Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Morning at Combe with BHP Trackdays - Tues 26th April

Started by Daley Down Under, 20, April, 2011, 01:07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Daley Down Under

I've just booked for next Tues morning at Combe - still a few spaces left at £99.  David organises a great day (or half day).  Open pit lane and no queues.

Adrian

dave_bence

I'm hoping to do a half or full day with BHP at Combe in June - I've heard nothing but good reports about them.

In the meantime, I just need to finish putting my car back together, then run-in the engine ;D

Krazyken

Yes, I am planning a half day at Combe through BHP with DB in June.  I think the next track day event when there will be a strong BKCC contingent will be at Llandow next month.

Krazyken

Best of luck at Combe tomorrow, watch out for a patch of burnt tarmac after Quarry.  DB & I went to the racing today and saw a car in the CC Saloon Car Championship do 2 full rolls when a wheel came off.  Of the Formula Fords 13 of the 30 had a DNF with 2 cars being stranded in the middle of the circuit on the same lap.  The most eventful was when one came out of Quarry with a tank slapper went off onto the grass, with no control span round, came back across the circuit in front of 3 cars, 2 avoided but 1 collided and ripped off the back corners off both cars severing a fuel line causing a fire on the one left in the middle of the circuit.

Overall good entertainment but grid sizes were lower than normal (recession?) and the visiting races were poor with 1 race only having 5 cars to start.  One race was abandoned completly due to a lack of entries and only the CC Saloons & Formula Fords had full grids.  If we had paid for our tickets at £17.50 each we would have felt short changed.

Daley Down Under

Thanks for the heads up Ken - I've been busy on the Spire this weekend.  Completed front end respray and a variety of small mechancal and fettling jobs.

Adrian