+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

donor zetec

Started by chris61, 14, July, 2014, 08:50:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris61

Mate of mine has a 1.8 zetec focus estate with 6months t&t that he wants £300 for. Has a fault with a mass airflow meter. 15" alloys aircon etc. Would make very cheap donor and it can be delivered locally.
Sometimes it behaves, other times it won't allow you to pull away.so cheap fix for a run around or slap carbs on for you kit! If no interest by the end of the week I think it's getting broken

Moleman

Well we have had a lot of engine failures lately so you might get some interest.  :)

Iancider

Paintman,

Here's a bargain for you in your moment of need.  Get it repaired while still whole and use professionals with the diagnostics to find the fault - lets estimate that will cost £180.  Strip the car and fit the Zetec as is with the ford ECU and using the ECU loom from the donor.  Cheap as chips solution...about 130bhp I think.  Sell the left-overs for more than the purchase price.  It could be 200bhp/tonne for nothing other than your time.  The gearbox alone would probably sell for £150 - £300.

Regards
Ian

chris61

Quote from: Iancider on 14, July, 2014, 10:41:39 PM
Paintman,

Here's a bargain for you in your moment of need.  Get it repaired while still whole and use professionals with the diagnostics to find the fault - lets estimate that will cost £180.  Strip the car and fit the Zetec as is with the ford ECU and using the ECU loom from the donor.  Cheap as chips solution...about 130bhp I think.  Sell the left-overs for more than the purchase price.  It could be 200bhp/tonne for nothing other than your time.  The gearbox alone would probably sell for £150 - £300.

Regards
Ian

That's why I chucked it up here 8)

paintman

Cheers Chris, makes a lot of sense I must say, unfortunately they've started stripping the Hood's engine so a bit late for me I think. ::)

Thanks anyway to both of you.   Tony