mans 24 hour race in June (again) and I think it would be fun to take it if it's reliable enough. Just fitted a 32" LED light bar to the front and it's F'in bright!

ps how do I get rid of that verification thing!