+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

News from Castle Combe Circuit – December 2010

Started by 'The Gaffer', 08, December, 2010, 12:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

Emailed update from Castle Combe DEC 2010.

With the ground white with snow and frost, the trees covered in ice, we look out on a perfect winter scene at an appropriate time to wish all our customers, whether you have come to race, ride, cycle, drive, watch or participate a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year.

As you would imagine, not an awful lot going on at this time of year, but nevertheless the circuit maintenance team and outside contractors don't have much let-up. 

CIRCUIT IMPROVEMENTS
Work has now started on an extension to Race Control, whilst providing additional areas for officials on race days the extension will also provide a dedicated briefing area which will also be used as a drivers' centre on race days.  For the first time a permanent Castle Combe Racing Club Shop and improvements to the Signing On area for drivers and others who use the circuit.  In keeping with our usual policy of placing work locally, the contract for the building has been awarded to local company Haines Construction who did such a superb job building the Wiltshire College Motorsport facility 4 years ago.  Although working to a tight deadline, building work will finish in time for the opening race meeting of the 2011 season on Easter Monday, 25th April.

IMPROVED SPECTATOR FACILITIES AT QUARRY CORNER
We always enjoy customer feedback, praise is great, but constructive criticism is also welcome and following a request from a group of spectators we have now completed terracing work right around Quarry Corner to the Exit by the Emergency Gate.  This will provide additional facilities and level viewing for our disabled visitors and also increase the viewing capacity for all those fans who will testify that Quarry is one of the most exciting bends on any UK circuit.  Whilst it is of course impossible to respond to every visitor's requests, we nevertheless do take them all seriously, so please keep your feedback coming.

FIND US AT AUTOSPORTS INTERNATIONAL
It's just a few weeks' now to the UK's major motorsport industry show, Autosports International.  You will find the Castle Combe Racing Club stand in Hall 7, stand number 7240 from 13th – 16th January.  The Racing Club will be unveiling its new on-line competitor booking system and as usual there will be members of the circuit and Racing School team on hand for the 4 days to discuss our exciting 2011 race and track event programme.   

We look forward to meeting as many as our visitors, competitors or spectators as possible so do please come along to say hello.

EVER THOUGHT ABOUT TAKING UP RACING?
The Strawford Centre will be open on Sunday 30th January where we have a team of experts assembled to answer any questions you may have about taking up racing.  It's also a chance for competitors to register for the year, in case you are unable to make the NEC and discuss any technical issues with the scrutineers, book testing, track days or just meet fellow competitors.  The event runs from 10.00 to 15.00 and free light refreshments are available.  If you are a track day user, and have ever wondered what it would be like to line up on the grid and take the next step then do come along, you are very welcome and our Sprint which will run on 2nd April could be your perfect starting point as we are sponsoring a track day user class for those new to the sport.  Sprints are an ideal way of taking those first tentative steps into competitors.

CHRISTMAS GIFTS STILL AVAILABLE
We can't close this newsletter without a quick plug for the many opportunities we have as Christmas gifts.  If you are stuck for your list for Santa then why not think about a Season Ticket, a drive at the Castle Combe Racing School, or book a Track Day for either cars or motorcycles.

You will find all the details on our website www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk or if you prefer phone the circuit office on 01249 782417 between 09.00 and 17.30, Monday to Friday and talk to one of the Castle Combe Circuit team.

AND FINALLY
Once again, thanks for all your support this year and we very much look forward to welcoming you back in 2011.

FROM THE CASTLE COMBE CIRCUIT TEAM

Daley Down Under

Shame it doesn't mention anything about re-surfacing to get rid of bumps and deliver an imrpoved surface in damp/wet conditions

'The Gaffer'

I wonder if Castle Combe had a whip round from every club or track user how much they'd raise. Everyone would have a say and benefit then.

Cant be cheap to maintain that place.

Daley Down Under

Phil,

That's true but it doesn't stop the family who it (Strawfords) being loaded.  With the usage it gets (remember the hefty fee that TDOs pay) and the race entry fees and specator revenue and the sponsorship, etc the general view is 1) they can easily afford it and 2) it would really benefit the circuit.  These days more and more people are moaning about it (trackday users, racers et al) and it will need doing at some stage. 

Dont get me wrong, I love the place and I love having it on our doorstep - it's all about maintaining standards/making improvements and listening to your customers.

Adrian

'The Gaffer'

The place has always looked a bit run down to me, I've been going there on and off for years and cant say I've seen any noticable changes at all.

I wouldent mind taking a quick look at the books just to see where the money is going.