Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Castle Combe Track Day - Sat 2nd April only £129

Started by Krazyken, 24, December, 2010, 02:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

'The Gaffer'

Excellent day out, and what great weather. Thanks for the ride Rog, its always a pleasure having my internal organs rearranged ;D

Good to see a few of us at the event, looked out for you Leon but didnt see you or knuckle head.

Great pics Dave, both cars look well planted and the MG was great fun. Fantastic in fact considering it was made in 1968!!

Roll on the summer.

stupott901

A good day I was just jealous I wasnt out on track

Daley Down Under

David H

RobC

couldn't make it up.. but looks like you chaps had a good day :)

your car looks nice and low roger.. how's it handling...

robp

The thing about the Pegasus day at Combe is they only send about 6 cars out at once.  This means there is plenty of room to have some fun.  Also great if you're a novice as you don't have people constantly racing up behind you.  I suppose the downside of this policy this is there is more hanging around waiting for your next session and there are less zig-zag jam cars to try to pass!  ::)

I was stand up at Quarry for a couple of sessions (see short videos below).  It was great when the next session started and you could see and hear cars racing out of the pit exit in the distance.  Then all went quiet for a few seconds and then suddenly everyone came racing over Avon Rise and flew around Quarry.  Great.  :D

Dave H and Hoopahole passing a Mini at speed around Quarry.  Roger's motor sounded great in the distance along the pit straight (offside exhaust system) and Dave's was the one one exit of Quarry (NS exhaust facing the stands). Sorry about crap iPhone quality recordings!:-

......and Chris Varey's SEight Westfield at Quarry (very distinctive exhaust note as you can only hear one bank of cylinders at a time) :-

David H

brilliant!! really enjoyed that session with Rog. 2 bees in a jar. Rob C and P, you were missed!

RobC

Sorry dude... all my money's spoken for this year :( next year though... is another matter :D

hoobahole

Quote from: RobC on 04, April, 2011, 12:05:32 PM
couldn't make it up.. but looks like you chaps had a good day :)

your car looks nice and low roger.. how's it handling...

Not as I'd expected. I thought it'd be more kart like than it was. The turn in didn't feel as sharp to start with - to the extent I nearly ran wide coming out of camp on my first lap. It is more sensitive to tyre pressures, but after a lap or two it was better and I spent the rest of the day learning to drive it again.