News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Zetec Under-Piston Cooling Jets

Started by Chlorate, 23, February, 2015, 02:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chlorate

I'm trying to get my hands on a set (or two) of piston-cooling oil jets as fitted to 2.0l and some 1.8l Zetec engines.

The engine I'm cobbling together has a standard block and bottom end but the cylinder head, cams, and ECU out of a Formula Ford engine - so pushing 130 HP or so...

Seems that it would be a good idea to upgrade my block whilst I can but these parts seem elusive.

I called my local Ford stealership and found out that the part number is 1111835 and they cost £17.09 each brand new  >:(

The obvious solution would be to look for some used parts but alas all I find are posts on forums of people looking for them but nowhere that specifically sells them.

Would anyone here be able to help?

Alex

Lucky Ed

Hi Alex, Is this what you're looking for? If so you're welcome to have them if you want to come and get them out, as I haven't got a small torx socket that will fit. They are in a 2.0 block that got very, very hot last year, so I've just pulled it off my scrap heap. I've also got quite a few other 2.0 Zetec bits that might be of interest to you.

If they are of any use to you I'll PM you my details 8)

Chlorate

Thanks Lucky Ed, that's exactly what I'm after, and I have a set of E Torx sockets that'll get those bolts out lovely. Where are you based? PM me and we'll sort it out

'The Gaffer'

Result. What a great club and the bkcc is 8)

Chlorate

Was great to meet you Ed, that makes 4 engines mine is cobbled together from.
:D