News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Anyone free this weekend - Need help!

Started by Grin-a-lot, 01, October, 2010, 06:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grin-a-lot

I'm hoping my new electric fuel pump and regulator is just the job for stopping my engine woes.  It's all waiting to be collected tomorrow morning but to be perfectly honest I haven't got a clue where to start. :o

I'm looking forward to learning but hoping someone might be free to point me in the right direction and help me out when it doesn't go to plan.

I've ordered the pump, regulator, fuel pressure gauge, fittings and blanking plate so I should have everything I need; i'm just worried about things like mounting the pump in a daft place, breaking into the fuel system and nausing it up etc.

I have a single garage, kettle/kitchen and calender with booby-doos on it if that helps sway the offer. ;D

So is there anyone that would be willing and able to hold my hand (preferably tomorrow)???  Please???

David H

Grin-a-lot

Dave, many thanks, left a message on your mob as well now!

'The Gaffer'

I'll be at the garage to lend a hand too. See you later.

David H

Mr Grin a lot, I hope you got home without being too wet and hopefully there is some improvement to your car!!

'The Gaffer'

Yep, hope the new pump and regulator help.

It really was boys toys day today, a full house at the garage..

A few jobs going on

Dave helping me change a master cylinder

Grin-a-lot

Car seemed good on the way home but hard to tell really, the rain was a pain in the buttocks.

Thank you both for your help today, it was great to learn a but about my car and very satisfying to hear it start first time (even if there was a bit of a fuel leak and we upset your neighbour!).

foggy

I have just come back from my holidays,been following your story, I hope your car runs a lot better now, mine is still 2 months off from completion.

'The Gaffer'

Have you changed or swapped over the plugs yet sir grin?

Grin-a-lot

Sort of!  Swapped them over and started the car.  All 4 plugs were v black again so cleaned them all and let the car idle.  Started easily and sounded quite good at idle (similar to Sat night). Pulled the leads one at a time and I'm sure there was a more pronounced effect on those first and last cylinders.

The impact wasn't the same across all cylinders but I'm sure it was a bit better!

I had a quick gander at noise regulations and as far as I can see the only law is between 11pm and 7am.  Will have a proper look later on so at least you know where you stand.

'The Gaffer'

If the plugs go black again, the car will need to be looked at again by the tuners as it simply shoudent do that. Glad it starts better though. Keep us up to date.

Also try to get a definitive yes or no on the first and last cylinder issue, that may point you / tuners in the right direction.