News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Nice for a drive..

Started by fullpint, 22, January, 2012, 05:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fullpint

Yesterday I had my car under the car port ALL day just waiting for that lite rain to blow over....... >:(
No such luck..
However today was a different story  8) Fulled up at 930am came back home.. Then took out the sons girl-friend (who is due to drop any day) to try to bring her into labour  :D. That failed so I took the son out for a blast..
Just ended the day with an hour's drive by my-self.. Very nice it was, apart from my very poor lights ::)
Much get the wfie out (when its a tad warmer) and drive down to Cheddar.. Will post a thread when I do and perhaps a couple more may show up.. Bring on Spring-time  :-* :-* ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

'Mendip Wurzel'

I'l be there when the weather impoves........
You mentioned taking the wife, I usually take my wife and the dog in fact as soon as the covers are off the dog is straight into the passenger seat ready to go. She will sit there for ages even if we don't go anywhere. I guess a far as she is concerned kit car outings usually means a walk and a cafe for some titbits.

My lights were rubbish but I fitted some 100w bulbs and also some very small fog lights, so now things are fairly bright. Setting the height of the beam at the correct level helps,  which is quite fiddly on my kit car.

Kevin 

fullpint

How big is your dog? I don't think my lab x boxer will fit in the Mk Indy along with the wife!! And what about pc plod??? Is there a law saying we can't have a woof in a kit car? Mine would love to come along.. Took her out my Suzuki Cappucineo which I think is smaller inside than my Mk Indy  ;D

'Mendip Wurzel'

We have a Jack Russell and she sits on my wife lap. She has a leather look flying type coat that she wears when its cold. We get more looks and comments about the dog than the kit car. She has been everywhere with us and on some long journeys and the Police have never said anything. She is also clipped in via her lead so she can't do a kamocasy out of the car. I guess as long as it is safe and the dog doesn't hinder my driving than it is probably okay.

'Mendip Wurzel'

A photo of Millie our dog in the Kit Car........ she isn't allowed to pose like this when we are driving.

paintman

I went out Sat. and met up with Stupot for lunch in the Hood.....weather not great but still enjoyed myself.      As long as it's not raining hard i go......believe in using the car as much as i can, can't see the point in waiting for perfect weather in England.    Put on your water-proofs and go for it.....soon be Summer. ???

fullpint

Quote from: 'Mendip Wurzel' on 22, January, 2012, 05:57:09 PM
We have a Jack Russell and she sits on my wife lap. She has a leather look flying type coat that she wears when its cold. We get more looks and comments about the dog than the kit car. She has been everywhere with us and on some long journeys and the Police have never said anything. She is also clipped in via her lead so she can't do a kamocasy out of the car. I guess as long as it is safe and the dog doesn't hinder my driving than it is probably okay.
Now I can see why you take your dog..
Don't think I would be able to get away with it.. Its either the wife or the dog comes!!

'Mendip Wurzel'

I'd bring the dog......................................... only joking

Bulldog Bri

Never had a problem with my dog in the car and he's always got his head out the side (till around 60  :D)  and we've just got a second so they are gonna have to take it in turns for the windy seat  ;D

8)

'Mendip Wurzel'

Quote from: bulldog bri on 25, January, 2012, 09:59:46 AM
Never had a problem with my dog in the car and he's always got his head out the side (till around 60  :D)  and we've just got a second so they are gonna have to take it in turns for the windy seat  ;D

8)

Our dog is similar Brian, in that she stick her head out of the side of the car until it get too windy and if it gets too cold or rains she crawls into the foot well.... certainly not daft.
She also has a habit of barking at people if they look a bit suspicious... if you are wearing a large hat or fluorescent jacket or have any sort of odd movement like a limp then you are likely to get barked at.     

fullpint

Managed a small run today.. Castle Combe for a sound check after fitting a Westfield end can  >:( Still far tooooooo loud, down to 108db which is better than the 115 from my ther can. Best buy a standard R-1 can.. Getting a nice collection on end cans now  :D :D
Back to todays run;;;;;;;; Was bloody cold and still a bit of ice of the back roads which needed a little care. Sun was also a little low which can catch you out  :o

'Mendip Wurzel'

Quote from: fullpint on 11, February, 2012, 12:30:12 PM
Managed a small run today.. Castle Combe for a sound check after fitting a Westfield end can  >:( Still far tooooooo loud, down to 108db which is better than the 115 from my ther can. Best buy a standard R-1 can.. Getting a nice collection on end cans now  :D :D
Back to todays run;;;;;;;; Was bloody cold and still a bit of ice of the back roads which needed a little care. Sun was also a little low which can catch you out  :o

Well you get my vote for braving this weather...

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: 'Mendip Wurzel' on 11, February, 2012, 10:07:23 PM
Well you get my vote for braving this weather...

I've got heated seats, a heater, and a roof and I didn't manage a drive today :-[

paintman

I managed a blast down the by-pass, only about 8 miles but it was definitely bracing but enjoyable in the sun with the heater on. ;)    Bit of a bu**er to start thou what with it being freezing!!

fullpint

Cold start not issue here, choke works a treat. As for a heater!!! Non for me, just 4 layers on top and 2 on bottom. Should be +2 today so I may get away with taking off a layer  :D
Can't wait or the spring to get here.

fullpint

Just got back from walking my dog and thought 'Lets fire up te old BEC and pop down to Cheddar'....... :o
A rain cloud has just come over us. Checked the radar forecast and it looks like its coming from the west.. Bummer..
I may risk heading up to Stow, looks ok that way but only till about 2pm ish..
Or should I pop down to Radstock to see my Mum?? Nope  ;D ;D ;D

'Mendip Wurzel'

Afraid I am doing the mum visit thing today.... boring, O well.

fullpint

80 odd miles done but in a little light rain and bloody cold. Just got back home and my fingers have a case of bad pins and needles  :)
And now I'm back the sun has come out  :( Still was nice to blow out a few cobwebs from the old blade. :P