News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Cheddar run tomorrow ??? 6/10/2013 for breakfast

Started by Hairy Santa, 05, October, 2013, 03:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hairy Santa

anyone fancy a run to cheddar tomorrow morning,  sun out all day by all accounts, maybe meet up somewhere 

anyone interested ???

or should I put this on a car club forum  ;)

WALNUT

Yes im up for that give me more info.
                                           Walnut

Hairy Santa

Where is everybody  - come on lads , the suns out

peterw

paintman

I just did a new post for this!!!!  lol :D

3 of us are coming......meet at Mendip Inn, 10.30am? (see my post)

Tony

peterw

Could do with a good Cohlestral boost !!

Mendip Inn it is then

Moleman

Hairy Santa

Walnut and I are meeting at the Keynsham roundabout meeting spot at 9.30am- you are welcome to join us

gonna go on down through the lakes so see you all at the pub we went to last time in Cheddar unless Walnut wants to do something different

WALNUT

paintman

Ok, but we won't be there till 11ish.    We'll be at the Mendip Inn at 10.30 still for lazy bu**ers like us!!

Tony

Hairy Santa

Quote from: paintman on 05, October, 2013, 08:41:10 PM
Ok, but we won't be there till 11ish.    We'll be at the Mendip Inn at 10.30 still for lazy bu**ers like us!!

Tony

we will try not to eat all the food before you get there  :P

'The Gaffer'

YellaBelly

No go for me, we're of to Wales to collect a puppy for my son-in-law and his wife.

Have a good run chaps, hope it stays fine :)

Sumov8

Santa / Walnut  If you dont mind I will join you at the roundabout for 09:30 :)

Almondsburyhills

Weather is good for tomorrow, love to take Dutton out but too many chores to do at home. (wifes brakes need changing, had for weeks too)
p.s Steve how did you get two days out?

Sumov8

I have to be back in time to take the wife out for lunch!! :P :P

Hairy Santa

We had 8 cars, not back for 1 days notice

Brill weather , great company and a loverly drive - can't ask for more

sorry no pics as I forgot camera

Moleman

I managed to make it in the end & so glad I did.  ;D What a cracking day for October.  :o
I met up with afew guys at our normal Keynsham meeting place. Then we followed Hairy santa on a smashing scenic route through the countryside, past chew valley lake then down into Cheddar gorge.
we stopped for ten mins to see if we would see the southern guys coming through as it was getting close to when they would be coming through.

Then we went on to the riverside pub in cheddar for breakfast. only to be joined by the other guys just 5mins after we ordered.  :)

Then I follow Hairy santa who went home a slightly different way home which we ended up going down a really long narrow country lane which I have to say looked really funny every time I looked in my mirrors to see Walnut just making it through with not alot of spare room to spare.  :P Sorry tony but it did make me smile.  ;D

fullpint

Weather was cracking for October. Gutted I could not make it.
Did manage to go for a run out in the afternoon tho.
I could handle weather like this 12 months of the year please :D
Still glad a few made it along today.

Sumov8

Nice run out and a good breakfast, How Santa can eat Two!! Full Monties beats me.

Great start to the winter. :o

'The Gaffer'

Great pics, hopefully not the last chance to get some sun this year.

Where did the American Muscle come from in the last pic?

paintman

That's Mustang Tony's Elenor ...... a brilliant identical replica of the Mustang driven by Nicolas Cage in "Gone In Sixty Seconds".......sounds great, very loud with a huge American v8 fitted.

He came down with me eventually, was late getting to my house due to having to move a car parked across his lock-up with a fork-lift!!!!! :o :o

Tony

YellaBelly

Gutted I couldn't make it :(

Glad you guys had a good run. Who knows, one day I might actually make the Cheddar run? :)

Daley Down Under

Quote from: YellaBelly on 07, October, 2013, 11:15:34 AM
Gutted I couldn't make it :(

Glad you guys had a good run. Who knows, one day I might actually make the Cheddar run? :)

Always the cycling option JB  :D

YellaBelly

Daley Down Under

'Mendip Wurzel'

I noticed this too late otherwise I would have attended... sounds like a good run.

I went to a breakfast car meeting at Redhill on Sunday by Bristol Airport which was okay but I didn't really know anybody.

Dixie

Kev.

We discussed your recent French trip, seems to be some interest in next yr?

Mark

WALNUT

Nice run down, bit tight in places but nothing to bad. But if your ever going to use the roads we come back on you will have to let me know, and I will find my own way. not much fun driving a car that is nearly 7 foot wide on a road that is just 7 foot wide.
                                                                                       Walnut

Hairy Santa

Quote from: WALNUT on 07, October, 2013, 04:17:44 PM
Nice run down, bit tight in places but nothing to bad. But if your ever going to use the roads we come back on you will have to let me know, and I will find my own way. not much fun driving a car that is nearly 7 foot wide on a road that is just 7 foot wide.
                                                                                       Walnut

Sorry Tony

WALNUT

LOL. Dont be sorry I might have done the same thing without thinking. And anyway thats not like you to say sorry. I would expect you to be much ruder....LOL
                                                                                      wALNUT

Moleman

If it makes you feel any better Tony I did bottum out a few times on some loose stones in that lane.  ::) I wish I could of taken a picture of you going through there. It did look close.  :)