News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Adam's Introduction

Started by Adam, 09, December, 2009, 06:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam

Hi there, i'm Adam, i'm 18 and i'm currently in my first year studying Mech Eng at Bath Uni.

I'm building a seven replica which is based around the Locost design, with an Aries Motorsport IRS chassis, AGM bodywork and a GSXR1100 oil cooled engine. The aim is to have it ready for the next season of hillclimbing which is a tough challenge but achievable! I'll stick a post in the builds section with more details.

Hope to make it to a meet or two at some point, although im stuck with public transport at the moment....

Adam

'The Gaffer'

A very warm welcome to the club Adam.

Will your kit be road legal? It will be nice to see you and your car at a meet one day.

Things are very quiet around here at the moment but sure to liven up when the sun starts to shine.

All the best,
Phil.

Adam

Thanks for the welcome  :)

Unfortunately it wont be road legal :-/ however the plan is to do quite a few hillclimbs and sprints in the south next season so I recommend to anyone who hasnt been to one to come watch!  :D

Adam

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Adam on 09, December, 2009, 06:30:46 PM
Unfortunately it wont be road legal :-/ however the plan is to do quite a few hillclimbs and sprints in the south next season so I recommend to anyone who hasnt been to one to come watch!  :D

Thats a shame about your car being road legal, only the IVA stopping you :)

Post up your events when they happen, you may get a few supporters from the club turn up to cheer you on.

Hairy Santa

Welcome Adam,

Sounds like you have your work cut out there

All the best

Pete

If you are anywhere near me your welcome to ride shot gun with me, normally travel solo to the meets

Adam

I've started a build thread here: http://bristolkitcarclub.co.uk/smf2/index.php?topic=503.0 and updated it with progress so far. I'll put the event details in there when we plan our season :)

Cheers for the offer pete, will definitely bear that in mind!

Adam

Richard

Warm welcome Adam !!

Fun project and a great target !

Mech Eng - a tough but future useful course in my opinion. Guess you might be involved in the Formula Student if they do that in the earlier years at Bath.

Well done and thanks in adding the build to the build list !   ;D

Bulldog Bri

Hiya and welcome to the club.

interesting combo choice (engine and car) are there many others that have done similar builds for the sport?

Good luck in the comp's any local ones around here?

8)

Adam

Quote from: Richard on 09, December, 2009, 08:59:08 PM
Warm welcome Adam !!

Fun project and a great target !

Mech Eng - a tough but future useful course in my opinion. Guess you might be involved in the Formula Student if they do that in the earlier years at Bath.

Well done and thanks in adding the build to the build list !   ;D

Cheers. It is definitely a tough course but i'm enjoying the relevance of it to what i'm doing at the moment. I've already got involved with the FS, although not with the current car but rebuilding the 2008 one. Making the right friends though  :)
Quote from: bulldog bri on 09, December, 2009, 10:53:56 PM
Hiya and welcome to the club.

interesting combo choice (engine and car) are there many others that have done similar builds for the sport?

Good luck in the comp's any local ones around here?

8)

It is quite an uncommon engine choice but that's half the appeal, a bit of a challenge not just following the norm of a 'blade 'bird or 'busa. The oil cooled gixer used to be a very popular engine due to its reliability and tunability before the busa came on the scene and there are still a few mallocks running around with them. The aries chassis, although not the lightest seven chassis around, is very similar to the westfield one, pretty cheap and very good quality :)

The whole build is very much on a budget but without cutting corners. The idea is to get into lightweight RWD and learn about setting it up before moving onto possibly a small single seater, so blowing the budget in one isnt really the idea.

Just thought i'd add a picture of me with the 205 at Oulton Park in february (the week when it snowed....) so you know what I look like :)

dave_bence

lightauto

paintman

Welcome Adam.

Nice to get young blood in the club.....I get the impression most of us are burnt out boy racers but still quick!! ;D

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: paintman on 14, December, 2009, 11:04:42 PM
I get the impression most of us are burnt out boy racers but still quick!! ;D

Haha, with a few execptions, your not far from the truth mate ;D

Speedy J

David H