News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Race car conversion

Started by Pitlips, 14, June, 2011, 11:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pitlips

Hi

Has anyone ever concerted a race car to road legal?
The car I've seen is an mk Indy it has lights but isn't road legal.
Just wanted to get an idea of how difficult it would be to make it road legal and roughly how much you think it might cost.

Thanks
Ryan

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Pitlips on 14, June, 2011, 11:31:14 AM
Hi

Has anyone ever concerted a race car to road legal?
The car I've seen is an mk Indy it has lights but isn't road legal.
Just wanted to get an idea of how difficult it would be to make it road legal and roughly how much you think it might cost.

Thanks
Ryan

Plenty of choice of already IVA / SVA'd and registered cars out there. It's a big hassle - be happy that's its been done for you before you buy.

paintman

Stupott built one last year ask him if he had much hassle.  (he's in the U.S.A. at the moment thou) ::)

Dixie

Wouldnt even consider it.  IVA is a total pain in the arse.

Plenty out there already done and registered.  Why bother with the grief of IVA unless it is a give away price?

Mark

David H

agreed. Unless you pull a fast one or the car is spectacular, I wouldn't consider it either.

Pitlips

Thanks for the advice guys I think I'll give that one a miss!
There's a nice mk Indy gsxr 1000 on pistonheads. Maybe that's a better option.
Are the indy's a good car to drive?

Thanks

'The Gaffer'

Your best bet is work out a shortlist, be prepared to do some travelling and have a drive yourself. Only you will know how you will fit in the car and what is comfortable to drive.

If any of the cars on your shortlist belong to a club member here, ask if you can come and take a look. Most owners will tell you their cars are good to drive but it's up to you to make your own mind up.

Pitlips

Ive got it down to two cars...... I think
I want an mk Indy or an mnr vortx, bike engine.
Does anyone have either of these? Or even a bec they wouldn't mind showing me around?

Thanks

peetee

Don't rule out a MAC1 BEC. In my opinion the best looking  ;D

Pitlips

I'm willing to have my mind changed the mac 1 is a good looking car but I've never seen one in the flesh and haven't heard much about them.

peetee

You're welcome to come and look at mine and I'll take you out for a drive. The MAC1 people are really helpful and very knowledgeable. Mine's a Fireblade 929 version.

Pitlips

that would be fantastic thank you, if you let me know when and where and I'll be there!!

peetee

Planning on being at the corner weighting clinic on Saturday if any good? Unless it's pi**ing down?! Otherwise pm me and we'll arrange something. Not sure where you are though?

Pitlips

Track develoments is only 10 mins away from me I live in cam near dursley so I'll definitely try and get there. I've got to work in the morning so might not be able to get there until lunch time.
What time are you and everyone else going to be there?

peetee

Not sure yet? Keep an eye on the TD thread for more info and I'll let you know when I do