News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

2016 New Year CHAT & BLAT!

Started by Facial Hair Optional, 30, December, 2015, 12:47:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: fullpint on 09, January, 2016, 09:16:10 AM
What with work, family and the weather I cant commit to any thing in advance :( Take it week by week at the mo.. Good idea tho..

That's cool Steve, you can always add your name at any time for any day and time. If and when an event happens it will be announced on the forum and everyone will be welcome whether their name is down or not, the more the merrier.

The purpose here is to TRY and find dates and times that optimise attendance, once an event is planned I am quietly confident more than just those on the list will turn up for the chat and blat!  :)

Facial Hair Optional

Latest list..............

January and early February weekend dates;

Sat 16th    Sun 17th    Sat 23rd    Sun 24th    Sat 30th    Sun 31st    Sat 6th    Sun 7th

FHO....                      am         Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes           Yes           Yes          Yes
                                pm         Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes           Yes           Yes          Yes

Lucky Ed....               am          No             No             Yes           Yes            Yes           Yes              ?             ?
                                pm          No             No             Yes           Yes            Yes           Yes             ?             ?

Chaz....                     am         Yes            Yes            No             No             No            No              ?              ?
                                pm         Yes            Yes            No             No             No            No              ?              ?

mikebishop....            am         Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes            ?               ?              ?
                                pm         Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes            ?               ?             ?

Gary RH7....              am          No             No             No             No             No            No               ?             ?
                                pm         Yes            Yes            Yes            No             No           Yes              ?             ?

I have now removed the expired 1st January weekend and added on the 1st weekend in February. Would those names entered so far please add a Yes or No if and when you are able to please.

As it stands next weekend of the 16th and 17th is looking half promising with cold but drier weather on the way!

Anyone else interested please copy and paste the grid above and enter your name at the bottom along with your Yes's and No's. Apologies if the grid does not seem to line up properly, it seems to be dependent on the size/type of screen you are using. On my screen it lines up well but apparently on some others it's a bit wonky! We will just have to muddle through as best we can for now.

Gary RH7

Sat 16th    Sun 17th    Sat 23rd    Sun 24th    Sat 30th    Sun 31st    Sat 6th    Sun 7th

FHO....                      am         Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes           Yes           Yes          Yes
                                pm         Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes           Yes           Yes          Yes

Lucky Ed....               am          No             No             Yes           Yes            Yes           Yes              ?             ?
                                pm          No             No             Yes           Yes            Yes           Yes             ?             ?

Chaz....                     am         Yes            Yes            No             No             No            No              ?              ?
                                pm         Yes            Yes            No             No             No            No              ?              ?

mikebishop....            am         Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes            ?               ?              ?
                                pm         Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes            Yes            ?               ?             ?

Gary RH7....              am          No             No             No             No             No            No               No            No
                                pm         No            Yes            Yes            No             No           Yes              Yes            Yes

Car is still in bits and waiting bits. Rimmer Bros have 15% sale on at the moment so I will probably get an oil cooler kit and fit it while the car is in bits.

Moleman

I'm still waiting for a dry day this year.  ::) :D

sanzomat

I definitely picked a good spell to take the car off the road!

Facial Hair Optional

Thank you for updating Gary. It came out pretty well all lined up that time too!!  :P

Gary RH7....              am          No             No             No             No             No            No              No           No
                                pm         Yes            Yes            Yes            No             No           Yes             Yes          Yes

I have now removed the expired 1st January weekend and added on the 1st weekend in February. Would those names entered so far please add a Yes or No if and when you are able to please.

As it stands next weekend of the 16th and 17th is looking half promising with cold but drier weather on the way!

Anyone else interested please copy and paste the grid above and enter your name at the bottom along with your Yes's and No's. Apologies if the grid does not seem to line up properly, it seems to be dependent on the size/type of screen you are using. On my screen it lines up well but apparently on some others it's a bit wonky! We will just have to muddle through as best we can for now.

Facial Hair Optional

This weekend is looking quite promising though it is going to be pretty damned cold by the look of it!

Can you guys currently on the list please re-check your 'yes' and 'no' choices just to be sure they are up to date? Thanks

How do you each feel about it being dry but very cold, still keen or would you rather wait for the weather to warm up a tad?? Out in the sticks I guess it could even be potentially icy?

Any thoughts or comments?  :)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: sanzomat on 11, January, 2016, 06:42:36 PM
I definitely picked a good spell to take the car off the road!

Yep you sure did Dave, it's been pretty rubbish lately and now it's looking dry it's also freezing!!!  :(

benchmark51

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 13, January, 2016, 05:37:51 PM
This weekend is looking quite promising though it is going to be pretty damned cold by the look of it!

Can you guys currently on the list please re-check your 'yes' and 'no' choices just to be sure they are up to date? Thanks

How do you each feel about it being dry but very cold, still keen or would you rather wait for the weather to warm up a tad?? Out in the sticks I guess it could even be potentailly icy?

Any thoughts or comments?  :)
Well, so long as it's dry. I don't think I will be cold, lol.

Gary RH7

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 11, January, 2016, 06:49:29 PM
Thank you for updating Gary. It came out pretty well all lined up that time too!!  :P

Still wonky on my HP Pavilion but never mind as long as you are happy. I did amend this weekend to NO AM and PM but it seems to be back as it was before. The car is still in bits waiting the oil cooler and bits and pieces. So if you go enjoy ;D

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Gary RH7 on 14, January, 2016, 08:19:06 AM
Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 11, January, 2016, 06:49:29 PM

Still wonky on my HP Pavilion but never mind as long as you are happy. I did amend this weekend to NO AM and PM but it seems to be back as it was before. The car is still in bits waiting the oil cooler and bits and pieces. So if you go enjoy ;D

Yes looking back I can see you did indeed change the Saturday to no/no but not the Sunday. I shall amend forthwith old boy! (apologies, not sure how that happened!!) Did you want the Sunday as no/no also mate?

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 13, January, 2016, 06:32:07 PM

Well, so long as it's dry. I don't think I will be cold, lol.

Should I deduce from this that you will be coming Dave?  :)

Facial Hair Optional

Gary RH7....              am          No             No             No             No             No            No              No           No
                                pm         No             No             Yes            No             No           Yes             Yes          Yes

Anyone else??

This is actually looking quite promising if not for now then for the near future. We have a fair few people off the road that I am confident would be attendees if all up and running. Ian, Damo, Gary, Steve Fullpint, Dave Benchmark, Colin, Dave sanzomat, Paul crunchie, Brandy Barrel, myself, Lucky Ed, Mike Bishop, Chaz, Tony paintman, and Dixie and all looking like possible/probable as and when car repairs, work etc fall into place.

That's 16! Not bad and I'm sure with some nice weather later in the year this will get off the ground nicley and we may even have 20 plus turn up for this type of event.

It may be a slow burner but all good things are worth the wait I say!  8)

Sorry about the wonkiness Gary!! It's still ok my end and I have not had any feedback from others yet about this issue so I don't know if it's just me, just you or everyone seeing it wonky (or straight)!!!

mikebishop

I'm up for this weekend (Saturday preferably), maybe a run up to kemble airfield    to get a hot cup of tea? :D

Gary RH7

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 14, January, 2016, 01:56:46 PM
Sorry about the wonkiness Gary!! It's still ok my end and I have not had any feedback from others yet about this issue so I don't know if it's just me, just you or everyone seeing it wonky (or straight)!!!

I use Firefox and I have just taken the page up to 110%...All in line now :o Would you believe it 8) 8)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Gary RH7 on 14, January, 2016, 03:35:45 PM
Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 14, January, 2016, 01:56:46 PM

I use Firefox and I have just taken the page up to 110%...All in line now :o Would you believe it 8) 8)

Stone the flippin' crows!!! Typical! Good news though. Hopefully it doesn't mean all your other web pages are all over the shop, ha ha ha!!!

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: mikebishop on 14, January, 2016, 03:00:04 PM
I'm up for this weekend (Saturday preferably), maybe a run up to kemble airfield    to get a hot cup of tea? :D

Do you know the way Mike? Saturday is looking dry and even a bit sunny!!  :o

The morning will be very cold though with the afternoon a blistering 4 degrees so we will need a hot cuppa by the time we arrive I would think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought my ex a plug-in heated seat cover from Lidl as one of her Xmas gifts, I think I may be borrowing that back!! Purely in the interests of a field test of course  ;)

As it stands there are 3 of us that could make it according to the chart. I will PM Chaz and see if he is still ok to go.

Anyone else fancy a drive to Kemble this Saturday in glorious dry sunshine??!!??  ;D

damouk

Wow you are brave Steve, I'm not sure what the asbo is like but anything below 10 degC in the v storm isn't pleasant. Even with salopettes jumper coat and helmet I can't think 4 would that great, it's not your body that gets cold.

Moleman

Sorry mate I cant make it this weekend.  :)

benchmark51

I can make it I think. Where are y'all meeting up?

mikebishop

Hi guys, yeah I know the way,

Meet at the cross hands in old sodbury 08:00 - 09:00, what do people think?

Looking forward to actually using the car!!!

Steve you taking the asbo?

Lucky Ed

Good to hear you're still about Mike, we thought you'd left the country :o ;)

mikebishop

No still here Ed, have seen you for a while hope your well..

Just eager now to drive the car with out getting f*** wet......

How is the car??"

You up for a run on Saturday?

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: damouk on 14, January, 2016, 05:49:39 PM
Wow you are brave Steve, I'm not sure what the asbo is like but anything below 10 degC in the v storm isn't pleasant. Even with salopettes jumper coat and helmet I can't think 4 would that great, it's not your body that gets cold.

That's why I won't be taking the ASBO Damo!! I'll be in my nice snug Tiger - if she will start that is! The only parts at risk of frost bite will be my damaged right shoulder and my face! My legs will be snug as a bug mate, they get very warm in the Tig. The beard should help my fizzog a bit I hope  ;D

I am wondering if we will have any ice on the roads though  :o :o :o

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 14, January, 2016, 07:34:21 PM
I can make it I think. Where are y'all meeting up?

Not been decided yet Dave but if we are off to Kemble than I reckon the Cross Hands at Old Sodbury would be ideal?? For me, you and Mike that is easy enough but I'm not exactly sure where Chaz is coming from. East of the region I think, maybe Swindon area? I will post tomorrow as soon as I hear back from him.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: mikebishop on 14, January, 2016, 08:04:07 PM
Hi guys, yeah I know the way,

Meet at the cross hands in old sodbury 08:00 - 09:00, what do people think?

Looking forward to actually using the car!!!

Steve you taking the asbo?

I'll be in the Tiger Mike. I think Chaz has a way to come so maybe 8.00 or even 9.00 is a bit early? I will find out. Also that will defo be a very cold start to that day. Having said that it will only be 3 degrees in the afternoon!  :o

Watch this space tomorrow guys!!

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Lucky Ed on 14, January, 2016, 08:29:37 PM
Good to hear you're still about Mike, we thought you'd left the country :o ;)

His passport was confiscated at the border as he tried to leave Yate and Sodbury Ed!!

Facial Hair Optional

Have PM'd Chaz to see if he can still make it and what time he can get to the Cross Hands. He is a new guy and I don't think any of us have met him yet so it'll be great if he can attend. I think he has a bit further to come than us guys though.

Will update tomorrow so keep an eye on this topic you guys.

Here is the weather... http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2633406?day=1

Very cold 1st thing Mike but if you are brave enough them so am I!!! Don't those little sun icons at 11am and 12pm look tempting though  ;D ;D ;D

Is there a nice chuck wagon at Kemble then Mike? We are going to need it mate!!

mikebishop

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 14, January, 2016, 11:09:02 PM
Have PM'd Chaz to see if he can still make it and what time he can get to the Cross Hands. He is a new guy and I don't think any of us have met him yet so it'll be great if he can attend. I think he has a bit further to come than us guys though.

Will update tomorrow so keep an eye on this topic you guys.

Here is the weather... http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2633406?day=1

Very cold 1st thing Mike but if you are brave enough them so am I!!! Don't those little sun icons at 11am and 12pm look tempting though  ;D ;D ;D

Is there a nice chuck wagon at Kemble then Mike? We are going to need it mate!!

http://www.av8-cotswoldairport.co.uk/

its a cafe, so we can warm up inside!! ;D ;D

what about 10.00 to meet then?

benchmark51

That looks perfick! Do we have to wear a tie? ;D ;D

Facial Hair Optional

That does look great!! Dave and Mike, I have just PM'd you.

Facial Hair Optional

Ok guys you are now all up to date via PM's. Let me know what you decide please.

Atm it is looking like being literally freezing tomorrow morning. The afternoon today was quite pleasant so maybe it'll be the same tomorrow?

mikebishop

Hi, I'm up for waiting for you and running later..

Let me know.

Facial Hair Optional

Sub zero temperatures and other issues have stopped play on this one for Saturday morning but there may still be 2 or 3 of us getting together for a little run in the afternoon if the roads are ice free by then.

I will update the post tomorrow if it happens.

Gary RH7

Looks like nothing happened?  ???

I was trying hard to get mine finished yesterday but had to get an oil filled radiator out of the garage rafters and hurt my shoulder. A few tablets Voltorol and 1/3 ltr whisky stopped the pain.
Managed to complete the oil cooler mod today and get the car running again. More on the heating problem on the other post.

Upshot is I am OK for next weekend in between the Go Inspire work and possibly tomorrow afternoon for a short test drive. Chippenham to Kemble would be a good run for a test.

benchmark51

I went out for a little poottle about, just local though. Wanted to test the heater in the cold weather.

'The Gaffer'

FHO. Do you have option to create a poll? See buttons along top of post, let me know.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: benchmark51 on 16, January, 2016, 08:15:38 PM
I went out for a little poottle about, just local though. Wanted to test the heater in the cold weather.

Did it work?

benchmark51

Oh yes, it has a fair old output for such a small unit. Only using 2 (of the 5) outlets at the moment aimed at the knees. Will route 2 upper outlets to the outside of the seats and the upper centre outlet to the screen but thats for later.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Gary RH7 on 16, January, 2016, 07:03:06 PM
Looks like nothing happened?  ???

I was trying hard to get mine finished yesterday but had to get an oil filled radiator out of the garage rafters and hurt my shoulder. A few tablets Voltorol and 1/3 ltr whisky stopped the pain.
Managed to complete the oil cooler mod today and get the car running again. More on the heating problem on the other post.

Upshot is I am OK for next weekend in between the Go Inspire work and possibly tomorrow afternoon for a short test drive. Chippenham to Kemble would be a good run for a test.

A lot happened Gary - just not what we wanted!! Mike Bishop and Mrs B got out in the afternoon, Dave Benchmark got out for a little while to test his heater and I got lumbered with having to move car storage at short notice! As it turned out it was bitterly cold once on the move according to Mike. It is looking like this idea will be a go-er in the better weather though.