Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Karting Event - Sat 5th March

Started by Krazyken, 17, January, 2011, 07:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Krazyken

We have been invited by the Westfield Sports Car Club to enter teams for a karting event they are hosting at Swindon Karting situated on Wroughton Airfield.  The details are: -

Date: Sat 5th March
Time: 10.00am for a 10.30am start - Practice and a 2 Hour Endurance Race
Where: Swindon Karting, Hanger C2 Area 1 Hackpen Lane, Wroughton Airfield
More Info: www.swindonkarting.co.uk or phone 01793 814340
Cost: £135 per team of 4 preferably 5 drivers so £27 or £34 each

A perfect way to kick off the season with a little indoor driving practice, remember all the best F1 drivers started in karts.  The maximum number of teams allowed to enter is 10 so it will not be as busy on track as the charity event I organised in November.

Please respond if you are interested we can then sort out teams, money etc.

'The Gaffer'

Daley Down Under

Love to but back from Oz that afternoon so no can do

xr2 stu

would of been up for this but will going on my honeymoon

peetee

Quite coincidentally, I've already signed up for a karting event that day in Wroughton through my local cycling club! I suspect the same event?? Put me down as a maybe though and I'll confirm once I know what's going on with the cycling club event, if that's OK? Pete

David H

In which case I might have a go. Ken, have these karts got roll cages?

Krazyken

Dave, the karts are 270cc Sodi karts the same as at M4 Karting. 

Time for a list.

1. The Gaffer
2. Peetee?
3. David H
4. Mattsmev

Any more?  I may be able to make up the other 2 to get a team together but singles are always welcome to make up the numbers in other teams so don't be afraid to join in.

mattsmev

Hi Phil

Thanks for the email, drifted out of the forum checking habit over the off season.  Yes please, I'd love to do this event.  I missed the last one due to work but it sounded like you all had a great time.

Count me in

Cheers

Mattsmev

'The Gaffer'

Nice to see you back Matt, yes most off season forums are dead but we still manage to have a little banter and organise a few events here :)

Your name is down on the karting list.

tickious

Picking up a new toy tomorrow, a 205 with the wrong engine, so I'm almost back in the gang again. :P
Could you put me n Kelvin down.

Cheers!

Krazyken

Updated list

1. The Gaffer
2. Peetee?
3. David H
4. Mattsmev
5. tickious
6. Kelvin
7. Krazyken
8. Joe R
9. Miles
10. tickious 2

Ok we now have 2 teams. Peetee can you confirm?

tickious

hi. can my mate come? sorry to pester, but if he can he needs to book time off work this week. ::)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: tickious on 26, January, 2011, 07:40:58 AM
hi. can my mate come? sorry to pester, but if he can he needs to book time off work this week. ::)

Not a problem at all.

tickious

Quote from: Krazyken on 22, January, 2011, 10:04:10 PM
Updated list

1. The Gaffer
2. Peetee?
3. David H
4. Mattsmev
5. tickious
6. Kelvin
7. Krazyken
8. Joe R
9. Miles
10. Egis

Ok we now have 2 teams. Peetee can you confirm?

peetee

Ken/Phil, should be able to let you know for definite tomorrow, cheers, pete

Krazyken

Guys, I have been in contact with Andrew at the WSCC, at the moment we are only guaranteed 1 team and will have confirmation of a second team entry in about a week.

We will not get more than 2 team places so we will have to say that the event is now full unless anyone is happy to make up the numbers in a non BKCC team if required.  I will post up confirmation of the second team and payment details as soon as I have confirmation.

peetee

Ken/Phil - Can't get confirmation from the cycling club so I'm a yes please! Providing there is room of course? Cheers, Pete

'The Gaffer'

Krazyken

We now have enough people for 2 teams but are only guaranteed 1.  I have emailed this evening asking for an update on the 2nd team.  As soon as i have the answers I will let you know along with payment details etc.  List below: -

1. The Gaffer
2. Peetee
3. David H
4. Mattsmev
5. tickious
6. Kelvin
7. Krazyken
8. Joe R
9. Miles
10. Egis

If anyone else is intereted please put your name down as you may be able to make up the numbers in another team.

tickious

I believe we've got our 2 teams confirmed for the day.  :P

Krazyken

We have 2 teams confirmed and now need to request 50% payment from all drivers to reserve and confirm the 2 team places we have been allocated.  Below are the final details pasted from the email I have been sent by the event organiser.

THE TRACK      I have spoken to Karen Bartlett who sells it as having a 550m length track (the longest in the South-West!) and the same excellent 270cc SODI Karts models as last year that can reach 60mph on their short straight.  Please look at their website and see what you think
FORMAT      As last year we have opted for the 2 hour Enduro format where we get the track exclusively to ourselves. We get some practice sessions followed by the Enduro competition with team drivers sharing the time. Maximum number of team/karts on the track is 10.
FOOD         A sandwich buffet will be made available at £4.50 per head – I will book this for all drivers unless you specifically opt out!
TROPHY      Naturally enough the winning team will be awarded an astounding trophy to cherish!
TERMS OF BUSINESS    each team needs to send in their 50% DEPOSIT cheque  to Karen Bartlett -- 50% of £135 say £67 with their booking --- please note that this is non-returnable.
TIME          Please ensure that you are at the circuit by 10A.M.

We also need to come up with 2 team names and state which drivers will be in each team.  I would suggest the team names of "Norfolk & Chance" and "Suffolk & Close" (say it quickly to get it) and allocation of drivers as 1-5 and 6-10 from the list of drivers above.  If you want to drive in a specific team with a friend then please let me know.

Phil please can you confirm the payment options for members as the 50% deposit monies need to be paid ASAP.

'The Gaffer'

Well done Ken. Paypal link to be set up on BKCC bank account.

Teams... Well looking at the list, I can see friends who would like to be together, so I propose.

Norfolk & Chance
1. The Gaffer
2. Peetee
3. David H
4. Miles
5. Mattsmev

Suffolk & Close
1. Kelvin
2. tickious
3. Krazyken
4. Joe R
5. Egis

Krazyken

I must confess to a slight advantage for the Suffolk & Close team.  Joe R is my son Joe who is 16 built like a muscular whippet and has been karting since he was 9 years old.  3 years in a row he was runner up in the Bristol indoor karting championship, should have been champion twice but luck was never with him.  He is probably worth at least 2 seconds a lap over the rest of us.

Looking forward to some good inter club rivalry and excellent banter on the day.

David H

50% deposit,

bank transfer ok?
or Paypal?
or scrap copper?

David H

Quote from: Krazyken on 10, February, 2011, 09:06:18 PM
I must confess to a slight advantage for the Suffolk & Close team.  Joe R is my son Joe who is 16 built like a muscular whippet and has been karting since he was 9 years old.  3 years in a row he was runner up in the Bristol indoor karting championship, should have been champion twice but luck was never with him.  He is probably worth at least 2 seconds a lap over the rest of us.

Looking forward to some good inter club rivalry and excellent banter on the day.

Well, I cant stop getting fat now I'm heading towards 40 BUT I have the best fart power in the country so you guys are in sooooo much trouble.

peetee

Ah, the banter's started! Do I sense it could be slightly competitive? Again! Dave, I'd forgotten about your 'special smelly advantage' last time

David H

They're screwed aren't they?

I'll save a good one for em.

tickious

Quote from: Krazyken on 10, February, 2011, 09:06:18 PM

I'm glad Joe type R's on our team, hopefully he'll even out my "skills" :-[

Also sorry if I missed it, but is there a paypal linky and how much are we paying now?

'The Gaffer'

I am in the process of setting paypal up, 50% upfront, will confirm asap :)

Westiebusa

tickious

Westiebusa

If anyone drops out can i be considered please?  ;)

'The Gaffer'

mattsmev

I am still looking forward to this event.

Have i missed the payment details or are we still waiting for final costs and a pay pal link?  I'l pay as soon as i have seen them.

60mph in a kart! - I get scared easy you know - what have i done, there is a racing whippet in the other team and the karts might be faster than my kit car

Cheers

Mattsmev

Krazyken

The BKCC bank account will not be ready in time as they need to check that none of us have a secret past, so Phil has agreed to use his Paypal account for the payments details which he will post up shortly.  In view of the short timescale before the event all drivers will be asked to pay in full rather than the 50:50 originally proposed.

Please keep checking this thread for the payment details and if anyone needs to drop out please post up straight away to give the reserve apprentice Stigs as much time as possible to prepare for their 15 minutes of fame.

'The Gaffer'

Payment details are now on the forum front page.

Please pay full amount ASAP. Sorry for the late payment details, I have been somewhat distracted with forum problems.

peetee

Hi Phil, all paid, raring to get out there!

mattsmev

Hi Phil, all paid - using my wife's Paypal account but you can call me Susan if you want.

Cheers

Mattsmev

'The Gaffer'

s
Quote from: mattsmev on 17, February, 2011, 02:31:34 PM
Hi Phil, all paid - using my wife's Paypal account but you can call me Susan if you want.

I'll only call you Susan if you turn up at the karting evet in stockings and suspenders :))

tickious

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 17, February, 2011, 11:32:25 AM
OK, here's the payment list..

Norfolk & Chance
1. The Gaffer - PAID CHQ
2. Peetee - PAID PAYPAL
3. David H - PAID CASH
4. Miles
5. Mattsmev - PAID PAYPAL

Suffolk & Close
1. Kelvin - paid PAYPAL
2. tickious - paid PAYPAL