AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Wyedean Forest Rally this weekend any one?

Started by Sumov8, 09, February, 2012, 08:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sumov8

I know its going to be cold and not ideal kit car weather but any one fancy a run over the border to watch the Wyedean forest rally on the saturday?

Its a two day event and myself and Alan are going to take a run over, check the link out here:-

http://www.wyedeanrally.com/index.html

We will be passing the Severn Bridge Car park (old one) at around 08:30 if any one wants to join us drop a PM or add to this topic :P :P

Grin-a-lot

Do you know what time it finishes? I'll be there (doubt I'll bring the Westfield) and might go later in the day but can't figure out when it'll end.

I went the other year and it ran til about dusk.

Sumov8

Not sure what time it should end on the saturday but we aim to head for Speach House Hotel to the left of Cinderford
as there are a number of places to park and different stages on either side of the road

It does state that stage 7 first car through will be 13:36 and with close to 100 cars entered that should take a couple of hours minimum.

Moleman

Sorry I would love to go but have to work. thanks though.  :(

Grin-a-lot

I'm going to get to Speech House for about 10am, catch the end of stage 2 and then a bit of stage 3 as its not too far of a walk.  Weather looks good too.

Sumov8

"Grin a Lot "we must have missed  you, we did the stages at Speech house from about 09:00 - 16:00 when we just caught the second half of the rugby in a local pub.

Great days rallying, very cold at times but if you were able to get into the sun it didnt take long to warm up, walked around a number of the stages on both sides of the road
great to see the historic's running so well in very slippery conditions, must admit though we did leave our kit cars in the garage and took the wifes 4 x 4 with a lovely heater!!

A few pictures of a great day.

Grin-a-lot

Great photos! I saw most of the cars in the photos that you've put up so I reckon we must've passed like ships in the night!  Here's some of mine:

fullpint

I think snow on the ground is a must for a rally, looks like a good day was missed..

'The Gaffer'