Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

CKC / Omex Llandow Track Day - Sat 14th May 2011

Started by Krazyken, 30, December, 2010, 12:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Krazyken

Complete Kit Car are running their CKC / Omex track days at Llandow again in 2011 on 14th May and 10th September.  This is the best value track day in the UK, last year the prices were £95 car & driver incl. lunch, £20 additional drivers incl. lunch and £5 for lunch for passengers, spectators etc.  I have spoken with Ian at CKC this morning and he hopes to hold the prices at this level and will confirm as soon as he can.

The question is whether you want to do the track day on Sat 14th May or Sat 10th September or both?  There will be a Discount (last year £20) to CKC Subscribers and to the BKCC if we can get 5 cars or more.  At the September day last year we had 11 so an excellent turn out.

Although the first track day is still 4 & 1/2 months away, these things need to be planned well in advance so please could you respond with your preference.

Grin-a-lot

I'm keen to do this for that sort of price and both dates would be ok (although May is closer and I get impatient)!

'The Gaffer'

I'd probably do both :) Great days out.

CKC normally do 2 dates, are these the ones thay are planning Ken?

Daley Down Under

Both for me sounds good (foreign trips dependent)

Krazyken

The dates are

Sat 14th May

Sat 10 Sept

At this stage please indicate which date your prefer or both if you intend to go to both so that I can relay the numbers to Ian Stent @ CKC Mag as an indication of BKCC representation.

Dixie

Date in May for me please.

Hope I dont regret brining the Dax.  Good job my car is fibreglass, I hear Armco is magnetic.

M

I subscribe to CKC mag so should get a discount!!  Happy days.

peetee

Hairy Santa

dead interested in both dates,

anyone have any info on these discounts as I have seen nothing in writing as yet anywhere

Dixie

Pete.

If you subscribe to CKC you get a membership card and some info in the joining pack about various discounts, this includes trackdays.

Also on the CKC  web site.

Mark

Krazyken

The situation with the discounts is that CKC Subscribers will get the track day at the discounted rate as will BKCC members providing that we can get at least 5 BKCC cars along which judging by the response so far will be no problem for both dates.

Also as the track day calenders are published by the national track day providers I will be putting together a list of track days for BKCC members.  Where possible this will either include a discounted rate or a bonus such as free instruction on the day.  This will all become part of your membership deal for £10 p.a.

Further details will be announced in due course and a full list of all Track Days, discounts and special deals for BKCC members will be put on the Forum during Feb so that those paying their £10 and joining the BKCC will enjoy those benefits.  An example is this arrangement with CKC that even non CKC Mag subscribers can benefit from £20 off per track day.  So for your £10 BKCC membership if you do both track days you will save £40 straight away.  More of this will follow in due course so keep watching the Forum.

Daley Down Under

Quote from: Krazyken on 30, December, 2010, 07:45:49 PM
The situation with the discounts is that CKC Subscribers will get the track day at the discounted rate as will BKCC members providing that we can get at least 5 BKCC cars along which judging by the response so far will be no problem for both dates.

Also as the track day calenders are published by the national track day providers I will be putting together a list of track days for BKCC members.  Where possible this will either include a discounted rate or a bonus such as free instruction on the day.  This will all become part of your membership deal for £10 p.a.

Further details will be announced in due course and a full list of all Track Days, discounts and special deals for BKCC members will be put on the Forum during Feb so that those paying their £10 and joining the BKCC will enjoy those benefits.  An example is this arrangement with CKC that even non CKC Mag subscribers can benefit from £20 off per track day.  So for your £10 BKCC membership if you do both track days you will save £40 straight away.  More of this will follow in due course so keep watching the Forum.

Ken - great job.  Sounds good - looking forward to hearing more.

Adrian

steve c

paintman

I reckon I will do the 14th May date.....never done a track day before so be gentle with me!!

My son wants to come if possible......he wants to know if its possible to use his 3.0 litre Beamer which is 300 odd bhp or must it be kit cars?

Tony

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Dixie on 30, December, 2010, 04:27:42 PM
Hope I dont regret brining the Dax.  Good job my car is fibreglass, I hear Armco is magnetic.

Quote from: paintman on 31, December, 2010, 07:07:11 PM
I reckon I will do the 14th May date.....never done a track day before so be gentle with me!!

My son wants to come if possible......he wants to know if its possible to use his 3.0 litre Beamer which is 300 odd bhp or must it be kit cars.

I'm sure you will both be absolutly fine. The opening sessions are divided into groups from novice to advanced. I was a little nervous about my first one but it turned out to be a great day leaving me wondering what I was worried about.

Tony, I expect Ken will be able to answer your question.

Krazyken

Tony

I will enquire about the beemer, I know that in September there were a few road cars to make up the numbers, at £75 incl. lunch they need a full house to break even.  Keep an eye on the forum and will post the answer as soon as I know.

Krazyken

Thanks for your responses, time for a list.

May

• Sir Grin-a-lot
    G & Riot (nee Toniq)
    Marlboro Car
    Dixie
    Peetee
    Hairy Santa
    Steve C
    Paintman
Sept

• Sir Grin-a-lot
    G & Riot (nee Toniq)
    Marlboro Car
    Krazyken
    Peetee
    Hairy Santa
    Steve C

I am unlikely to make the May date due to sponsor duties, I will almost certainly be at Japfest in the paddock with lots of scantilly clad young ladies - I'm gonna hate it!

David H

Either is fine for me too Ken.

Really enjoyed last year.

dave_bence

Krazyken

Updated list below, any more?  At this stage we are indicating numbers for CKC so that they are aware of how many spaces we are likely to take and that as a club we have sufficient numbers to qualify for the discount.

May
Sir Grin-a-lot
'The Gaffer'
Marlboro Car
Peetee
Hairy Santa
Steve C
Paintman
David H
Dave Bence
Dikkie
mr tone
RMW50
steve c + extra driver

Sept
Sir Grin-a-lot
'The Gaffer'
Marlboro Car
Krazyken
Peetee
Hairy Santa
Steve C
David H
Dave Bence
mr tone
RMW50
foggy
steve c + extra driver

dikkie

Krazyken

Thank you for all your responsesd to this post.  From your input I have relayed this to the organisers as to how many spaces we are likely to require at each event.  I will put a new post up nearer the time to notify you when you need to start booking.

During Feb I will be working on a BKCC Track Day Calender which will be posted before your membership is due on 1st March.  This will hopefully have enough variety so that at all levels there is something for everyone.

mr tone

Went to both last year and had a great time with nice people so please include me for both  Tony.
how do i pay my 10£ can i post a cheque ?

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: mr tone on 09, February, 2011, 07:47:03 PM
Went to both last year and had a great time with nice people so please include me for both  Tony.
how do i pay my 10£ can i post a cheque ?

We will organise that closer to the time Tony. In the meantime your name is added.

Dixie

Hi Ken.

Can you please remove me from the list?  I am unable to go now.

Sorry if this causes a problem.

Mark

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Dixie on 09, February, 2011, 10:08:01 PM
Hi Ken.

Can you please remove me from the list?  I am unable to go now.

Sorry if this causes a problem.

Mark

No problem. Are you frightened you might scratch your new car? ;)

RMW50

Hello,

I am interested in both dats possibly, if you can pencil me in if that is OK?

Rich

'The Gaffer'

Consider it done Rich, they are really good events :)

foggy

Working on 14th May, but OK for September, major shift change at work ,I no longer get every week end off.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: foggy on 10, February, 2011, 07:35:55 PM
Working on 14th May, but OK for September, major shift change at work ,I no longer get every week end off.

Added :)

Krazyken

Just to clarify the latest situation with the CKC/Omex track days.  Ian Stent of CKC Mag is very grateful for our support but understandably has to make the event available to all kit car clubs and CKC magazine subscribers.  As a club we will be limited to 15 places at each event initially with the possibility of a few more places if they need to make up the numbers near to the closing date. 

As soon as I get the nod from Ian that you need to start booking I will put up a new post to inform everyone, then it will be a case of first come first served with the 15 places we have been allocated.  My advice is after many years of organising such events is to book by credit card as soon as it becomes available as those who leave it to the last minute are always disappointed.

steve c

i would be up for both dates plus extra driver never done a track day before is this track  ok for newbies & how do we sign up

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: steve c on 11, February, 2011, 11:14:49 AM
i would be up for both dates plus extra driver never done a track day before is this track  ok for newbies & how do we sign up

This is a great one for newbies. At the beginning of the day everyone is split into groups from novice to advanced following a good briefing.

I would recommend it.

Will put your name down for both 8 extra driver. More details to follow nearer time.

'The Gaffer'

Updated list. Don't forget we are limited to 15 places per event.

May
1.Sir Grin-a-lot
2.'The Gaffer'
3.Marlboro Car
4.Peetee
5.Hairy Santa
6.Steve C + extra driver
7.Paintman
8.David H
9.Dave Bence
10.Dikkie + extra driver
11.mr tone
12.Westiebusa  + extra driver
13.Dixie (back in)
14.steve c + extra driver
15.mattsmev

Reserves (Pretty good chance)

Sept
1.Sir Grin-a-lot
2.'The Gaffer'
3.Marlboro Car
4.Krazyken
5.Peetee
6.Hairy Santa
7.Steve C + extra driver
8.David H
9.Dave Bence
10.mr tone
11.RMW50
12.foggy
13.steve c + extra driver
14.mattsmev

mattsmev

Hi Phil

I hope to attend both dates, and have recently emailed Ian asking to be booked on the May one.  I am not sure that he is taking bookings yet.

These are great days and well worth the money.

I hope to camp on the Friday night before the first event at the camp site nest to the circuit.  It saves an early start and makes a weekend of it.

Cheers

Mattsmev

Westiebusa

Put me down for the 14th + 1 driver please.  ;D

Adrian

dikkie

forgot to say I'd have a +1 driver if possible (for the May trip)?

Westiebusa

Quote from: mattsmev on 15, February, 2011, 04:46:07 PM
Hi Phil

I hope to attend both dates, and have recently emailed Ian asking to be booked on the May one.  I am not sure that he is taking bookings yet.

These are great days and well worth the money.

I hope to camp on the Friday night before the first event at the camp site nest to the circuit.  It saves an early start and makes a weekend of it.

Cheers

Mattsmev
Sounds a good idea to me, never been there before, so i'll contact you nearer the time to get details of camp site if that's ok?  ;D

Krazyken

I have emailed Ian Stent at CKC asking him to let me know when we need to start paying for our 15 allocatted spaces.  As soon as I have the date I will post up and let you know but after tomorrow I will be out of the country for 10 days so please bear with me.

Krazyken

GOOD NEWS!!

CKC are now taking bookings for the May event.  To book please contact Ian Stent at CKC mag quoting BKCC so that he can allocate one of our 15 places - tel. 01823 335443 or email ian@performancepublishing.co.uk  Please remember to post on here when you have booked so that we can keep track of numbers.

EDIT. Sorry to add to your post Ken, but if you email Ian at CKC, add your mobile number and if like last year, he will call you for card number for payment.

Dixie

Quote from: Krazyken on 28, February, 2011, 06:41:32 PM
GOOD NEWS!!

CKC are now taking bookings for the May event.  To book please contact Ian Stent at CKC mag quoting BKCC so that he can allocate one of our 15 places - tel. 01823 335443 or email ian@performancepublishing.co.uk  Please remember to post on here when you have booked so that we can keep track of numbers.
Ken, e-mail sent to confirm place.  When do we pay?

regards Mark