Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

a kit car for someone to finsh

Started by xr2 stu, 10, January, 2011, 10:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

peetee

From the pics, looks like a nice build so far? Could be a cracker of a car............

xr2 stu

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 10, January, 2011, 11:04:14 PM
Nice little project for you Stu ;)
i wish a bit of money would help lol not long to go and i'll be saleing the xr to get some kit car money  lol

stupott901

yeah id be tempted if i had a double garage and not a single one ahhhh

have you seen the kit car business for sale on ebay aswell for the mev r2 anyone know anything bout it?

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: stupott901 on 11, January, 2011, 06:22:07 PM
have you seen the kit car business for sale on ebay aswell for the mev r2 anyone know anything bout it?

Only what I've read, you would have to be 100% committed to get that of the ground with not much money around. Good project for someone though. I think the seller could have done with a few more pics.

Link here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KIT-CAR-BUSINESS-PROJECT-/110633654171?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item19c247979b

stupott901

I am looking for ideas for an business venture as my time is nearly up in the army so gotta look for something to do that is most ptobably bit too much for me to take on though

aliwizard

not a bad looking car ,but makes me think why mev sold it on in the first place,there current cars sell well ,did they see something in this one to make them think it was not going to do well,nearly all there current cars are exo based,i think you could sell a few but as always these thinks are not cheap to get off the ground,and it is already a few years old so a few body tweeks are in order to make it more modern looking.allso different engine options,car and bike ect.it would be a brave person to take it on .

stupott901

Thanks Aliwizard for your feedback, it just looked like an interesting project once i was retired from the army but by the looks it has been sold or he has taken it off ebay, its just the sort of thing i want to get into once my time up in the army

cheers stu

aliwizard

hi stu,just reading december 2010 issue of complete kitcar  and came across robin davies exo car he called the asbo,i think he  is a member on here asbo i think,may be worth a email to him to see if he plans to produce any more cars if he does he my need investers ,or he may be willing to sell the car with the wrights to produce it ,as i said exo type cars are big at the moment.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: aliwizard on 17, January, 2011, 05:56:20 PM
hi stu,just reading december 2010 issue of complete kitcar  and came across robin davies exo car he called the asbo,i think he  is a member on here asbo i think,may be worth a email to him to see if he plans to produce any more cars if he does he my need investers ,or he may be willing to sell the car with the wrights to produce it ,as i said exo type cars are big at the moment.

Saw the car and met the driver at Llandow. It was one of fastest (if not the fastest) car there and handled like it was on rails - very impressive.

Krazyken

I second what Phil has said, at Llandow there was a Radical on track and Robins ASBO was all over the back of him.  On the strength of that I got Robin involved in the Stroke Association Day and because the car looked like an Aerial Atom with performance to match, he had a steady stream of punters all day.  I have Robins email so PM me if you would like to make contact with him.

Hairy Santa

Yes I noticed the speed of that car and was wondering how he was keeping up with it, it seeming to be one of the quickest cars out there
I went down to look at the radical and was told they were having problems with the turbo

'The Gaffer'

I got the impression that the radical guys were just making excuses. That asbo really was a well set up and fast car.

stupott901

Yeah that sounds pretty good yeah i read about in the mag be just the sort of thing id like to do