+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Old Builder

Started by Quarrycars, 10, February, 2010, 01:22:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarrycars

Hi folks, came across the club while Googling around for kit car info, I built a number of cars back in the 60's – 70's am now retired and looking for a project. I noticed one of your members was building a Furore F1 which is what I am looking at. I spend half the year in Arizona and half back in Mid Wales and am thinking of doing most of the build back there then shipping it to AZ. Would like to hear more about the Furore build.

'The Gaffer'

Hi there and a warm welcome to our club.

Its Phil here who is building the Furore and if you any specific questions I'm sure he will be able to help you.

And please dont tell us its warm and sunny in Arizona :D

Quarrycars

Thanks for the welcome message, I look forward to meeting some members this summer.  I'll contact Phil to see how his build is going.
Actually been a bit cool and rainy here in AZ for the last few days, due to warm up again next week.
Cheerz, JT

Bulldog Bri

Hello & Welcome to the club  ;D

8)

tickious

dave_bence

YellaBelly

HI, and welcome to THE kit car forum :D

JB

Quarrycars

Thanks for the welcomes guys, still finding my way around the site, lots of interesting conversations going on.
Just a bit about myself, started working in the car biz back in the early 60's, worked for Broadspeed when we where racing Minis and Ford Anglias, got involved with go-cart racing with the British team, did a bit of work on offshore powerboats, worked on fuel injection and emmisions with GKN and SU carbs.  Went back the Broadspeed when they where racing the XJ12 coupes and Dolly Sprints.  Got involved with California speedway racers and moved to CA, worked on boats and for a carb rebuilding business then 18 years with Land Rover North America.  Retired a couple of years ago and am doing the snowbird thing between Arizona and Mid Wales.

Furore Phil

Just in case people think I have been unsociable -  we have been emailing !  ;D

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Phil on 11, February, 2010, 07:31:41 PM
Just in case people think I have been unsociable -  we have been emailing !  ;D

This forum is not a dating agency Phil ;) 8)

Richard

Welcome, welcome.

That is some mixed life style of location, depends where in AZ you are I guess, been through a few times but just short stays. Enjoy the forum and do post away every now and then at least.

Quarrycars

We are on the Colarado River near Bullhead City, depending on which bridge we cross we are in California or Nevada.  In Wales we are also on the border near Montgomery.

Richard

Not got to that part, but somewhat the obvious Phoenix and perhaps less so Tuscon.

Got to be some "awesome" views near you, post a pic or two.

Quarrycars

Yea, the mountains and deserts are pretty spectacular, also some amazing vehicles at the hot-rod shows.  Posted a pic of a choped Peterbuilt truck with a dual blown V12 Detroit Diesel.  Will post some more when I figure out how to start an album.