News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Could this be the day when we all..............

Started by fullpint, 15, July, 2012, 08:49:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fullpint

I can see a little blue sky towards the west. So could this be the day when we can fire-up our in-line 4's, V-6's, V-8's and give them a nice run out?

I'm baby sitting in the morning but have set my top-box to record the moto-GP so I can head out and find a nice run.. Hopefully I wont be the only one  8)

Grin-a-lot

I might be ableto get some time off this afternoon...

paintman

fullpint

I think we all need to get out. Mums, dads, kids, grand-parents etc.. This weather we have had is total pants.... They reckon that air-stream is moving north on the 25th!!!

'Mendip Wurzel'

I'm going up Hartleys for lunch today with the kit car

http://www.hartleyskitchen.com/

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: fullpint on 15, July, 2012, 10:20:50 AM
I think we all need to get out. Mums, dads, kids, grand-parents etc.. This weather we have had is total pants.... They reckon that air-stream is moving north on the 25th!!!

I hope THEY are right!.  ::)

8)

'Mendip Wurzel'

Went to Hartleys today in the kit car. Pleasant weather and good lunch.... very nice.

fullpint

Ive just got back from a nice drive, only down side (we do like to moan  ;)) is that sun when driving into it..
Still can't knock.
I went down the A4 and done a loop around Bath then picked up the A36 and dropped down into Limpley Stoke, thru Winsley down into Bradford-On-Avon onto Wingfield. Hung a left to Trowbridge thru Holt and onto Melksham. Then went up to Bromham onto Calne and into Chippenham then up the A4 and back home to Rudloe. I needed that fix  ;D Forecast for the week is rain but fingers crossed come the weekend it will be dry!!!!
The Mk Indy was faultless  8)

Grin-a-lot

I managed a short trip out around North Bristol out past Yate, Chipping Sodbury and into Horton.  It was only a short one but the weather was good and the car behaved really well.

YellaBelly

Hairy Santa

went to Castle Combe 8.45am met up with Tom (Rural Stig) and spent the day driving and being driven round the track , great fun was had by all

Some very nice cars in attendance

3/4 of a tank later, called it a day  - Over £5000 for Teenage Cancer

What a brill day  :)

stevel

Managed to get the Tiger out this afternoon, first time since Llandow.  Just a quick hours blast but great fun and lifted the mood.

paintman

Went for a runout.....went to Gillingham passing Stourhead then on to Shaftsbury, turned back and came home via East Knoyle and Warminster after stopping for a pint in a pub by Shearwater.  Must have done about 30 miles...... ;) ;)

'The Gaffer'

I was lucky enough to get a +1 invite to a private birthday party at Bruntingthorpe proving grounds this weekend along with Dave H and Roger.

We had open pit all day and there were only 10 or so track cars there.. Fantastic day!!! The weather started a little wet and then became sunny, then a small shower later on in the day.

The track itself was amazing, tons of run-off even when a bit slippery in the wet. A few of us saw some grass throughout the day but no serious damage was done. Speeds of well over 140mph were achievable.

As it was a family party there were lots of passenger rides going on. I took about 6 guests out including a 10 year old girl, she had a great time. There were also plenty of aircraft to see on a tour and a drive-by from a big wartime 4 engined jet.

Food was plentiful and tasty all day, cream teas and salsa dancing lessons just seemed a natural progression. (If you read this Andrew, thanks for the great day!!)

With the day over, and a few wines around the log fire I settled down for a night in my tent, haven't camped for years but did enjoy the adventure, especially cooking breakfast on my small stove.

I would like to get a few people together for a private track day at Bruntingthorpe later in the year but have to work out the logistics first.

fullpint

Can't beat fried bacon and beans done on the small camping stove.. Taste sooo much better for some reason and not for getting that brew.. Looks like you had a good day/night  8)

robp

David H

me me me me!

i wish.

what a corker of a day. one of the best days i can remember. i must have done at least 15 sessions as i used  almost 2 tanks of fuel mostly in the wet!!

getting the M sideways with no marshals to tell me off.... brilliant.

not much of my tyres or brake pads left but well worth it.

fullpint

Just got back in after a 2 hour blast.. Weather perfect for it, no low sun hitting you in the face and nice and mild. Forecast in sunny for the next few days so the Indy will be taken to work tomorrow and Friday  8)

paintman

Yea it was mild......went out for half an hour to play with the traffic on the byepass. ;D ;D

fullpint

Lovely clear blue sky today. A little fresh but perfect for a drive. Gonna try to get the Indy out for an hour's drive thru some nice lanes. Got to take the chance while we can now  8)

paintman

Yep, that's what i did.    Packed in the golf because i was playing rubbish and took the Hood for a good thrash and a run out for brunch.....had to be done! ;)

stevel

The Tiger had to come out to play today.  Took Charlie out with me for a quick run.  Absolutely lovely to get out and get some fresh air  ;D, the smiley is from Charlie!!

YellaBelly

Might have to stretch the Locost's legs today if the weather goes the way it's looking  8) :D :D

fullpint

Started off a cracking day. I'm sure on friday they forecast rain for today!!!.
I may go out later, just depends upon how I feel after my homemade (phal) beef curry is inside me... ;) ;) ;) ;)

YellaBelly

Well, managed to get out for an hour's blat!

Forgot how good it feels :D Finally got some fuel additive to put in the tank and the engine certainly seems a little sweeter for it. Without trying to temp fate it was running really good, nice and steady on the temperature, nice steady tickover at the lights, all-in-all a very enjoyable drive  8) And even better now I can clean the windscreen when the car in front piles through some standing water! :)

Let's hope for some more nice crisp clear days in the months ahead....

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: fullpint on 07, October, 2012, 01:33:57 PM
I may go out later, just depends upon how I feel after my homemade (phal) beef curry is inside me... ;) ;) ;) ;)

You must be nuts :o ;) Madras is my limit :P

fullpint

Brrrrr, Just had to go for an hours run. Was very COLD, tyres rock hard and had very little traction. Left her in the sun and will wait till after noon before heading out again. Love-it when it's just a little fresh but don't like it with the sun being low..
Any one else brave enough to go topless today?  ;D