News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

need propper electrical (design) engineer

Started by chrislandy, 29, January, 2012, 05:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrislandy

Chaps,

I've got a small project on the go and I need speak to a propper electrical controls engineer for some advice/assistance (preferably gratis as it's for a uni project)

Thanks
Chris

Dixie

What control system?

Siemans, Allen Bradley other?

Are we talking PLC or print cards, ladder logic or other?

I have a few engineers, need to know what you want before I decide which engineer.

M

chrislandy

I'm building an oven, I have seen a controller that I think will do the job as I need programable temperature ramp rate, dwell period and cooling cycles (some with ramp, dwell, ramp, dwell, cool) etc but I need some advice on thermisters/thermocouples, heater elements and how to wire the thing up! The oven needs to heat to around 200degC max (70-120typ), a typical example of a cycle could be something like: ramp @2deg/min to 70deg, dwell-1hr, ramp @ 2deg/min to 120deg, dwell 3hrs, cool@1deg/min OR ramp 2deg/min to 80deg, dwell for 12hrs, cool 1deg/min

The controller I've seen is a CAL 9900 (used) but I had a look around Farnell and saw some others that seem to log and control via computer.

Thanks
chris

chrislandy

bit of an update, planning 2 oven sizes approx 1200x1200x800 and 2400x1200x800 internal dims, with 100mm of dense packed glass insulation

was looking at 1 or 2 of these as the heating element: http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/ceramic-h ... s/7241716/ with solid state 20A 240v AC relays

Could someone PM me their email address so I can send a circuit sketch for comment?

thanks
Chris.