News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Keevil Track Day 5th March

Started by stupott901, 22, February, 2011, 09:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

stupott901

well I have gone and done it and bookrd myself on the Keevil track day on 5 th March :D, just praying for it to be dry now. Well i need some practice before we go as a club on the 11 July dont want to go showing myself up on the day.

Is any one else attending I know the karting event is on the same day ?

Denzle

Can you tell me where Keevil is Stu.      Denzle.   ;)

stupott901

I denzle it's on the outskirts of Trowbridge just of the a350 in a village called steeple Ashton

It's handy for me as it's 5 mins away, I went to 1 last year and its quite a good track layout as well

paintman

I'll come along to spectate and maybe I can drag Dixie with me......I'll bring my crash helmet. :P

Tony

Denzle

Quote from: stupott901 on 22, February, 2011, 09:57:45 PM
I denzle it's on the outskirts of Trowbridge just of the a350 in a village called steeple Ashton

It's handy for me as it's 5 mins away, I went to 1 last year and its quite a good track layout as well

Thanks Stu...Got it on my map now.   ;)

Its a good run down for me, but If I can make it on the day I will bring the camcorder and see what video footage I can grab.   

Is it at the airfield that I can see on my map, and can I get close enough to take some decent video.   Whats the layout.   ;D

dikkie

I'm itching for my first track day, would this be suitable for a complete novice? If it is I'm tempted to join you...

stupott901

Tony you are more than welcome to be a passenger if you put up with my driving ;D

Denzle if you look at the motor sports events they have the track layout on there, you should be able to get some footage I'm going to try and attach my bargain car camera as well

Dikkie yes it's a good track for novices it's where I did my first and only track day so far it's got some decent staights and corners and the orgainisers are really helpful I had a brill day last year

dave_bence

Denzle,

You may struggle to get decent photos/videos at any airfield circuit.

As there are no barriers to protect the public, spectators are confined to the paddock area only, which is also a safe distance from the circuit.

You'll need a huge zoom lens!

Denzle

hoobahole

Subject to weather and availability, I'll be there.

I'll be in an orange and black westfield so please come say hello!

Roger

stupott901

hi Roger

Ok i will keep a eye out for you ill be in a black mk indy,

are you taking part? the weather is supposed to be ok on saturday

stu

paintman

What time are you going Stupott?

peetee

I may well call in on my way back from the karting?

stupott901

Hi Tony I think I gave to book on at 9 am :D if it any different I'll pm you

And look forward to see you there petee

tickious

Quote from: peetee on 02, March, 2011, 09:48:16 AM
I may well call in on my way back from the karting?
Me too. We've turned up in the afternoon in the past and just paid for half a day, as a lot of people leave just after lunch. I prefer it to Llandow as it's run better. If someone is behind you, (has a quicker lap time) even if your quicker on the straights, you're told to move over to the right and even slow slightly and wave them past. Nice long straight, followed by a long right hander, but there's that much run off, you could lose it there flat out, and just merrily spin to a smokey stop without hitting anything. Definitely recommend for a 1st track day!

paintman

That's a good idea about turning up for a possible afternoon session....... ;)

hoobahole

Quote from: stupott901 on 01, March, 2011, 08:03:42 PM
hi Roger

Ok i will keep a eye out for you ill be in a black mk indy,

are you taking part? the weather is supposed to be ok on saturday

stu

Absolutely.

I will be lapping until the car breaks or runs out of fuel!  :)

Rog

hoobahole

Does anyone know the website for the guy taking photos at Keevil yesterday?

Roger

stupott901

Hi Roger

Looking at the leaflet given out it's

www.mgphoto.co.uk

Stu

hoobahole

paintman

We had a good day out at Keevil on saturday but it was bl**dy cold!

It was well attended with a wide range of saloons and kit cars from Atoms to old BMW's.

Went out with Stupott for a thrash around the curcuit in his Bec.......thanks again Stu. :-*

David H was going well....don't think much got past him and everyone seem to be having fun. ;)

Tony

stupott901

I had a look at the MG Photo website some good pics on there apart from the ones where people are overtaking me >:(

Im glad you enjoyed the passenger ride Tony

The Atoms were fast too fast around the hairpin by the amount of times he spun there

but a good day even with the cold

stu

stupott901

Atlast i have managed to upload a video from the Keevil Track using the bargain basement camcorder must admit quality picture sound is nt to good though

'The Gaffer'