+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Bedford Autodrome Trackday 12th Feb

Started by tony.g, 23, January, 2011, 10:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tony.g

I have just booked a track day on Feb 12th at Bedford Autodrome.
I am keeping my fingers crossed with the weather.
I am now a bit worried as the furthest i have driven it is down my 50 yard drive :o

'The Gaffer'

Good luck Tony, I'm sure your car will go for a longer shakedown than your driveway before then.

paintman

Brave man!!.......but as Phil said, I expect your get a few miles under your belt by then and get the final adjustments sorted hopefully. ;)

Tony

tony.g

No MOT or road tax.
The shakedown will be on the track!!!!!!!!!!!
Is that brave or stupid? :-\

'The Gaffer'

As long as you have a trailer to tow all the parts back you should be fine ;)

Seriously though, just do a good nut and bolt check beforehand. The last thing you want (And other track users) is for bits to start dropping off your car on track.

tony.g

Don't worry I have been over everything at least twice.
And yes it is going on a trailer as i got fed up with waiting for the AA when i was tracking my Lotus!

Krazyken

Tony I admire your bravery, I have bedded in brake pads on a track day but nothing more than that.  If there are any weak areas in your car then a track day will certainly find them.  That's not necessarily a bad thing as it will improve the weakest areas for future track days and you will end up with a strong reliable car when others are going home early.

Just take plenty of spares and a car full of tools - enjoy!

tony.g

The car is 10 years old and was used on track by the previous owner.
I will be taking lots of spares and tools though.

paintman

Quote from: tony.g on 24, January, 2011, 05:22:18 PM
Don't worry I have been over everything at least twice.
And yes it is going on a trailer as i got fed up with waiting for the AA when i was tracking my Lotus!

Will the AA etc...recover you back home after a track day breakdown then......I was a bit worried about this as i'm driving to Llandow? ::)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: paintman on 25, January, 2011, 11:38:06 PM
Will the AA etc...recover you back home after a track day breakdown then......I was a bit worried about this as i'm driving to Llandow? ::)

By all accounts if you find a nice engineer they will. Short of that we push or trailer the car outside the track and they cant refuse to work on your car, can they??

Anyone had experience of this?.

RobC

I know of at least one person who was flat refused outside Llandow... too in the middle of nowhere for you to have been anywhere else.. AA man was trying to charge him £200 for a private tow...

Trailer option is always the best policy if your worried about reliablity. I don;t trust ine one bit  ::)

paintman

I think I'll take a tow-rope and get a tow to a town near by and tell them i was visiting someone.    As long as its not smashed up they can hardly refuse can they. (i'm in the RAC.)

I suppose you would be pushing it parked outside the track though.

tony.g

A friend of mine had the AA out , they came in to the pits at Goodwood and couldn't sort it out, so a recovery truck arrived and took him home at no cost.

When my head gasket went on my Lotus, on a track day at  Donington, i didn't take the chance and got my brother to tow me to the services,i was stuck in the services for 4.5 hours though.

I was told that the AA were the only company that will come to a track.

You could always say you were a spectator. ;D

paintman

The only answer is to take it easy on the track and give Santa a chance.....lol ;D ;D