+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Camerton Tomorrow/Today - anyway Sunday 19th August

Started by Griff, 18, August, 2012, 09:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griff

Paintman has just let me know that there is a show on at Camerton tomorrow; the weather is looking ok for those of us with climate control ;)

Anyone heading out that way? Wanna meet up?

Griff

paintman

'Mendip Wurzel'

'Mendip Wurzel'

Went to the car show. Quite a lot of cars there, very friendly. A nice afternoon in the sun. Very tempted to buy a Lomax 3 wheeler.

Dixie

Kev, don't buy a Lomax!!

If you're tempted to go to 3 wheels, look at a JZR with Guzzi motor(Rare) or a Pembleton with 2CV or BMW flat twin.

OR

go for a proper car and go for a Grinnal Scorpion.

M

YellaBelly

+1 for the Scorpion, always loved them since they first came out. Apparently they are a hoot to drive :D

They look SWEET in Candy Red ;)

paintman

Glad you all had a nice day out, sorry I couldn't join you.....had to earn some brownie points with the wife! ;D

Tony

'Mendip Wurzel'

Dixie (and anybody else who wants to comment)

The thing I like about the Lomax is they are relitively cheap to buy and look a bit like the Morgan 3 wheeler.... and road tax is cheap.

The Pembleton has a wheel on the back which I don't like the look of.....

Why is the Lomax not recommended?

I don't want a racey three wheeler,  more the WW2 fighter pilot look in that people will pitty me and want to chat. I see this as more of a social car....

I would still keep my current kit car.

Thanks Chaps

Dixie

Kev.

Only to say that the Lomax is very much a "Kit" car and as such 7 out of 10 are not good, but the 3 that are left are usually fab.

Performance isn't usually great, but ok for a Sunday blast.

Pembletons use the same running gear, a 2CV swing arm and a modified front suspension.  They handle alot better.

Just my humble!!

Mark

Moleman

I have a freind who has a old TRIKING which has a guzzi motor in it.
Yes you can't go around corners very well  :-[   but it is fun to be in, You definitely need the goggles & white scarf  :P
But you do get alot of interest in it. It is based on a Morgan 3 wheel as far as I know? (which ain't alot) But good for runs out on sundays etc & shows.  :D

Dixie

Trikings are well sought after.  A new one is £20K.  Up until recently they were factory built, but I believe the owner is trying to sell the company, and may consider making kits available.

A Guzzi JZR is just as good and a 1/3 the price.

The say that once you have driven a decent 3 wheeler, you'll wonder why they put a 4th wheel on.

I am seriously considering a new 3 wheeled Morgan, but I just can't bring myself to pay £30K for a what is really a glorified JZR.

M

paintman

Why not get a Reliant Robin or a Bug.......... and you won't get wet...lol ;D

fullpint

Quote from: paintman on 20, August, 2012, 11:49:49 PM
Why not get a Reliant Robin or a Bug.......... and you won't get wet...lol ;D
Always wanted a Bond-Bug in my youth.. But have you seen what they go for now  :o

Hairy Santa

YellaBelly

Blimey! That windscreen looks as heavy as the rest of the car :o I guess aerodynamics isn't the main theme then? ;)

Dixie

You could ditch the screen and put some nice little Aero screens on.

Seems quite a good price.

Mark

fullpint

'Mendip Wurzel'

Okay, they are not pritty..... maybe I should re-consider

fullpint