+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Cadwell Park trackday on Sunday

Started by robp, 17, November, 2011, 09:51:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robp

Finally, finally, I'm off to Cadwell Park this weekend!  I've wanted to try this circuit for ages.  Open pitlane.  Weather forecast looks good too.  Can't wait!   :D

If you're free, there is still a few places left (Focused Events).

Krazyken

Rob

Great circuit, also know as the mini Nurburgring, drove there in 2009, it's a long way away but worth it as long as the weather is good.

robp

I had a great day yesterday.  Cadwell Park is fantastic.  There was thick fog when we arrived so they wouldn't let us on the track until 10ish.  Fortunately, it soon cleared and we had blue sky for the rest of the day.  I had watched numerous videos of the track on YouTube but I was still amazed of the rise and fall around the circuit.

It's a wonderful circuit which took me ages to learn.  Everyone warned me of how unforgiving it is if you go wrong.  I had one small off (at Mansfield) and a few other people did too but no red flags or damage done.  Barn corner took all day to dry out as it's under the trees so you had to be careful through there.  Hall Bends were mega in the Westfield.  Loved going flat out over the blind crest along Park Straight at full speed.

Despite by best efforts I was unable to get the car airborne over the Mountain!  Car went light and rear wheels span up but no air.  :(

Yes, that blurred red car in the background is the Gaffer's old Riot.  New owner loves the car and was having a great time.

Of course, the only downside is the location.  It's 200 miles away.  Took me over 4 hours to get home yesterday.  Probably could have done it quicker if it were not for the Lincolnshire fog. 

I really hope to go back again sometime.  All in all a great day.  :D :D :D

'The Gaffer'

Great pics Rob, the track looks like a roller coaster :)

Small world isn't it, glad the new owner is having fun in my old car.

YellaBelly

Looks like a good day Rob. Hope you gave my regards to 'Yellabelly' land? :D :D

Daley Down Under

Good man Rob - glad weather was kind. Was on my list - will have to wait a while now. Spire has left Southampton in a container. Arrives in Brisbane on 4th Jan 2012

Adrian

Moleman

That does look like a good track & good fun.  Just got to get mine set up & I will be doing some track days myself next year.

David H

Quote from: Moleman on 27, November, 2011, 08:09:23 PM
That does look like a good track & good fun.  Just got to get mine set up & I will be doing some track days myself next year.

You wont regret it! Track days are amazing fun no doubt. Its a true test of the machinery we have nurtured.

Rob, the car looks the nuts and I can well believe it nailed the circuit all day.

I will try and borrow my old Westy for a 'bees in the jar' day next season!