News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

weekend blast ?

Started by reluctant, 24, September, 2009, 08:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reluctant

Anything going down this weekend? I feel the need for a blast, and the suns supposed to shine!!!!
Any ideas.

Martin.

PhilW

Yeah, damned right, there won't be much more of the rare yellow thing in the sky this year ::)

Dixie

Quote from: PhilW on 24, September, 2009, 09:09:23 PM
Yeah, damned right, there won't be much more of the rare yellow thing in the sky this year ::)
Yea I am up for something on Sunday.  My car goes away next weekend for 4 weeks, comes back the weekend before Exeter.

As long as it includes a breakfast.

Mark

'The Gaffer'

YellaBelly

I Hate you all :( :(

Well not really :D

Just better get on with my build and stop whinging I guess

;)

Dixie

How about doing our own Sunday service?  and going to Cheddar.  There is a good pub at the bottom that does a lovely brekkie.  Santa and me know it well. ;D

Mark

'The Gaffer'

Cheddar sounds good to me, not crack of dawn though  ;)

PS Mark nbsp; = 2 spaces after your question mark.

Dixie

Quote from: G & Toniq on 25, September, 2009, 10:45:48 AM
Cheddar sounds good to me, not crack of dawn though  ;)

PS Mark nbsp; = 2 spaces after your question mark.

How about 10.30 ish

Hairy Santa

count me in, as long as the casting I'm doing on the car dries in time -- otherwise I will be on my bike

do we plan having a run out after ????????????????????

Dixie

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 25, September, 2009, 04:18:10 PM
count me in, as long as the casting I'm doing on the car dries in time -- otherwise I will be on my bike

do we plan having a run out after ????????????????????

Could go to the Lamb in Axbridge after a fry up. ;D

reluctant

Sounds good to me, where we meeting up and when. Got a spare seat if anyones crazy enough!!

Dixie

Quote from: reluctant on 25, September, 2009, 09:35:54 PM
Sounds good to me, where we meeting up and when. Got a spare seat if anyones crazy enough!!

What about meeting at Green Ore pub, then do a right to Cheddar down through the Gorge to our eating place, onto Axbridge OR back up to he Burrington Inn. 

Mark

'The Gaffer'

Where is the pub Mark?

Do you have a postcode?

Dixie

Quote from: G & Toniq on 25, September, 2009, 11:17:17 PM
Where is the pub Mark?

Do you have a postcode?

is it easier to meet at Burington inn and go from there?

reluctant

Green Ore pub on the x roads A39 tween chewton mendip and wells, 10.30. I can meet G & Tonic at kelloway builders merchants 9.30-45ish and show the way, let me know.

Martin.

Hairy Santa

Are we having a meet up at mcdonalds in Brizlinton as normal for the crew from up this end ???

Hairy Santa

Hi Guys,

I have just been on the landline to Dixie asking what is happening tomorrow, and he suggests we all meet at Burrington and go from there

So it's meet at Burrington NOT the green ore ---!!!!!!!!

Are we meeting up this end , mcdonalds and the A38 at bedminster down

Bell me if you wish  --  9772951

'The Gaffer'

Right, as we all know where the burrington inn is lets meet there at 10.30

Personally I was not impressed with the breakfast on our last visit, So I suggest we make this place simply a meeting place and move on to Cheddar for a bite to eat.

Martin. I will meet you at kellaway buiders at 09.30 - 09.45. I will be just the other side of Longmead about 25 YARDS AWAY from the builders merchants.

That includes anyone else unless you meet at Macdonalds and we all meet at the Burrington Inn for about 10.30.

See you all tomorrow.

Dixie

Quote from: G & Toniq on 26, September, 2009, 10:30:12 PM
Right, as we all know where the burrington inn is lets meet there at 10.30

Personally I was not impressed with the breakfast on our last visit, So I suggest we make this place simply a meeting place and move on to Cheddar for a bite to eat.

Martin. I will meet you at kellaway buiders at 09.30 - 09.45. I will be just the other side of Longmead about 25 YARDS AWAY from the builders merchants.

That includes anyone else unless you meet at Macdonalds and we all meet at the Burrington Inn for about 10.30.

See you all tomorrow.

Agreed brekkie was expensive as well.  We can go to Cheddar for a bite to eat.

Mark

Hairy Santa

Looks like I will be running down on my own then

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 26, September, 2009, 11:01:50 PM
Looks like I will be running down on my own then

Pete, meet me and Martin? at Kellaway Builders Merchants on Kellawy Ave Horfield at about 09.30- 09.45.

Hairy Santa

Thats completely the opposite direction, north of me, and we are all going south

which way are you going a37 or a38

'The Gaffer'

I am guessing A38

See you at the Burrington regardless mate.

Hairy Santa

I will be joining the A38 at the Kings Head pub ( 1/2 mile up the road from our meeting point at bedminster down) it is right on the small roundabout, and has a car park, anyone interested in joining me see you there

Will leave there at 10.05 for run down to Burrington

See you there

Bulldog Bri

Sorry guys, gonna have to miss out this weekend, loads to do.

8)

'The Gaffer'

Very low turnout for this one but those that did come had a great day out. The weather was fantastic, the breakfast was excellent.. And cheap too.

We had a brilliant morning drive over the Mendips, stunning scenery with mist on the hills. Met at Burrington and drove on to Cheddar for breakfast (Or in Pete's case 2 breakfast's) at the Bath Arms Hotel.

One car had a couple of problems with a fuel pump valve, but help was on hand to get it running again.

All in all, another great day of driving and camaraderie.

Where does he put 2 breakfasts :o

Stop off at the Cheddar Gorge.

A few of the boys today.

Small mehanical problem

Bulldog Bri

Looks great, wish I'd been able to go as well but just to much going on at home.  :-\ plus had the kids here  ::)

Next time. (I hope ;D)

8)

Cob68

Looks a fun day sorry could not make only just back from holiday.

Richard

Good to see you out and about.
Nice to see the European wanders back.