+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Astitch in time

Started by garry h, 16, March, 2014, 08:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garry h

We've all heard the saying a stitch in time saves nine well if ever that was true it certainly was today.
I bought a new fan belt, cam belt,water pump and tensioner a couple of weeks ago with the intention of giving Betsy a full service.
So today thought I would make a start only to be teased by the sun to go out for a run,so with sunnies on and a big grin on my face I looked forward to a cruise around the Island and just as I was driving her out of the workshop snap, one broken cam belt  :( :(.
She was only ticking over so Im hoping not to have to much damage,live in hope and all that  ::).
VALUBLE LESSON LEARNED :'(

Moleman

Dam. Sorry to hear that mate. I would have opted for the run out instead myself if I was in your shoes too.  :)

Bulldog Bri

Ouch! :o Hope no damage was done  ::)

8)

'The Gaffer'

SPAXIMUS

What engine is it. Most of the modern ones are unlikley to not have damage, but if it was a pinto then there is a very good chance you will have no damage.

garry h

Thanks guys it is a pinto so fingers crossed no damage.Im not going to have time to look at it till the weekend so will know more then.

benchmark51

Should be ok with a pinto. I've never known one to damage with a broken belt. 10 minute job ;)