News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

2016 New Year CHAT & BLAT!

Started by Facial Hair Optional, 30, December, 2015, 12:47:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facial Hair Optional

I have no idea if this will work but what the heck, nothing ventured etc etc....

Following on from the meet up and drive (which from this day forth I shall refer to as a 'Chat & Blat'!! Catchy eh? ;D ) which Ed, Gary, Dave and myself did today (Tuesday 29th December 2015) it was proposed that 'we should do this sort of thing more often' so here goes....

I think it would be fun for as many of us as possible to get together early(ish) in the New Year for a gathering. At this point there is no firm meeting point, date set, or route, this post is exploratory to gauge the interest and possible dates and times of the event should it happen.

If you are up for joining in the fun then please just add your name and put a 'yes' against the dates and times you can make and a 'no' against those you cannot.

Nothing is set in stone, the final date and time will depend on the most popular dates chosen and of course on the dreaded weather. The actual date, time and location will most likely be announced at short notice due to not knowing the weather until very near the date and what with it being January it may be a bit hit and miss but it's worth having a go at it I think.

Please assume a.m. to mean a meet up time of between 8am and 10am and p.m. to mean a meet up time of midday to 1pm. This will allow enough daylight time in January for us to actually drive somewhere before it gets dark.

I have assumed dates to be weekends only as I am sure many people will not be able to make a midweek daytime meet once work begins again?

I have never done this before so please feel free to chip in your two-penneth worth with ideas, suggestions or to point out my mistakes!  :D

Sunday the 10th is the ADC in Queen Square so I have assumed that many will want to attend the 1st one of the New Year if the weather is decent. There is nothing to stop us having our own little 'chat & blat' straight after if we so desire, maybe leaving at an agreed time?

Please note; this is PURELY exploratory!! It may or may not happen depending if we get any real interest!!

Important......
Feel free to add, remove or change your status at any point to keep this up to date, then re-post the updated list and try to keep it all lined up as best you can  ???  (copy and paste the grid and use the 'preview' button before you post it!! If you are not sure how to do it, give me your yes and no dates and I will do it for you)

January weekend dates;       Sat 9th    Sun 10th    Sat 16th    Sun 17th    Sat 23rd    Sun 24th    Sat 30th    Sun 31st

FHO....                      a.m.      Yes        No (ADC)      Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes          Yes
                                p.m.      Yes           Yes           Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes          Yes

NAME....

If any of the moderators or anyone else knows how to set up a grid tick box system on this forum please tell me! It is possible on Pistonheads but the way they do it I can't get to work on here.

Also, if any of these dates clashes with anything already arranged or any other club business please let me know so I can block off those dates as no good.

If it ends up with me organising the meeting point and/or route it will most likely be East of Bristol purely as this is the area I know best. If anyone else feels like taking that job on in another area that they know well, please let me know and maybe we can work out an even better venue and/or route.

At the end of the day it needs to be simple like today's little trip was, meet up, chat about our cars/wives/work/whatever, then have a blat and meet up again at the next agreed place preferably with some hot drinks and/or food and carry on!!  ;D

Kit car ownership is fantastic but one thing I have come to realise is that no matter how wonderful your car is, go out in it alone all the time and the novelty soons wears thin. This is a club, a communtiy of like minded people, if we don't get together and use our cars they end up in the garage 90% of the year - is that why you built it or bought one to leave it in the garage? If we don't get together with our cars it is only a matter of time before you end up selling it!

We had a meeting of 4 great BCKK guys today and the forum has had a huge flurry of activity as a result, this is what one little chat & blat can do!!

So, who wants to be a part of the next one in January?? ?? ??

Just put your name down on the list guys and gals and join in!!!!!

PS if January turns out to be the worst weather on record then we will just do this again in February, March, April until we make it work!!  ;D ;D ;D

Crunchie Gears

FHO brilliant  :P :P

I am a member of a couple of other car clubs that organise chat and blast or events.  If I can give you some advice from them and also how Colin organised his Trackdays.

1. Put a thread up for each day and the time you want to do.
2. Encourage others to do the same.
3. Start a list and get members to copy the list in each reply going forward.
4. These events will work and become successful I am sure but then the challenge is how to get 10 or 20 cars on the same route.  Time to look at Tyre and TomTom itinerary routes.  It also opens up new routes to others.

I have booked to go to the Avenue Driver's on 10 Jan.
I cannot do the following 3 weekends.  The interesting thing is that 2 of those weekends are the BBQ I posted on here and a visit to Morgan factory organised on TalkMorgan forum and has about 100 people going so far.  There is a demand for "Chat and Blatt"

Well done mate, appreciated :-*

Lucky Ed

January weekend dates;       Sat 9th    Sun 10th    Sat 16th    Sun 17th    Sat 23rd    Sun 24th    Sat 30th    Sun 31st

FHO....                      a.m.      Yes        No (ADC)      Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes          Yes
                                p.m.      Yes           Yes           Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes          Yes

Lucky Ed                   am           No           No             No            No            Yes           Yes           Yes           Yes
                               pm           No           No             No            No            Yes           Yes           Yes           Yes

Moleman

Nice one mate.  8)  January is pretty much out for me but there are possibilities that things could get cancelled & I might be able to go so I'm one of those annoying maybe answers I'm afraid.  :)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Moleman on 30, December, 2015, 11:45:29 AM
Nice one mate.  8)  January is pretty much out for me but there are possibilities that things could get cancelled & I might be able to go so I'm one of those annoying maybe answers I'm afraid.  :)

That's ok Colin, feel free to add your name etc anytime things change mate, it would be great if you could come along Squadron Leader Moleman Sir!!  :-* (won't be quite the same without you mate is what I'm trying to clumsily say!)

Facial Hair Optional

Ed - well done mate, 1st name on the list, top job as always with you!

Crunchie - thanks for the advice and encouragement, much obliged.

I know this type of system works very well in the Summer months, the biggest hurdle at this time of year for us kit guys will be the weather but if we can't get this off the ground in January we wll defo get it done as the weather improves - I guarantee it!!!  :)

Facial Hair Optional

Ok, so far we have .......

Lucky Ed....               a.m.       No            No             No             No             Yes           Yes            Yes          Yes
                                p.m.       No            No             No             No             Yes           Yes            Yes          Yes

Who's next?....

Chaz

Lucky Ed                   am           No           No             No            No            Yes           Yes           Yes           Yes
                               pm           No           No             No            No            Yes           Yes           Yes           Yes

Chaz                         am           No           No             Yes           Yes            No           No           No             No
                               pm           No           No             Yes            Yes            No           No           No             No

Sadly my job involves working half the weekends of the year and the missus books me for the remaining, normally at short notice. Generally, those weekends I've said no on I have the preceding Thursday and Friday off, just so you know.

Chaz

Facial Hair Optional

Thank you Chaz!!

We now have the ball rolling so at least people get the idea of how this may (hopefully!) work.

The general idea is that the date(s) that most people say they can make are the ones we will aim to have a chat&blat on. The weather may not play ball of course but we can but try and it this turns out to be a dry( ;D!!! ;D) run then we can always try again in a month with better weather.

Anyone else know their availability for January weekends yet???   :)

So far we have..............

FHO....                      am        Yes        No (ADC)      Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes          Yes
                                pm        Yes           Yes           Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes          Yes

Lucky Ed....               am         No           No             No             No             Yes            Yes            Yes           Yes
                                pm         No           No             No             No             Yes            Yes            Yes          Yes

Chaz....                     am         No           No            Yes            Yes             No             No             No            No
                                pm         No           No            Yes            Yes             No             No             No            No

NE1 else?....

sanzomat

Can't commit to any January dates as the car may take a while to get back together. I managed to pull something in my back on Christmas eve, ridiculously not whilst I was actually doing anything to the car, having spent several hours crawling under and leaning over I twinged whilst changing out of my dirty jeans! I've also come down with a nasty cold. As such I'm a few days behind programme and that'll translate into weeks when back at work.

Maybe Feb!

Facial Hair Optional

Ok Dave, on that note I will state that we have you, Damo and Ian off the road at the moment I think. You are all excused.... for now!!!!  :P :P

Facial Hair Optional

You will note that I spell blat with only one 't', here's why.... read down the page!!

It puts a whole new slant on things doesn't it!!!!  :o :o :o

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=BLATT

Gary RH7

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 30, December, 2015, 06:51:36 PM
Ok Dave, on that note I will state that we have you, Damo and Ian off the road at the moment I think. You are all excused.... for now!!!!  :P :P

Mine is also off the road at the moment sorting out the radiator but should not take to long. Think I have a alternator problem as well now :'(

Facial Hair Optional

I recall you saying that you had concerns about that at the last blat Gary. There is plenty online about how to test it and what the voltmeter should read etc. I had trouble with mine a while back, turned out a wire inside the rear plastic cover had come loose, easy fix that time! It's been fine ever since, touch wood!

Best test your battery as well though just in case!

Brandy Barrel

This sounds great, unfortunately still trying to get car going.
Just a note; the Autosport international show at the NEC is on during the weekend of the 16th.
So I can't commit to anything as yet, until the Westy is running reliably.

Facial Hair Optional

The weather for January for the next week isn't looking good. Let's hope it improves soon or this will be a damp squib  :P

If weather stops play (which let's face it is quite likely in January) I will re-post the idea again for February.

If anyone else has any free time on these dates please put your name and your 'yes' or 'no' in the appropriate places.

Facial Hair Optional

How it looks so far.....

FHO....                      am         No        No (ADC)      Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes          Yes
                                pm         No           Yes           Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes          Yes

Lucky Ed....               am         No           No             No             No             Yes            Yes            Yes          Yes
                                pm         No           No             No             No             Yes            Yes            Yes          Yes

Chaz....                     am         No           No            Yes            Yes             No             No             No            No
                                pm         No           No            Yes            Yes             No             No             No            No

NE1 else?....

Gary RH7

Gaffer/admin, is there any way we can get this on the front page so we can easily see when an impromptu meet comes up? Just thinking if it drops off the last ten posts someone will miss a chance for a good get together.

Also guys if we can avoid deviation (not mentioning anyone in particular) it will avoid clogging up what we are trying to achieve which would be a spur of the moment blat taking advantage of the weather and enjoying our cars. 

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Gary RH7 on 03, January, 2016, 12:30:41 AM
Gaffer/admin, is there any way we can get this on the front page so we can easily see when an impromptu meet comes up? Just thinking if it drops off the last ten posts someone will miss a chance for a good get together.

Also guys if we can avoid deviation (not mentioning anyone in particular) it will avoid clogging up what we are trying to achieve which would be a spur of the moment blat taking advantage of the weather and enjoying our cars.

Don't worry Gary I am watching it daily and make sure it goes back to the top every day or two. No deviation so far, only relevant comments as and when needed to 'bump' it to the top again. All in hand mate.

Gary RH7

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 03, January, 2016, 10:55:03 AM
Quote from: Gary RH7 on 03, January, 2016, 12:30:41 AM

Don't worry Gary I am watching it daily and make sure it goes back to the top every day or two. No deviation so far, only relevant comments as and when needed to 'bump' it to the top again. All in hand mate.

Good plan mate. (back on top again)

paintman

The Hood is all "bagged" up in the garage as is Dixie's Cobra......just waiting for the rain to stop!!

Dixie is looking into the idea of fixing a skirt and fan onto the Cob ...... 4.6cc Hover Craft, nice....... :P

Facial Hair Optional

Yeah it's looking quite wet for the foreseeable future  :(

Though Wednesday this week is looking promising, I may go for a little drive myself that day if it does indeed stay dry  :)

Facial Hair Optional

How it looks so far.....

FHO....                      am         No        No (ADC)      Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes          Yes
                                pm         No           Yes           Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes          Yes

Lucky Ed....               am         No           No             No             No             Yes            Yes            Yes          Yes

NE1 else?....

Don't forget guys this is not a concrete commitment to attend, it is purely to get an idea of how many and who may be free on certain days and then to see how the weather pans out on those days that are most popular choices, to see if we can get some miles on the clock!

It is totally flexible and you can change your mind or status for any or all days anytime you feel like. I'm not asking you to donate a kidney here people!!!!!  :o :o :o :o :o :P

Gary RH7

Still waiting for bits to complete the rad mod. Frustrating waiting for parts to be delivered >:( >:(

Will add some dates as soon as I know I will be back on the road :D

mikebishop

FHO....                      am        Yes        No (ADC)      Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes          Yes
                                pm        Yes           Yes           Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes          Yes

Lucky Ed....               am         No           No             No             No             Yes            Yes            Yes           Yes

mikebishop                am         yes          yes           yes             yes            yes             yes            yes
                                pm         yes          yes           yes             yes            yes             yes            yes

Hi,
hope everybody had a good Christmas and new year!!

i can't see anything on the calender at the moment but may change,

Great idea FHO just what me need, sorry i missed the 29th, was the only day i had to work between xmas and new year, i think i saw Ed on his way home..

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Gary RH7 on 07, January, 2016, 08:38:01 AM
Still waiting for bits to complete the rad mod. Frustrating waiting for parts to be delivered >:( >:(

Will add some dates as soon as I know I will be back on the road :D

I knew I could rely on you Gary!

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: mikebishop on 07, January, 2016, 10:31:08 AM

mikebishop                am         yes          yes           yes             yes            yes             yes            yes
                                pm         yes          yes           yes             yes            yes             yes            yes

Hi,
hope everybody had a good Christmas and new year!!

i can't see anything on the calender at the moment but may change,

Great idea FHO just what we need, sorry i missed the 29th, was the only day i had to work between xmas and new year, i think i saw Ed on his way home..

Great to see you back on here Mike and thanks for the offer of a lift to the meeting tonight, shame I was not able to come due to other prior commitments  :(

If you saw an orange blur then that would defo have been Ed!!   :o

A few of the above dates are now looking viable! All we need is some dry weather! The forecast is for a cold spell but it should be drier than of late.

Any one else ready to jump aboard the skylark????  :)

Facial Hair Optional

FHO....                      am        No        No (ADC)      Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes          Yes
                                pm        No           Yes           Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes          Yes

mikebishop....            am         Yes          Yes           Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes            ?
                                pm         Yes          Yes           Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes            ?

WHO'S NEXT??

4 guys so far with no less than FIVE dates where we have 3 out of the 4 in agreement!! Ace!!!!!   8)

Note to all; if you add your name and dates please copy and paste the very last version of the grid in the topic thread to ensure continuity of previous peoples answers as the individuals answers (yes or no) can change as time goes on and copying and pasting an earlier version may mean it is not accurate and 'current' - Cheers  :)

This system looks very promising for using in the Spring and Summer of 2016 I reckon!!!!

Gary RH7

FHO....                     am              No        No (ADC)          Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes           Yes
                                pm              No           Yes               Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes           Yes

Lucky Ed....              am              No              No              No              No             Yes            Yes            Yes          Yes
                                pm              No              No              No              No             Yes            Yes            Yes          Yes

Chaz....                    am              No              No             Yes             Yes             No             No             No            No
                                pm              No              No             Yes             Yes             No             No             No            No

mikebishop....          am             Yes             Yes             Yes             Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes            ?
                                pm             Yes             Yes             Yes             Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes            ?

Gary RH7...-             am              No               ?                No              No              No             No             No            No
                                Pm              No               ?               Yes             Yes            Yes             No             No           Yes

Sorry mate I just had to straighten it out :P

Put some Yes/No in but subject to change...of course.

16th and 17 is looking good weather wise  :-X :-X :-X

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Gary RH7 on 08, January, 2016, 10:35:46 AM

FHO....                     am              No        No (ADC)          Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes           Yes
                                pm              No           Yes               Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes           Yes

Lucky Ed....              am              No              No              No              No             Yes            Yes            Yes          Yes
                                pm              No              No              No              No             Yes            Yes            Yes          Yes

Chaz....                    am              No              No             Yes             Yes             No             No             No            No
                                pm              No              No             Yes             Yes             No             No             No            No

mikebishop....          am             Yes             Yes             Yes             Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes            ?
                                pm             Yes             Yes             Yes             Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes            ?

Gary RH7...-             am              No               ?                No              No              No             No             No            No
                                Pm              No               ?               Yes             Yes            Yes             No             No           Yes

Sorry mate I just had to straighten it out :P

Put some Yes/No in but subject to change...of course.

16th and 17 is looking good weather wise  :-X :-X :-X

Shudda gone to Specsavers!!!! It's gone all wonky!!!!!!!!!!  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Cheers for adding yourself in though Gary, it's starting to look decent now!!!  8)

Facial Hair Optional

Here is the non-wonky version. Well as non-wonky as it is possible to do with this system!!  ;D ;D ;D

January weekend dates;        Sat 9th    Sun 10th    Sat 16th    Sun 17th    Sat 23rd    Sun 24th    Sat 30th    Sun 31st

Lucky Ed....               am         No            No             No             No             Yes           Yes            Yes           Yes
                                pm         No            No             No            No             Yes            Yes           Yes           Yes

Chaz....                     am         No            No            Yes            Yes            No             No             No            No
                                pm         No            No            Yes            Yes            No             No             No            No

mikebishop....            am         Yes          Yes           Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes            ?
                                pm         Yes          Yes           Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes            ?

Gary RH7....              am          No            ?              No             No             No             No             No            No
                               pm          No            ?              Yes            Yes            Yes            No             No           Yes

ANYONE ELSE?? ?? ??

Gary RH7

Something you are doing wrong mate.
Copy my version and paste it

Facial Hair Optional

I have Gary, it is 100% in line and fine on my laptop, must be cos we have different screen sizes I'm guessing??

Yours is all over the place on my screen!!! I'll leave it the way I do it for now as I have to adjust and monitor it mate.

Question - is anyone else seeing the same line up problem Gary is seeing cos no one has said so yet??

My version is all pretty much lined up on my screen and Gary's is all out of alignment on mine but ok on his screen. Can anyone else please either post or PM me to tell me which version they are seeing lined up most accurately please? It will never be 100% but let me know which is the closest please guys.

Facial Hair Optional

I think it may even be your screen Gary as all the other guys copied and pasted my version (I think) and it must have come out ok or I guess they would have changed it like you did?

This is the latest version, please leave it as is until we get feedback on the problem and see what the cause is. Anyone else please just copy and paste this version so I can see if you are having the same issue Gary is seeing. If so then we can try and fix it but I suspect it depends on what type of screen size each of us has.

Those guys already on the list please PM me or post and tell me how the one below looks to you. Bear in mind it will never line up 100% but it should be roughly in line, whereas Gary's is quite a way out on my laptop.

What screen are you on Gary??

Latest list..............

January weekend dates;        Sat 9th    Sun 10th    Sat 16th    Sun 17th    Sat 23rd    Sun 24th    Sat 30th    Sun 31st

Lucky Ed....               am         No            No             No             No             Yes           Yes            Yes           Yes
                                pm         No            No             No            No             Yes            Yes           Yes           Yes

Chaz....                     am         No            No            Yes            Yes            No             No             No            No
                                pm         No            No            Yes            Yes            No             No             No            No

Gary RH7....              am          No            ?              No             No             No             No             No            No
                               pm          No            ?              Yes            Yes            Yes            No             No           Yes

ANYONE ELSE?? ?? ??

Cheers for your input Gary, if you had not spoken up I would not have known about this issue - much obliged dude  :)

Gary RH7

Ouch!
Just checked it on my desktop and mine is a mess :'( :'( :'( :'(

I did spend hours today trying to import a word doc and spreadsheet but couldn't >:( >:(

I just blame Bill Gates

benchmark51

It's looking the same on my 22 inch windows screen as it does on my 10 inch tab and 4.7 inch phone on android

How about using a smaller font?

benchmark51

ANYONE ELSE?? ?? ??

Nah, didn't work didit

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 08, January, 2016, 10:56:18 PM

ANYONE ELSE?? ?? ??

Nah, didn't work didit

See that has come out all lined up nicely on my laptop! You say it's the same on both your screens Dave but you didn't say if it's good or bad! Or which one is good or bad, mine or Gary's?

Does this mean I will have to set up my old desktop just to get to the bottom of this??

It could even be subject to which web browser you are using an it's default font? I'm on a 15 inch lappy with Firefox and it's all tickety boo.

Is there anyone in the club who can do proper formatting to sort out a nice grid we could use please???

Facial Hair Optional

I have a solution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You all go down to PC World and buy the exact same laptop that I have - simples!!  ;D ;D ;D

fullpint

What with work, family and the weather I cant commit to any thing in advance :( Take it week by week at the mo.. Good idea tho..