Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

CKC / Omex Llandow Track Day - Sat 14th May 2011

Started by Krazyken, 30, December, 2010, 12:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Omex

Thanks, saw the link straight afterwards

But I'm a bloke so reserve the right to not read the instructions/information and then even if I do to just ignore them!

Richard

Grin-a-lot

Good day had here too, only got towed off once courtesy of a blown fuel pump fuse but thanks to Dave and Ken for rescuing me with a replacement fuse!

Really enjoyable track and well controlled making it novice friendly I thought!

YZFMINI

Great day.
Maybe a bit more air pressure need Alastair.
Glad the dax went well all day.
Only problem was a quick fix, when the clutch peddle got stuck and did not come back down.
It was worth all the hard work to get it running.
And it definatley goes well in a straight line and holds well in the corners..

YZFMINI

Grin-a-lot

Alastair features at some of the photos in this link, a particularly impressive 3 wheel one; its a photography forum that I sometimes visit.

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=320620

I don't want to post the pictures because the copyright police can sometimes get a bit excitable.

peetee

Fantastic day! Great to see so many BKCC members there. lots of lovely cars and impressive driving, I'm just happy the MAC1 ran faultlessly all day and was vaguely on the pace. On the hunt for some slicks now  ;D Pete/Colin - That Dax is seriously quick! Bruv, Marlboro car is very fast round the track and you make it look easy. Hope you get your engine mountings sorted soon Matt. Nice to meet a few new faces, Grin-a-lot and Dikkie (although your navigation leaves a bit to be desired?!) And Rob P?  That's a fast car you have although I blame you for getting us black flagged at the start of the afternoon session! Roll on September for Llandow revisited!

Westiebusa

Excellent day!! My first track day experience, the Busa did an outstsanding job, i learnt a lot about driving it quickly, only one real problem with an engine mount bolt parting company but a new bolt and away again. The new propshaft worked a dream, the only thing i seem to have is a slight resinating through the drive train under hard exceloration especially on fast right handers,its not bad as my bro who was driving aswell didn't notice it, but he was not driving quite as aggressively as me as it was his first track day and my car :)
Thanks to all for organising the day :)
Ps. my bro remarked on how freindly and sociable everyone was!! Great day lads:)
Ade

peetee

Ade - that's a quick car, you definitely won the 'fastest car onto the trailer' award!

Krazyken

Peetee

What was the story with the Black Flag, this could be a potential black award nomination?

robp

Quote from: Krazyken on 15, May, 2011, 06:04:39 PM
Peetee

What was the story with the Black Flag, this could be a potential black award nomination?

Start of open pit lane session after lunch.  I thought I'd done well to get 2nd in the queue behind Adrian.  As soon as the green light came on off Adrian went.  I followed.  Coming around at the end of my first lap, black flag hanging out the control tower with marshall pointing at me.  Back in the pits for a telling off.  Apparently, traffic light went RED as soon as Spire had left. Jumped back in the car and, pants, I had to joint the end of a massive queue to get on track!  Peetee had followed me through the lights too!

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: robp on 15, May, 2011, 06:11:19 PM
Quote from: Krazyken on 15, May, 2011, 06:04:39 PM
Peetee

Start of open pit lane session after lunch.  I thought I'd done well to get 2nd in the queue behind Adrian.  As soon as the green light came on off Adrian went.  I followed.  Coming around at the end of my first lap, black flag hanging out the control tower with marshall pointing at me.  Back in the pits for a telling off.  Apparently, traffic light went RED as soon as Spire had left. Jumped back in the car and, pants, I had to joint the end of a massive queue to get on track!  Peetee had followed me through the lights too!

Tut tut tut...  It was hard to see the lights in the sunshine though ;) Nomination seconded.

Krazyken

Nominations for both Peetee and Rob P accepted and recorded.  I especially like the fact that Peetee blames Rob P for doing the same thing himself, must have been the invisible tow rope between the 2 cars  :D

peetee

Krazyken

The official photographer on the day dropped a card into my car at lunchtime.  Nothing on their website yet but keep checking this link for the pics    http://www.digitallphotography.co.uk/index.html

dave_bence

A great day out ;D

My thanks also go to CKC, Omex, and Llandow Circuit for organising such an enjoyable event.

The Onyx ran well and didn't miss a beat all day, but the driver was a bit rusty - it took me a while before it all started to flow again.

With all these Black Award nominations being suggested, I think it's only fair to mention KrazyKen. On two occasions, he pulled over to the left and waved me by on the right - exactly the opposite of what we told in the briefing :o

At Donington, I'll write a big L and R on the back of his gloves, so he can tell the difference ;D

Westiebusa

Quote from: peetee on 15, May, 2011, 05:59:01 PM
Ade - that's a quick car, you definitely won the 'fastest car onto the trailer' award!

Fastest bit of driving i did all day Peetee!! ;D

kik1.6se

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 15, May, 2011, 12:20:13 PM
Hi Kirk

Many thanks for posting up the pics, do you have any more?

Your link just takes me to 4 thumbnails per page out of hundreds. How do we see larger images?

Quote from: Omex on 15, May, 2011, 11:28:03 AM
If anyone has any photos of the blue Morgan Plus 4 Supersport I had there I would love to see them as it was the first public outing on track of the 60 off special edition car which we developed the engine and induction system for. That was car 0, the production prototype.

:)

Richard Wragg, Omex Technology.

Richard, Kirk has a couple in his photobucket album, just not sure how to extract them yet.

Hi,

I'm not sure why you can't view the photos on photobucket properly, have you click on the thumnail, I think that should bring up the larger photo?  If anyone wants photos if you contact me via pm and I'll send the larger resolution version.  I'll post a few more below:

I did notice the tyre deflection on the mini, but it did seem to be quick round the bends.

Daley Down Under

Quote from: dave_bence on 15, May, 2011, 09:04:07 PM
A great day out ;D

My thanks also go to CKC, Omex, and Llandow Circuit for organising such an enjoyable event.

The Onyx ran well and didn't miss a beat all day, but the driver was a bit rusty - it took me a while before it all started to flow again.

With all these Black Award nominations being suggested, I think it's only fair to mention KrazyKen. On two occasions, he pulled over to the left and waved me by on the right - exactly the opposite of what we told in the briefing :o

At Donington, I'll write a big L and R on the back of his gloves, so he can tell the difference ;D

Get the feeling it was every time Ken was overtaken

Definite nomination in my book

Adrian

tickious

Bulldog Bri

Great set of pic's Kirk. Looks like you all had a great day again.

8)

robp

I had a great day at Llandow (black flag aside  ::))  Westy didn't miss a beat.  Thanks Colin for a passenger ride in Pete's Starship Enterprise; amazing! :o   

Thanks everyone who rushed to help when my car fell off the trailer (one of the ramps dropped and car ended up sitting on it's floor).  No damage done thankfully. 

All to do again this time next week at Donnington!

Ace Fettler

mattsmev

I just sent this to Stentie at CKC, to say thank you and 'big up' the clubs
Dear Ian

Thank you to you and Omex for arranging the latest excellent Llandow track day.  As one of the few victims of mechanical dramas, I still had a great time.  I broke an engine mount & dropped a drive shaft just before lunch but despite this set back I experienced the camaraderie of kit car driving and owners clubs.  It seems as soon as I broke my car that 2 local members of the MEV owners group appeared providing spare parts, important tools and technical support whilst you provided lunch.  My local club, the Bristol Kit Car Club provided moral support and ensured I got home safe and sound. 

Even without a car, I wasn't short of passenger laps, including in a brand new 200 bhp, Omex powered MEV Rocket.

The moral of the story is that kit car ownership isn't just about the car.  The support, encouragement and friendship of local 'all make' car clubs and national 'brand specific' clubs ensure every event is more enjoyable.  The humble price of the clubs is often off-set by the savings on insurance and accessories and even the subscription fee to this fine magazine is covered by the reduced price of the track day.

Richard of Omex replied reminding us all that if you are not sure about attending the event itself you can always turn up as passengers/spectators

Cheers

Mattsmev

Thanks again - put my name down for the September event as my engine mount & drive shaft are already repaired.

Matt Wingave

'The Gaffer'

Very good letter Matt and I'm pleased your back on the road again :)

peetee

If anyone is interested, Steve at SBK will do a CD of all high res images of your car on the day for £20.