+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Breakfast at Hartly's on Sunday.

Started by Dixie, 01, August, 2009, 04:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dixie

Does anyone fancy a breakfast at Hartly's on Sunday morning 2nd August.  Richard got me thinking last weekend when we were at the Burrington Cafe. 

Mark  (Dixie) ;D

Richard

Can always see you there, not the same though being in a road car. Not sure of forecast though.

'The Gaffer'

Where is Hartley's Mark?

I'd be up for it if its not too early.

Richard

Weather looks ok for the morning if not sunny in middle of day !
say 10:00-10:15 a.m. or just after ?

Rookery Farm, Binegar, Radstock, Avon BA3 4UL

From Bristol direction say A38 head for Burrington combe and then just keep going until crossroads where you must stop then turn left and keep going over lights at Green Ore (Bristol-Wells road A something), then over next crossroads(Bath to Wells road B something) and about 1 mile on left in amongst the farm buildings.
If coming from Bristol to Shepton Road turn right at Old Mendip Inn after Gurney ...

Easy to drive straight past.

Bulldog Bri

Soz, won't be able to do that one. Got loads going on at home at the mo'  :'(

8)

'The Gaffer'

Dave H will be along as well in his Westfield

David H

yep, quite fancy a bit of nosh and a blast. Thanks for th reminder Phil

Richard

pics along later, some garden and other stuff to catch up on first.

Dave / Phil - our guess is you'll be home by Tuesday given your navigation skills  ;)

Good to see you, thanks to Paul Hartley for breakfast hosting !

'The Gaffer'

The instant reply board strikes again. :)

What a great way to spend a Sunday morning!! Some great company, great cars, and great food.
We must go there again.

Not content with two huge sandwiches at our last breakfast run, this time Pete tucks into his second breakfast :o :o ;D

dave_bence

Sorry I couldn't make it today - I've been up a ladder with a paint brush since 9.00am.

That breakfast sure looks good!

See you all next Sunday.

'The Gaffer'

No worries Dave, we all have other things that need doing. Personally I tend to ignore them till its to late ;D

The food really was quality, very tastey.

See you soon.

Bulldog Bri

Hope to be able to join you all again on the next breakfast run

8)

Richard

btw - Mark we are curious to hear how the first recipe turns out  ;D

For those who didn't go, Paul Hartley has authored a few cook books of special interest, all available at his place as well as elsewhere, you can have a signature if you ask him nicely  ;)

David H

That was an ace breakfast. A great find and one I shall definately go back to again. Nice one chaps!!
Thanks for leading the horse to water Pete.
Also apologies for being late again!!! no excuse this time either.

Hairy Santa

Hi Guys,
      Must do hartley's again, brill breakfast's, and nice drive out in the sunshine

I'm not the only one who had 2 ---  come on own up Dave --- they were nice though  ;D

See you all soon

Pete

Dixie

Nice morning out, great breakfast and lovely black pudding.  Un-limited coffee and a really nice host, Paul Hartley is a gent will definately go back with wifey.  Brought his recipe book on how to cook with "Tomato ketchup" a must for my 9 year old daughter.

Santa you bloater, you deserved to be sick ;)  And Dave how you stay that thin eating what you eat is beyond me. 

Richard, how did the photo of my Cob with engine showing come out?

See you next Sunday.  Mark

[/quote]

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Dixie on 02, August, 2009, 09:43:03 PM
Santa you bloater, you deserved to be sick ;)  And Dave how you stay that thin eating what you eat is beyond me. 

lol ;D ;D ;D

Richard

Pics of car look well aligned, will get Thomas editing tomorrow. Files in full pixel are huge on that camera (up to 70MB per pic).

A couple of good general ones as well of the cars, need to get a good setting to avoid a few background details.

Will let you know when its ready.

Richard

We'll do a your car only in a more scenic location at some point. Much more detailed pixel pic I can email you ~6.8MB.

Dixie

Quote from: Richard on 03, August, 2009, 01:10:24 PM

We'll do a your car only in a more scenic location at some point. Much more detailed pixel pic I can email you ~6.8MB.

Great photo Rich, many thanks.

David H

Yep I admit to having 2 breakfasts also, cant deny it. I store it in my toes.

I want one of those engine picture, it looks ace Rich!

Richard

Quote from: David H on 05, August, 2009, 10:01:11 PM
I want one of those engine picture, it looks ace Rich!

They are becoming a Club special. The full detailed ones are >25MB and look fantastic on HD TVs. We'll get one done on another meet day, keep that engine clean  ;)
Slightly easier to do with your type of vehicle.

We're working on a few other special shots for the next iterations, let's see how they work out.