Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

CKC / Omex Llandow Track Day - Sat 14th May 2011

Started by Krazyken, 30, December, 2010, 12:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

'The Gaffer'

MAY EVENT NOW SOLD OUT.

There will no doubt a couple dropping out so if you are interested in getting on the reserve list, contact Ian Stent at CKC - NOW.

Tel. 01823 335443 or email ian@performancepublishing.co.uk

Theres still the Semptember date to come :)

Krazyken

As Phil states above this event is now sold out, so if you have not yet booked & paid your only hope is the reserve list.  At £75 for a full day including lunch it was always going to be popular and sell out.

In addition to the next CKC track day at Llandow in September there is Pembrey on the 16th April - half day for £85 or  Keevil on the 11th July - full day for £90.  There will be other track days coming up as well so keep checking the forum as new dates get added.

Westiebusa

Hi Ken, what time do we need to be there next saturday?

'The Gaffer'

Not to jump into Kens shoes here but I was wondering this too.

So just spoke to Ian Stent who informed me official literature will be coming out early next week.

In the meantime, I spoke to Llandow circuit who said gates will be open at 9.00am (possibly a bit earlier) Drivers briefing at 9.30am with track time starting about 10am.

Are we convoying up?

Westiebusa

Thanks Phil, will be travelling up from Somerset and picking my bro up from Gordano 7.30/7.45'ish, so if that fits in with your travel plans let me know :)

Grin-a-lot

I'm interested in a convoy as well so count me in.  I don't live far from J18 M4 so can meet anywhere really.

Daley Down Under

Convoy works for me - Aust services best pick up point for me.

Adrian

'The Gaffer'

This is what has happened in the past and seemed to work well. (short of me taking the M4 by accident last time and missing Aust :-[) The journey is about an hour and 20 mins.

We meet at 7.15am outside Halfords on the Eastgate Retail Park near the M32 and set off at 7.20am. Make our way to Aust services for about 7.40am then on to Llandow for arrival hopefully before 9am. See map...

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Unknown+road&daddr=51.473251,-2.5644121+to:Aust+Motorway+Services+Area,+Severn+Bridge,+Aust,+Bristol,+Avon+BS35+4BH,+United+Kingdom+to:Unknown+road&hl=en&geocode=FTBrEQMdst7Y_w%3BFWNrEQMdxN7Y_ympYm6oO45xSDHxQh7MI4sNEw%3BFV5oEwMdEgPY_ynLuHfIL5RxSDGz2DeNxR_z0g%3BFcbQEAMdrqrK_w&mra=dme&mrsp=3&sz=16&via=1&sll=51.433839,-3.500412&sspn=0.010983,0.027916&ie=UTF8&ll=51.330612,-3.186035&spn=5.636635,14.293213&t=h&z=7

See you there.

Daley Down Under

Good plan Phil - see you at Aust at 7:40pm

Adrian

peetee

I'll be at Aust for 7:40. Grin-a-lot, will be going up to junc 18 of the M4 if you want to meet there? Pete

Grin-a-lot

I'll be at Aust for 7.40 and meeting Peetee beforehand at J18.  Peetee, just name a time and I'll meet you at one of the lay-bys near J18.  Might pay to message me privately to avoid cluttering this thread.

peetee

How about the lay by just south of junction 18 of M4, Northbound side at 7:15? I will be travelling up the A46 from Bath, anyone else coming that way is welcome to join us............

Grin-a-lot

Daley Down Under

peetee

alastair

Westiebusa

mr tone

Any one from Gloucester ,Forest of Dean going on Sat that i could travel with please let me know Tony

dikkie

Peetee; i'll be heading up from bath too, will meet you guys in the layby at 7.15

peetee

OK dikkie, see you there! FYI, my route will be A36 from Warminster, over the toll bridge at Bathampton, then A46 from Bath to M4. Anyone else going this way, you're welcome to join me/us. Pete

So far;

A46 Northbound - M4, junc 18
Peetee
Grin-a-lot
dikkie

'The Gaffer'

Cheers guys.

Could anybody else interested in joining us please put your names down and tell us where you will be.

So far.

Eastgate
1. The gaffer
2. Alastair / YZFMINI
3. David H?

Aust services.
1. MarlboroCar
2. Peetee
3. Grin-a-Lot
4. Westiebusa
5. dikkie

Trailering or making own way.
1. Dave Bence
2. Krazyken
3. Mr Tone - Anyone from Glos way want to join him?
4. Hairy Santa

Camping.
1. Mattsmev
2. Ace Fettler

Unknown as yet
1. Steve C + Driver

TimC

I think I'm going across to watch for a bit and catch-up with a mate - will try to come and say Hello.

Grin-a-lot

I've lost the paper part of my driving license and the photo bit is up in Glasgow.  So, how much of a problem do you think it will be if I turn up with no driving license in hand?

If tried getting hold of Llandow to check but haven't been able to get through yet.

Bugger, fitted me oil cooler and polished the car ready for Saturday too!

Krazyken

Grin

I would recommed getting hold of Richard Wragg at Omex or Ian Stent of CKC Magazine as they are the track day organisers.  Their numbers will be on the instructions which have been posted out this week otherwise you can Google and pick up their numbers online.

Hope this helps

The Krazy One

Grin-a-lot

Westiebusa

Quote from: Grin-a-lot on 12, May, 2011, 05:59:55 PM
I've lost the paper part of my driving license and the photo bit is up in Glasgow.  So, how much of a problem do you think it will be if I turn up with no driving license in hand?

If tried getting hold of Llandow to check but haven't been able to get through yet.

Bugger, fitted me oil cooler and polished the car ready for Saturday too!
What do we need to bring? driving licence photo card? Will my MSA Race licence do?
Ade

Grin-a-lot

The paperwork that dropped through my letter box says:

Signed indemnity form - the OMEX one in the posted pack but I think there is a Llandow one to sign on the day as well
Full driving license - I think photo bit might be enough but there are people more experienced than me that might know
Be physically fit - ooh er...
Be a competent driver - ooh er...
Wear an approved helmet.  Arms and legs must be covered at all times
Attend the circuit briefing.

steve c

Cheers guys.

Could anybody else interested in joining us please put your names down and tell us where you will be.

So far.

Eastgate
1. The gaffer
2. Alastair / YZFMINI
3. David H?

Aust services.
1. MarlboroCar
2. Peetee
3. Grin-a-Lot
4. Westiebusa
5. dikkie
6  steve c

Trailering or making own way.
1. Dave Bence
2. Krazyken
3. Mr Tone - Anyone from Glos way want to join him?
4. Hairy Santa

Camping.
1. Mattsmev
2. Ace Fettler

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Westiebusa on 13, May, 2011, 11:47:22 AM
What do we need to bring? driving licence photo card? Will my MSA Race licence do?
Ade

I am just taking photo card.

Here's to the weather being good guys, we have a BKCC weather angel and she will be working her magic for us tomorrow :)

tickious

Ace Fettler

Cracking day at Llandow today. Phils weather God did the business and it stayed dry all day. MattsMev was the only casualty as far is I know with what turned out to be a broken engine mount, he was last seen on the A48  trying to thumb a lift from a friendly revovery truck.

I had a friend there who was taking photos from various points on the circuit, and he believes he has pics of just about everybody. His website is at http://www.sbkmotorsport.com/ pics will be posted there in the next few days. Anybody wanting prints can order direct from the website.

Richard

Daley Down Under

Excellent trackday.  Official news ...

Hairy Santa's Dax Busa Turbo outdrags the Spire on the straight (at 80% throttle!!!!) 

Note to self - need a bigger Supercharger

Adrian

Hairy Santa

Where to start, what a day, all the hard work that Collin and I have put into the car has paid off

all I have to do now is learn how to drive

thanks to all for a brill time and good company to top it off 

'The Gaffer'

Well, what a great day, the convoy went exactly to plan, the weather was fantastic, the company was great and I'm gradually becoming more confident in my car on the track and was very pleased how the car performed.

Nice to see Pete finally behind the wheel of his Dax on track too :)

Also a really good club turnout - nice to see you all.

Our banner was up

As mentioned above, Mattsmev had a few problems but a couple of members from the Mev owners club came to the rescue, albeit short lived as drive shaft problems were actually caused by a busted engine mount.. Thats what clubs are all about though isnt it :)

Just a few of the clan..

Lovely blue sky, kindly supplied by the BKCC weather angel..

Finally a big thanks to CKC and OMEX for putting on such a great day.

Bookings are already being taken for the next one in Sep, so if you fancy a go get your name down quick here http://bristolkitcarclub.co.uk/smf2/index.php?topic=1550.0

mattsmev

Home safe and sound, Dragon Rescue picked me up on the Super Flat Loader and took me to my door.  My wife had towed me to the A48 because I thought getting my road side recovery people out for a track incident might be difficult.  I thought I was so cunning, but when the chap turned up with the lorry his first words were 'have you been racing at Llandow then', so much for my clever scheme.  He said they would have happily picked me up from the circuit as long as the car is road registered, so next time I wont bother towing away from the circuit.

I was really pleased with the running I did get, the set up work by track developments made a difference, especially at the bottom end of the circuit,

I received so much help from others to fix my drive shaft, I felt really upset when the repaired item broke as well, All because the engine mount had broken and thats what caused the problem.  I guess my highlights of the day were the offer of a spare drive shaft from a fellow MEV owner and the friendly stop from 4 BKCC members on the way home to make sure all was well.

So despite the day not being a success from a track driving point of view, it was still a good day.  Thanks to every one who has been part of it.

Mattsmev

kik1.6se

Hi,

I live near Llandow and came over to spectate in the afternoon.  I took quite a few photos and have uploaded some to photobucket.  I notoiced the Bristol kit car club banners, and spoke to a couple of people from the club, so thought I'd link them to this forum.

Photobucket account:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v302/kik106rallye/

Kirk

alastair

Hmmmmmm, I think I my have had my tyre set a little too soft.  :o

It was a really good day and was nice to see everyone having a great time.

Adrian: Cheers for the cable ties. They worked a treat!

Omex

Well guys and girls, hope you all had a good day. We enjoyed seeing many of the regulars again and also many new faces, many of whom hadn't been on track before.

The September event is starting to get booked up so have alook at your diaries and see if you can make it.

If anyone has any photos of the blue Morgan Plus 4 Supersport I had there I would love to see them as it was the first public outing on track of the 60 off special edition car which we developed the engine and induction system for. That was car 0, the production prototype.

:)

Richard Wragg, Omex Technology.

Krazyken

A great day for all that were there and thank you to Richard at Omex and Ian at CKC for once again organising a great event.  I say all but 2 guys in the first session of the day had a coming together due to an accidental spin which damaged both their cars and ended the day prematurely for both of them. 

Had a very enjoyable session in the afternoon with Dave Bence and The Gaffer where we were nose to tail for lap after lap.  Both DB & I were very impressed with the stability and handling of Phils RIOT as we followed it round, Jeremy Phillips of Sylva sure knows how to design a good handling car.

Shame about Matt, I have also broken engine mounts on track (4 times), they just need toughening up, refitting and away you go again until you find the next weakest point. 

For those not at Donington on the 23rd May the next BPMC Track day is Keevil through MSE on 11th July.  Please see the thread on this for details of how to book and claim the BKCC discount.

'The Gaffer'

Hi Kirk

Many thanks for posting up the pics, do you have any more?

Your link just takes me to 4 thumbnails per page out of hundreds. How do we see larger images?

Quote from: Omex on 15, May, 2011, 11:28:03 AM
If anyone has any photos of the blue Morgan Plus 4 Supersport I had there I would love to see them as it was the first public outing on track of the 60 off special edition car which we developed the engine and induction system for. That was car 0, the production prototype.

:)

Richard Wragg, Omex Technology.

Richard, Kirk has a couple in his photobucket album, just not sure how to extract them yet.