Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Pembrey - Sat 16th April with MSE

Started by Krazyken, 20, March, 2011, 09:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Krazyken

I have booked to do the afternoon at Pembrey with Motor Sport Events MSE on Sat 16th April.  I will be going for the afternoon only as I struggle to get up for the crack of dawn starts with all the medication I am on.

For those of you who are considering Pembrey, this may be your only opportunity to drive the circuit this year as MSE's only other date is in October which is not yet confirmed.  Pembrey is a great circuit which all the F1, F3 & BTCC teams used to test at until the big money came into the sport.  The cost is £169 for the whole day and I will put up the price for a partial day as soon as I have it confirmed.

Anyone else interested?

Krazyken

The price for half a day is £85 and I will be there for the afternoon.  If you have missed out on Llandow this will be an ideal opportunity to drive a full circuit for a similar cost.  Please let me know if you will be going.

'The Gaffer'

Sounds good, I will have 1/2 a day as long as my A Frame towing device mod comes on quickly. Confirm soon.

Daley Down Under

I love Pembrey but can't do this. Away on Easter hols with the family

robp

Mmm, very tempted.  I'll see if I can get it signed off by SWMBO.

Krazyken

Will anyone be joining me on Saturday, the weather looks OK if not as warm as last weekend?

'The Gaffer'

Sorry Ken, busy now and made no headway on my towing frame yet. Have a great day.

Krazyken

OK Gaffer, I will post a brief write up after the event.  BTW this is my 200th post.

Krazyken

A great afternoons fun and excellent value at £85 for over 3 hours, with only 10 cars or less on track at a time.

The weather was good with light cloud cover (not too hot) and a perfectly dry track.  Took a few laps to shake off the lack of track action over the winter but was up to speed with the right settings after about half an hour.  After that  it was fun all the way with many people coming up to me in the paddock after a stint saying "that goes well, what is it?"  With the mods over the winter I was quicker than most cars with the notable exception of a Radical, Aerial Atom and a 580BHP Skyline on slicks.

One problem I discovered was that after being laid up over the winter, I probably have a sticking brake caliper as the car lurches to the left under hard braking, which it all is on track.  I can't really complain as the calipers are now 12 years old and have seen 5 years of track days so it's time for a refurb of the front calipers before Llandow.

In the afternoon I did 100 miles on track, so with 100 miles to get there, 100 miles on track and 100 miles back home, 300 miles in one day without any aches or pains wasn't bad for an unfit middle aged old fart like me.

'The Gaffer'

Pleased all went well, really wished I could have done that one.

David H

stupott901

sounds like a good day and no hitches cool

Krazyken

Brakes now sorted thanks to Dave Bence.  It was the o/s/r caliper that had not self adjusted so the n/s/r was the only one working causing the car to lurch to the left.  Will adjust again and bleed the brakes just to make sure before Llandow, thankfully much cheaper solution than new brake calipers.