News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Another Newbie..

Started by Psymon, 07, June, 2010, 01:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psymon

A big hello from me in Wells.

I have no experience as yet in Kit cars but really love the look of the Westfields/Caterham etc. Sold my beloved Rx7 about a year ago and bought a 4x4, now looking for something for the weekend with the same thrill power i had from my rex :P

Would love to come to one of your meet ups if possible and have a chat etc

Cheers All Simon.

Bulldog Bri

Welcome to the club Simon  ;D

Don't worry about not having a car yet, you're still welcome to come along to the meetings.

8)

'The Gaffer'

A warm welcome to the club Simon :)

Many kit cars will give you what you are looking for, just depends on what you want to spend or whether you want to build or buy. Lots to see in in kit car mags.

See you soon.

Phil.

andygtm

Hello Simon. I am new to the kit car scene and loving it. My GTM Rossa K3 is only powered by a 1.4 K series metro GTi engine but the performance is brilliant as the car is lighter than the metro. The choice of cars/engines seems to endless and some real quirky designs too. One things for sure whatever you decide to buy it will definately put and keep a smile on your face. Take a look on ebay as there are some really nice cars on there at the moment to look at all sorts of prices. Perhaps something might tikcle your fancy. Hopefully see you soon.

'Mendip Wurzel'

Welcome Simon, I don't live that far from you in Wrington.
Kevin

Psymon

Cheers all for the kind welcomes,

This site has already helped me alot today reading some of the older posts !!

As i said i was interested in the Westfield/Caterham style of kit, pre built as i neither have the knowledge or time to build my own  :( so i am looking at buying one locally if possible with a budget of upto 10k for the right car.

My only problem is my size i am rather tall at 6.5" as i have never sat in a westy etc i need to be a little open minded, and after reading some older posts i saw someone mention a Luego Viento anyone in the club have one of these ?? or even poss for sale   :D
Going to look for one as close to home as possible.

Cheers Again Simon.

Psymon

Oh and i live just by Hartleys where i have read alot of you like breakfast lol

Simon..

'The Gaffer'

At just over 6ft, I struggle to get into a Westfield.

The Luego Viento is made for us larger / taller drivers, we dont have one in the club sadly but you are welcome to have a sit in mine to get an idea. I just fit now after a lot of work to make it more comfortable.

Link here http://www.luegosportscars.com/viento.htm

'Mendip Wurzel'

We are regular visitors to Hartleys, a very good breakfast.

I looked at the Luego Viento. They are big cars and well made, I like them. There was a few for sale on PistonHeads.   

'Mendip Wurzel'

Quote from: G & Toniq on 07, June, 2010, 10:29:23 PM
At just over 6ft, I struggle to get into a Westfield.

The Luego Viento is made for us larger / taller drivers, we dont have one in the club sadly but you are welcome to have a sit in mine to get an idea. I just fit now after a lot of work to make it more comfortable.

Link here http://www.luegosportscars.com/viento.htm

Phil ... Your new Icon photo is frightening.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: MendipWursel on 07, June, 2010, 10:35:15 PM
Phil ... Your new Icon photo is frightening.

Thanks Kevin, not sure I wanted to scare anyone though. Good likeness wouldent you say?

Psymon

I beleive you all have a meet soon, would be nice to see you all and have a chat as to what to look for in a pre built kit.
Just found a member on here i know with a cobra so hopefully he will be going also.

Cheers Simon.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Psymon on 07, June, 2010, 10:43:40 PM
I beleive you all have a meet soon, would be nice to see you all and have a chat as to what to look for in a pre built kit.
Just found a member on here i know with a cobra so hopefully he will be going also.

Cheers Simon.

Is that Mark? His car is for sale :)

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: Psymon on 07, June, 2010, 10:43:40 PM

Cheers Simon.

Yep, this coming Sunday, at the Lock Keeper pub, Keynsham. Hope you can make it along  ::)

8)

dave_bence

David H

Welcome

You wont need to spend that much money to get a nice car at the moment. The Luego at that budget should be a tidy car. Its all about the builder in my opinion. Nick's Locost is an example. Nicer than most Caterhams!!

Psymon

Any thoughts on this one guys ?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1776656.htm

the seller has sent me more pics and the orange is growing on me, hopefully going to see it Friday.

Cheers Simon.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Psymon on 08, June, 2010, 08:07:08 PM
Any thoughts on this on guys ?

I really like that car, seems well spec'd and should be pretty quick :)

Daley Down Under

Hi Simon and welcome to the club.  Looks like you might not be kitcarless for much longer.

Adrian

Psymon

Quote from: MarlboroCar on 08, June, 2010, 08:44:21 PM

Hi Simon and welcome to the club.  Looks like you might not be kitcarless for much longer.

Would be nice to drive to the meet in it on Sunday  ;D

'Mendip Wurzel'

Quote from: Psymon on 08, June, 2010, 08:07:08 PM
Any thoughts on this one guys ?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1776656.htm

the seller has sent me more pics and the orange is growing on me, hopefully going to see it Friday.

Cheers Simon.
Looks a nice car and relatively local. £6500 is about as cheap as Viento's go for so a good starting price. Obviously the price is very dependant on the build quality. I notice there is also a yellow Viento on Piston Heads. The engine may rev a fair bit with that 3.62 differentail.

Daley Down Under

I thought 3.62 (on 14 inch rims) was standard for XR4x4 sierra?

peterw

Hi Simon, Dont know wether the fun is in the building or the driving, havent got to the driving bit yet!

Hairy Santa

Hi Simon,

do check to what it is registered on the V5 or you could have probs later with the mot's in years to come

Psymon

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 09, June, 2010, 11:09:44 PM

do check to what it is registered on the V5 or you could have probs later with the mot's in years to come

It has it`s mot as the car is now, what would i have to check on the v5 any info would be great thx Santa !!

Cheers Simon.

YellaBelly

Hi Simon,

Welcome to the club (I'm late as usual).

JB

'The Gaffer'

Hi Simon,

Pete, can you elaborate for Simon?

Richard

Belated warm welcome, I live not so far away.

Happy to meet up some time.

Denzle

Hiya Simon, and  warm welcome to a great club and some great lads.   ;D

Hairy Santa

Quote from: G & Toniq on 10, June, 2010, 09:33:29 PM
Hi Simon,

Pete, can you elaborate for Simon?

Sorry for the delay only just spotted it and have been a bit preoccupied

the "make" in the log (V5) book should say the kit it is made from -  Dax, Westfield, Southern Roadcraft    -   NOT  Ford or VW or Jag

or a Q plate

problems will arise in the future over MOT and insurance  if it is not correct

and if its not correct you may have to go through a IVA to be able to use the car on the road   :-[  >:(

Psymon

Np Santa you got there in the end, and all was fine with the v5 etc and the car as you know you sat in it  :D

Cheers Si  :D :D :D

foggy

Hi Simon, welcome to the club, I hav'nt been in it very long myself. Had a couple of fantastic run outs, every one is very helpful. See you soon.