News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

BKCC Track Days to date

Started by Krazyken, 16, February, 2011, 08:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krazyken

We have another subsidised track day to add to the BKCC Track Day Calender.  I had hoped to have more listed but the Track Day Companies have still not published their full list of 2011 Events but more will follow in due course.  The list so far is: -

Sat 2nd April   BPMC Castle Combe Track Day £129 - Only 6 cars on track at a time
Sat 14 May     CKC/Omex Llandow Track Day £75 - A great event and only £75 to BKCC members
Fri 11 July       MSE Keevil Track Day £90 reduced from £99 subject to a min of 10 bookings*
Sat 10 Sept    CKC/Omex Llandow Track Day £75 - Same as in May and still only £75 to BKCC members

More events will follow with at least 1 track day at a full UK circuit such as Donington or Brands Hatch.  The new date is Keevil which we can share with other friendly clubs to make up to the minimum of 10 to get the discount.  Keevil will be a natural progression from Llandow with a greater variety of corners and straights for those who have not driven a circuit before.

Just on track days alone for your £10 membership you will save £49 on the track days above than booking on your own with more to follow. 

Westiebusa

Krazyken

Phil will announce next week along with all the other benefits of BKCC membership.

peetee

Ken, put me down as a possible for the Keevil date please. I assume it's Monday 11th July, not Friday? Cheers, Pete

Denzle

I dont have a track car.   :'(      So is it OK to come to some of these track day events as an onlooker to take video footage for others in the club to see.   ;)    Not just on the track but the general repairs and banter of the day.

Can I get close access to the cars and the track to take footage.   What are the entrance costs
for this.        And what area is the Keevil track.   ::)

cheers Denzle....

'The Gaffer'

Some tracks like castle combe are fine for spectators, some others not. I understand airfield days are not so hot on spectators as there are no barriers as such and safety is paramount,

Others may have a different take on this.

Why don't you just get your car out there, It wont fall apart will it? :)

Grin-a-lot

Use your car on the track! I was nervous taking my 1989 Westfield around Castle Combe but I was pleasantly surprised how slowly I could mince round before getting a bit quicker as my confidence in me and the car grew.

When you follow the rules the fast guys can nip past when safe and everyone has fun, winner!

Denzle

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 17, February, 2011, 11:27:28 AM
Some tracks like castle combe are fine for spectators, some others not. I understand airfield days are not so hot on spectators as there are no barriers as such and safety is paramount,

Others may have a different take on this.

Why don't you just get your car out there, It wont fall apart will it? :)

I have no worries about taking the car on the track, but I would enjoy getting out my camcorder,  taking some footage, editing it and showing it to members who dont go to track days.             

Something a little different than sitting on board with someone looking at the tarmac going bye.   Even take some footage of our lads doing time laps against each other.   ;)
=======================================================

Just a note to say, I have raced Karts class 4,  My Sunbeam Rapier and Triumph Herald in rallies and been round Silverstone.    ;D       So its no problem for me to go on the track.

Now I am not so much a hothead, I thought our members would like to see what goes on at these days on the track.    It adds more interest to the club.   ;)

'The Gaffer'

Video footage of events is good, there's a guy in the ACKCC that video's all their club events.

Each track day will have its own regulations, we just need to check in advance.

We might even see a bit of onboard footage from you too then :)

Denzle

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 17, February, 2011, 12:27:17 PM
Video footage of events is good, there's a guy in the ACKCC that video's all their club events.

Each track day will have its own regulations, we just need to check in advance.

We might even see a bit of onboard footage from you too then :)

Watch this space.......You never know.   :-*

Krazyken

Denzle

I am all for video footage of the day as club members will want to see how well/badly they appear to an onlooker and whether they are as close to the apex, correct braking points etc. as they think.  It also makes for some very entertaining banter when the video is played down the pub.

As Phil stated this will be fine at public circuits which are set up for spectators but we will need advance permission at Airfield days and Sprint Circuits.  Please PM with the events you have in mind and I will make some enquiries.

Krazyken

Forgot to mention Keevil is near Trowbridge and yes it is Monday 11th July not Friday as stated on my previous post.

David H

I'll do Keevil, its a good day out.

stupott901

Yeah keevil will be good for me and it's a good track aswell I'm planning to go to the one being held on the 5march just hoping for a dry day

paintman

Seeing as it's local I would be mad not to go! ;D