News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

marc simoncelli

Started by aliwizard, 24, October, 2011, 09:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aliwizard

just a little word about the  dreadful few weeks we have had in motorsport first dan wheldon ,then yesterday in the moto gp marc simoncelli  dreadful crash r.i.p marco, ride the skys

YellaBelly

'The Gaffer'

Saw the Wheldon crash, it was horrific and to my surprise no other fatalities, R.I.P to them both, very sad losses.

Quarrycars

Very very sad, one has to feel for the families.  Thank goodness motorsport fatalitys are rare these days.
I feel the Dan Weldon crash was partly the result of the American style of motor racing which is designed to be more or a spectacle than a sport.

benhardt57

There are many, many styles of races held in America. If you are referring to Indy car racing, I think only about half the races are on ovals. NASCAR is about 95% ovals. And lots of smaller classes do the ovals too. So, you're right, they're designed for spectators. Road circuit racing is popular too, but the crouds aren't nearly as big.

It's a shame anytime someone pays with his life to entertain us.  :(

Moleman

He was a good rider & not always liked by his fellow riders. We are all glad that it's a rare to have fatal crashes these days but It is a small risk that comes with motor sport.

R.I.P Marco & thoughts to his family. He will be missed on & off the circuit.