News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Track days coming up

Started by David H, 13, October, 2011, 09:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David H

Ok chaps

I'm booked in at Combe with BHP on November 7th

Also booked to go to Anglesea for the international circuit with Circuit Days on the 19th November.

Anyone who fancies joining me and a few others book on!

Dave  ;D

robp

Good idea to get a couple more trackdays in before the winter.  As you know, I'm a bit Combe'd out but I'll see if I can pop over for a couple of hours and see how you are getting on.  Really interested in the Anglesey day, however.  I will look into that one.  New trackday tyres next week and hopefully new geo on the suspension so got to have a play before the snow arrives.  ::)

David H

'The Gaffer'

Looks like I will be doing Combe on the 7th :)

David H

RobC

Would love to but my cars in bits :(

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: RobC on 16, October, 2011, 10:39:18 AM

Your not breaking your car for spares are you Rob? ;)

David H

Quote from: RobC on 16, October, 2011, 10:39:18 AM

Westfield ownership. Mine spent a lot of time in bits

hoobahole

Only 2 days of holiday left - so will have to give 7th Nov a miss.

Don't want to look like I'm in reverse either....... :-(

robp

So, Dave and Rog....how did you get on at Anglesey? Good circuit? Weather OK?

David H

Anglesey was fantastic. It's my first time there and I will definitely be going back!

The only trouble is that its not next door.

I have been given some Carbon Lorraine pads cheap from Driftworks to test drive and Anglesey was the perfect setting. I have also just had my wheels refurbed and sporting a new stance with a pair of rear wheels added to the front instead of the skinny jobbies that the M division provided for the Health and Safety understeer. The car now has no understeer as it should, coupled with some mental sized AO48s and nearly 3 degrees of camber and the grip is awesome.... for a 1.5 tonne car.

Carbon Lorraine pads are purely sintered metal so don't leave pad deposits when hot on the discs as they don't overheat. I have had problems with Pagid/Stoptech/OEM pads on a few different set ups and have seemingly cooked them, pad deposits being uneven. These pads are able to withstand much more abuse but watch the brake fluid temps.... the brakes need ducting.

Anglesey is a must for any one who enjoys a road trip and a track day in one.

The car with new stance at Anglesey

Daley Down Under

Strip a tonne out and you have the ultimate track day machine

David H

Quote from: MarlboroCar on 29, November, 2011, 02:11:44 PM
Strip a tonne out and you have the ultimate track day machine

I know!

dont tempt me!

'The Gaffer'

alastair

Mate the M3 looks awsome now. I'm Well Jel! I can't help but notice in the second pic that your not taking any chance of kirbing them new wheels by parking that far away from the pavement! :P

David H

Yeah, I park in the middle of the road to be sure! ;D

Here is  a piccy from my day at Combe with Apex today. It was pissing down most of the day so when it finally stopped there was plenty of slippy action to be had. And OMG, semi slicks in the wet at Combe in a 1.5 tonne car with 360HP does produce a lot of action. Very glad I stayed the duration as I learned a lot more about my car.

I have been fiddling with the Geo, installed a quick rack from a z4mc, put a Rogue quick shift on, Polybushes etc and it rides really well.

Looking forward to a dry day to test my laptimer out again. I managed a 1min 27.83 today in the damp and there's plenty to come off that. Not bad for a big car with aircon, stereo, full interior and a passenger.

Apex is a well run, friendly day and I would recommend them to anyone. Mike, the organiser is a total car nut and has been involved in some fairly serious car building in his years. Interesting guy. His Westy made me weep it is so nice.

'The Gaffer'

Car looks great mate, glad you managed to get some action in despite the rain. It takes a brave man to go out there in the wet :)

David H

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 18, February, 2012, 10:36:36 PM
Car looks great mate, glad you managed to get some action in despite the rain. It takes a brave man to go out there in the wet :)

Or stupid

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: David H on 18, February, 2012, 10:45:50 PM
Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 18, February, 2012, 10:36:36 PM

Or stupid

Or both ;D

RMW50

I have had confirmation from Andrew at the Cotswold Westfeild Sports Car Club that he will be sending us information in the next week on the day with them at Curborough on the 8th May, the day after the Kit Car Show. I know it is a long way away for most of you, but it was a great day last year, the Gaffer can vouch for that.

Rich

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: RMW50 on 23, February, 2012, 07:10:09 PM
I have had confirmation from Andrew at the Cotswold Westfeild Sports Car Club that he will be sending us information in the next week on the day with them at Curborough on the 8th May, the day after the Kit Car Show. I know it is a long way away for most of you, but it was a great day last year, the Gaffer can vouch for that.

Rich

Yes a great day out. Heres the track.. Short but very entertaining