+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Zolder Track Day

Started by Krazyken, 06, January, 2011, 10:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krazyken

At this stage I am guaging interest in this event having done a little more research.  Lotus on Track are offering a track day at the former F1 circuit of Zolder for £150 on Friday 29th July.  This is an early bird offer for bookings before 1st Feb after that the price goes up to £170.  There is also a one off fee to join LoT of £30 in the first year then a second payment of £30 a year later which gives you lifetime membership.  Kit cars are welcome at LoT events but saloons, hatches, single seaters and Radical type cars are not.  For track day regulars £60 spread over 2 years for lifetime membership is a worthwhile investment.

The intention is to tie this is with a trip to the Nurburgring, the only problem is that they do not yet have a schedule for 2010 so we do not know if we can drive the Ring around that time.  The prices have increased a lot since 2008 plus the exchange rate has decreased so you need to budget on £20 a lap to drive the Ring even buying multiple runs.

To drive the Spa F1 circuit it is now £250/day off season and £350/day in the summer.  In 2008 we drove this for £250/day in early August so it just shows how much things have gone up for popular venues.

With all of this in mind is anyone up for this trip or would you rather concentrate on solely UK track days?

David H

Daley Down Under

Ken,

As you know, I am keen on a Euro trip but I cant do those dates - we're on summer hols then.

I'm not keen on public days at the Ring - for me they fall into your CC Action Days category.  Anyone can drive the Ring and there's lots of acccidents.  I'd rather go with a reputable TDO. 

Furthermore, I also get the feeling LoT would not look favourably on the Spire.

Cheers Adrian

Krazyken

Adrian

I think you have a point regarding your Spire through LoT.  Thanks for the feedback, I may have to save the foreign jaunt for 2012 once more members have had chance to get up to speed on track so that we can have a decent amount of members to make it worthwhile.

I will see how the track day calenders work out and post up the itinery in Feb.

robp

I'm interested in a trip away this year, especially the Ring.  Look forward to seeing club itinery next month.  Then the next task will be teeing up SWMBO to sign it off!  Already planted the seed so I'm hopeful. ;D

David H

Daley Down Under

I've also had an email from Destination Nurburgring as follows:

As a valued customer and friend I promised to write with more news regarding our 2011 track days at the Nürburgring.

I'm very happy to be able to tell you the dates are now confirmed and booked.

Wednesday April 20th 8am to 5pm
Thursday April 21st 8am to 2pm

and;

Monday July 18th 8am - 5pm
Tuesday July 19th 8am to 5pm

Everything is up and on www.destination-nurburgring.com and I've added a translation button to the site to make it easier for everyone to read it.

There will be a loyalty discount code issued to returning customers shortly.

Any queries - call me on +44 (0)131 20832 66 or email as usual at darren@ringweekends.co.uk

Adrian