News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Great weather this weekend

Started by Iancider, 25, September, 2015, 10:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iancider

Come on guys and gals,

It is a great weather forecast this weekend - get out there and enjoys yourselves!

Post here is you did something interesting!

Ian

longtimecoming

I've got full permission from the management to work on my car both days. As a follow up to the three days I've already done this week.
She will be watching Rugby anyway.
So that's a result for me. By the end of the weekend I will be smelling of Paint, welding and sweat, perfick.

fullpint

Going to try and meet up with those going to Kemble today. Weather is perfect for us 'Topless' chaps..

Brandy Barrel

Didn't recieve gaskets from burton so cant fix the car!
Jet washed a spare pair of wheels i got for silly money.
Have a great weekend all of you.

peterw

Didn't do anything interesting, just went to work :( :( :( :( :(

However not working Monday or Tuesday, so come on Sunday Eve

Bulldog Bri

Found I had a broken bracket holding the exhaust up on the Locost after a quick run up the ring road this morning. New one made and now off down to the Checkers pub, Hanham with the Locost and my Bulldog. For a stroll with the dogs and possibly a drink cos I've earn't it  ;)

8)

Cob68

Just laid 50 patio slabs, off to polish the car now for a run out tomorrow, beer and rugby tonight. Cheers Tony

Facial Hair Optional

Went to the TVR meeing at Kemble......

Turned out that 5 of us met up, not a bad showing at a TVR event! Some nice cars there, I particularly liked the TVR Sagaris, awesome paint colours, but within even ten year old ones fetching nigh on £60k, well out of my range and though very nice I would not pay that for one anyway!!

This was my 1st run of any distance in the ASBO, she did very well, I was a bit cold 1st thing but great later in the day. I brimmed the tank b4 I left and as soon as I got back. The fuel is visible in the tank neck so I can do it mm perfect. I worked out the fuel consumption at 35.06mpg, not bad!! Also checked the mileometer for accuracy by zooming in on Google maps and plotting the exact route I took even down to a 300 metre detour we did when we overshot the turn off, which came out at 50.5 miles with my mileometer showing 50.6 Very happy with that indeed!  :) I think that probably means the speedo is accurate too?

All in all a fun day as usual. Cheers to Gary RH7, Steve Fullpint, Dave Benchmark and Colin Moleman for the adventure.

sanzomat

We (her and me) pootled down to Lacock in the GTM. Late breakfast/early lunch in the sunshine in the tea gardens, a stroll around the abbey, managed to avoid spending any money in Watlings, ice cream, back to the car to find some Japanese tourists taking photos of it (thankfully not leaning against it) then a nice drive home again via Biddestone and the back way through Castle Combe village. Lovely.

She suggested breakfast in one of the cafe terraces near the pier at Clevedon tomorrow morning. Did that last May and was able to park right opposite the cafe and took immense pride in how many people stopped to stare at the car, take photos of it, one even got down on his knees to look under the back.

jmad

Well I had a list of jobs to do around the house. I told the wife I had to go to B&Q which is 5 mins down the road. I got lost on the way home and it took 1 hour and a half to get back 8) :D. Taking my son to rugby tomorrow and may get lost on the way home again.

Iancider

Wow guys you all got really animated this weekend!  Its amazing what a little sun will do.

Well I worked hard This morning and got my chores done and some were on the Westie.  Of course it needed  a test run and 80 miles seemed to do the trick!  ;) :D 8) :P

I conquered Cheddar Gorge again and was stunned to find hardly anybody there and close to zero cyclists - they were all neatly herded together in a race thing nearby - very decent of them.  I discovered some great lanes I have never found before and they were brilliant!!!

Westie now in tip top shape for Brunch at Bradford on Avon tomorrow  - but it may need a quick wipe-over  :P

Ian

Camber Dave

For those that can't get away (or when you get back) check out the BTCC on ITV 4

In the Porsche races, Dino has changed teams and is front row on one grid and 3rd fastest in the second

Go Dino

Facial Hair Optional

10.00am to 6.00pm Sunday according to Tivo.
Good luck Dino!!!

CC Cyclone

Does Friday afternoon count? Met up with Mr Tone & Dave over at Track Developments to have a look over Tony's Belva and pick Dave's brain about my suspension. I learned a lot and lots to think about.

Tony seemed happy with the results but will let him post up his experience. A couple of images & video:

Iancider

What a great day today

Well done Dino - he got an overall second in the British Touring Car championship in the the Porsche.  I missed him getting a first earlier in the day but what a race!

This morning had a great Brunch at Bradford on Avon.  Beautiful weather great run-out, enormous breakfast!

Perfek

And there more - ITV4 cars of the future and The Goodwood Revival to come