Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Drag Racing - October 16th and 17th - Shakespeare County Raceway

Started by dave_bence, 12, October, 2010, 02:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

dave_bence

There's another Run What Ya Brung weekend on the 16th and 17th of October.

Krazy Ken and I will be going on one of the days, preferably Saturday, but it all depends on the weather. The track is treated to give superb grip in the dry, but it's very slippery when wet. They do have a jet-engined track drier though!

We went there back in July and had a brilliant day.

£12 general admission, plus £20 to take your car down the strip as many times as you like. Bargain!

More details here: http://www.shakespearecountyraceway.com/eventdetails.asp?event=63

Anyone else  fancy a go?

There's another RWYB weekend there on the 30th and 31st October, but I can't make it that weekend

'The Gaffer'

mr tone

Yes i will be going so please look out for me there with a few Westfields,be good to get together Tony

'The Gaffer'

Met up with Dave Bence, Mr Tone and a few of the Westfield club guys and everything looked very promising for the day. That was until I somehow twisted awkwardly putting my back out >:(

Managed to see the day through but am now in agony :(

The day itself was plagued by rain, even though the forecast was for good weather it was 5 hours before we managed to get one run up the strip, then guess what... it rained again!!

At that point they decided to close the strip so that was that.

I did really enjoy my first ever and one and only run against Dave Bence - even though he did beat me by just 0.337 of a second. Roll on the next time Dave ;) I would really like to make a weekend event of it next summer.

Dave Bence' and my car. (Looking a bit pink??)

The queue for the strip

Here comes the rain - you can see it falling from the clouds.

dave_bence

As Phil says, it was a rather disapointing day - we were beaten by the weather :(

The frustrating thing was that even a small shower that would have made no difference on a normal tarmac race circuit was enough to stop the drag racing immediately. The rain just sits on top of the glued drag strip and has to be swept off and then dried by the jet drier.

At least we got one run in, which I enjoyed. Phil got a great start and the Riot leapt off the line and was still ahead of me at the halfway (eighth of a mile) stage. Despite having slicks and a Torsen diff on the Onyx, I got too much wheelspin off the start line. Luckily, my better power to weight ratio allowed me to creep past just before the finish line. A close one!

I'll be back next year - let's hope for a dry day or two ;D

Hope your back gets better soon Phil.

Daley Down Under

Shame about the weather and Phil's back. 

Get better soon Phil