+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Half Hour Track session at Castle Combe Sat 22nd Oct £35 - 10 cars on track

Started by Krazyken, 21, September, 2011, 02:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krazyken

As most of you are I am involved with the Stroke Association Day at Castle Combe every year.  The idea of the day is to provide desireable cars that the public will want to ride in for 5 laps and pay between £20-£50 for the thrill, with all money raised going directly to the Stroke Association.

In order to maximise the revenue we are considering offering a half hour track session when the track is quiet either at 9am or at 1pm.  Only 10 cars on track for the session and only from invited clubs, so no idiots.  To make this viable there must be a set number of 10 cars all paying £30 or £35 each (to be determined).  We will also be discussing this with our friends from the BPMC.

Sat 22nd October is also the first day of the Exeter Kit Car Show so one idea could be to do the 9am track session to start the day off well, then travel down to Exeter for the show.  Please post up below if you are interested in either a 9am or 1pm slot.  Once we have all the responses from both clubs I can then post up as to the viability of this.  Obviously the more support it gets the more likely it is to go ahead.  Also the sessions will be open to all cars not restricted to kits so if you have a suitable tin top that will be fine.

Krazyken

I can now confirm the final details for those not going to Exeter.

2pm for Noise Test followed by Grivers Briefing
4.30 - 5pm Track session.
£35 - 10 cars only on track, all club members and no idiots.

You can also have a go at the Autotest BMC are running in the paddock whilst waiting to get out on track if you wish.

Bookings need to me made in advance, so please post up below if you are interested.

Krazyken

Final call for this exclusive event for those going not going to Exeter on the Saturday.  There are still 7 places available, £35 for 30 mins on track, a bargain.

You can pay on the day but will need to book in advance so that the marshalls will let you in on the gate.  Please let me know if you are intending to come along.

crag

Ken

I'm interested am I too late?  Also my other half will need to come along to transport my track tyres, is there likely to be an issue getting her into the paddock in a seperate car? 

Cheers

Craig

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: crag on 21, October, 2011, 04:46:26 PM
Ken

I'm interested am I too late?  Also my other half will need to come along to transport my track tyres, is there likely to be an issue getting her into the paddock in a seperate car? 

Cheers

Craig

Personally I'm sure there would not be a problem with that at all. It's your support vehicle after all. Have fun.

Daley Down Under

My mate Darcy was giving passenger rides in his Radical. Said the day was a blast

Adrian

Krazyken

Crag

Don't know whether you made it but everything needed to be booked in advance.

The day was an outstanding success with £8.5K taken on the day, with a few other donations to follow the total should be over £9K, the best for many years, no doubt helped by the weather.  The radicals were popular as ever with people queuing for up to 2 hours at the busiest time of the day.

Hopefully we can beat the £10K mark next year.

'The Gaffer'