News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

House/Garage Electrics

Started by PhilW, 30, September, 2009, 05:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilW

I've been taking the pee with an extension lead to power my garage (Three years)and i'm fed up with blowing fuses, can anyone wire it up from the consumer unit please, i allready have the armourd cable to run the feed.

Furore Phil

I've done house wiring before (diy - i'm not qualified) but never to the main fuse box !

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Phil on 02, October, 2009, 11:00:40 PM
I've done house wiring before (diy - i'm not qualified) but never to the main fuse box !

I am City & Guilds qualified in electrical installation, but from the 80's, never kept up with current editions so limited to what I can legaly do, sorry.

Bulldog Bri

I to am only a DIYer. But have replaced some of the wires in my house. Including a new circuit from the fusebox. NO Qualies but a lot of homework and advice from people who were before I went in.

8)

PhilW

Cheers for the replies guys, legal pah! i dont care, i could really do with changing the consumer unit as well, anyone brave enough?

Richard

Done it a couple of times before but since regulation changes not done it.
The wiring colours changed and when it comes to selling the house these items are on the check list.

You could DIY and get someone in to check and sign-off who is authorised to do so, that might be a compromise.