News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Tiger Avon for sale

Started by johnboy, 09, March, 2017, 09:34:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnboy

Hi peeps, its time for me to sell my beloved tiger.

It has a 2l pinto engine, 2500 miles on the clock, all work I've had done on it had been done by a time severed mechanic its just flew through the MOT with no problems I will tax it for 6 months if I get any interest. she is kept garaged

I looking for £3000 for my smile machine (well that's what I do every time I go out in it ;D) and thought I would offer it to anyone in the club first before widening the search area.
so if you are interested text or call me on 07902406487 or call me on the land line 01594 719346

upload hoster ru photo

cheers
John Nicholls

Newbietoo

John,

Great looking car mate, I love the colour!  Does it have a tonneau cover or any form of weather gear, I've been using my aprilia engined VStorm through the winter and I've come to the conclusion I'm getting too old and might need something a little more practical...  Also how does it work with insuring Q plates, I've never had any experience of suchlike? 

Thanks Andy F

p.s. Have you got a fire engine fetish going on there!?! 

benchmark51

It comes to us all eventually. I'm thinking along the same lines myself. Although Ratbag has a half hood and a heater, I am 'Clickety click' this year and am quite drawn toward more comfort.

I have a Quantum 2+2 as well and the hardtop, proper doors, heated front and rear screens, largish boot and cd changer are quite attractive to me. No where near as quick as Ratbag and doesn't hold the road as well, but still fun. Roof comes off in the summer (both days ;D) and hood is then in use. It locks up and has an alarm, immobiliser and transmission lock.

Newbietoo

I was thinking with the Tiger that if it had some form of weather gear it would be a bit kinder to the old bones than open exoskeleton chassis/bodywork (or lack of) on the VStorm! (see photo below, if the weather was always as good as in this picture it wouldn't be a problem.)

I'm trying to become a grownup in stages obviously, I'm not sure I'll be able to ride motorbikes again after a couple of ops. hence the bike engined car as the next nearest thing.  Perhaps a Westfield/Tiger/Caterham style is the next step towards civilisation, although I really like your scenario of having a couple of options at the same time! Very jealous

benchmark51

Yeah, those 'skelly' cars are a bit draughty!

Ratbag has a half hood, made for a wider Caterham SE. I needed to rake the windscreen back and angle the roll-over bar forward a bit. Caterhams are quite small in the cockpit compared with the Locost.
The top is most often up as it makes the ride more comfy even in the dry. I have some side panels in vinyl that goes from the bottom of the roll-over bar to the bottom of the screen which adds even more comfy.

Facial Hair Optional

No point in taxing it for 6 months I'm afraid, under the new rules tax does not get passed onto the new owner with the car, it gets refunded to the last owner!

Nice car, I have a Tiger myself.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 10, March, 2017, 10:15:04 PM

At least I have side panels on the ASBO Dave! I may even eventually fill in the gaps on the top on the bonnet to prevent cockpit wind!!  ;D

benchmark51

Hi Steve, I don't do tax that way now. I do it online by monthly d/debit. It gets taken at the start of the month and I can stop it by doing a 'sorn'. Payments are auto' stopped. Restart it by taxing it the same way. Cost an extra tenner a year, but worth it I think.

fullpint

Sounds like all us oldies are in need of heaters and roofs hahahaha... I'm thinking Merlin route!!!!!!

benchmark51

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 10, March, 2017, 10:17:54 PM
Quote from: benchmark51 on 10, March, 2017, 10:15:04 PM

At least I have side panels on the ASBO Dave! I may even eventually fill in the gaps on the top on the bonnet to prevent cockpit wind!!  ;D
Gonna have to lay off the beenz too! lol

fullpint

May go take a sneaky peek at a Merlin tf!! Only a 2l pinto but I have my RS if I feel the need for a little speed :)

benchmark51

Is that the one at Bleadon hill? Looks nice and comfy, very civilised. I wouldn't be too down on Pinto 2.0, it is quite lively. Beside, that car is a tourer not a racer and a lot of pleasure can be had with that. My criteria included a hard top, otherwise I'd be going to Bleadon too! ;D ;D

fullpint

Yep that's the one, it does look tidy and like you said no racer but a comfy, warm, dry tourer :)

johnboy

hi andy,  no wet weather gear as im a fair weather driver lol and i find the a tad bit restrictive as in getting out of the car ( as im rather big boned ) the fire trucks my part time job and they cute together lol
cheers john

Newbietoo

John,

Cheers for getting back to me.  Roughly whereabouts general area is the car kept, if you don't sell it this week (I'm working away) I wouldn't mind having a look next if that was ok as it might work for me anyway?

Thanks, Andy F 

johnboy

andy,
im in the forest of dean, lydney( GL15 5pd ) to be precise your more than welcome to have a look at her,
im away on the 17 for the weekend tho  :( anytime during the week this fine as im on nights next week but if you are working away thats not a lot of cop  :)

cheers john 

johnboy

sorry guys the car has now been sold

cheers

Johnboy