Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

BKCC/BPMC/Quantum - Llandow Track Day with Tuition - Sat 30th June £75

Started by Krazyken, 30, January, 2012, 07:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Krazyken

We now have a date for our own Llandow Track Day which is Saturday 30th June, close to the longest day when the light will be at its best.  The event will be professionaly run by the Llandow marshals, Open Pit Lane format with a maximum of 30 cars.  The event will be shared by 3 car clubs, BKCC our friends at Bristol Pegasus Motor Club and Quantum Sports Cars.  Quantum will have their latest demonstrator on track for anyone interested in taking a ride or considering a build.  The event is limited to strictly 30 cars only, initially 10 from each club although this can be flexible depending on take up from each club.

For BKCC supporting members, subject to interest and minimum numbers being met, we will provide a professional driving instructor which will be especially welcome for those new to track days or those who would like help in developing their track driving skills.  This will be subsidised by the BKCC depending on interest and the final price for this will be announced once numbers are confirmed.

The cost per car and driver are fixed at £75 with additional drivers (1 per car) at £20.

We have 10 places to fill, at this stage please put your name down below and if you want tuition, please put tuition alongside your name.  This will be on a first come first served basis so get in quick.  If we exceed 10 we will probably be able to take any unwanted places from other clubs so please put your name down even if the first 10 places have gone.

This is an your opportunity to have your own track day with tuition, sharing the track with like minded club members and NO idiots.  A lot of work has gone into organising and co-ordinating this so please make the most of it.   

LAST POST IN THIS THREAD HAS LIST OF ALLOCATED NAMES AND RESERVES

ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST DOWNLOAD THE ATTACHMENT BELOW FOR FULL INFORMATION AND BOOKING FORM THAT NEEDS TO BE POSTED TO KEN ALONG WITH YOUR CHEQUE

If I do not receive entries by 31st May then your place will go to the next person on the reserve list.

Cheque and booking form to be sent to,

Ken Robson
201 Juniper Way
Bradley Stoke
Bristol
BS32 0DP

Krazyken

chrislandy

Lucky Ed

1. Krazyken
2. chrislandy (tuition)
3. Ed P (tuition)

Moleman

1. Krazyken
2. chrislandy (tuition)
3. Ed P (tuition)
4.Moleman (tuition)

Moleman

Hi ken. Was there going to be a track day at Castle combe in July sometime thought I read it somewhere? But I have been known to be wrong? No worrys if not. :-[

Grin-a-lot

Oooh sounds like a great day, thanks for organising..!

1. Krazyken
2. chrislandy (tuition)
3. Ed P (tuition)
4. Moleman (tuition)
5. Grin-a-lot

robp

Yes please.

1. Krazyken
2. chrislandy (tuition)
3. Ed P (tuition)
4. Moleman (tuition)
5. Grin-a-lot
6. robp

RobC

dave_bence

1. Krazyken
2. chrislandy (tuition)
3. Ed P (tuition)
4. Moleman (tuition)
5. Grin-a-lot
6. robp
7. dave_bence (tuition)

stantman

1. Krazyken (tuition)
2. chrislandy (tuition)
3. Ed P (tuition)
4. Moleman (tuition)
5. Grin-a-lot
6. robp
7. dave_bence (tuition)
8.stantman

RobC

1. Krazyken (tuition)
2. chrislandy (tuition)
3. Ed P (tuition)
4. Moleman (tuition)
5. Grin-a-lot
6. robp
7. dave_bence (tuition)
8.stantman
9.RobC

Krazyken

Only 1 place of the guaranteed 10 left.  This is an ideal opportunity for any member who has never done a track day before to do so safely and receive expert tuition in the process. 

stevel

Well be gentle with me as I am a track day virgin, sounds like a good time to start.

Krazyken

steve c

Krazyken

As we now have the 10 allocated places filled, if anyone else is interested please continue to put your names down as I am sure that there will be places available from the other 2 clubs.

As stated before, if you have never done a track day before or would like to improve your skills, this is the perfect opportunity to do so.

stevel

stevel

Probably not, I will be finding my way a bit as it is my first one.  Do we know what the tuition cost is likely to be?

Krazyken

As its your first one, that is all the more reason to get proper tuition.  The final cost of the tuition will be determined by the total number needing tuition and I need to wait for the other clubs to confirm numbers before this can be determined.  What we can say at this point is that the cost of the tuition will be subsidised to Supporting Members.

We have had an excellent response to this event with our allocation having already been taken, having said that I am sure that other clubs will not fill all their places so please keep putting your names down if you are interested.

Quantum owner

Put me down aswel as the track is only 15 miles for me then it be rude not to.

Chris (tuition) my father will properly pop along aswel.

madmarkymark

Gutted - I am not available that weekend.  I have already paid for a different event (as part of a team) - running from Winchester to Eastbourne   :o ... Now I know which one I would have rather done!!!  :'(

madmarkymark

stevel

When will we know if we can get a place on this event?  I may consider the other event in May if i cannot get a place on this one.  Please let me know, thanks in advance.

Krazyken

I hope to have some news on the take up from other clubs by mid March, we have been very active in promoting this and are well ahead of the other 2 clubs so it will take some time for them to be in the same position as us.

Westiebusa

Can you add me to the reserves please?

Richardp

mr tone

'The Gaffer'

Allocated

1. Krazyken (tuition)
2. chrislandy (tuition)
3. Ed P (tuition)
4. Moleman (tuition)
5. Grin-a-lot
6. robp
7. dave_bence (tuition)
8. stantman
9. RobC
10. steve c (tuition)
-------------------------------

Reserves

11. stevel
12. Quantum owner + 1 driver (tuition)
13. Westiebusa
14. Richardp
15. mr tone
16. ?

Krazyken

The good news is that so far BPMC have only had 1 entry so there will more than likely be additional places. 

After Stoneleigh I will issue the payment details to confirm your place.  If anyone has not paid by end of May then their place will be offered to the reserves.  Also at the end of May we will know how may extra places we will be allocatted.

Krazyken

Gents

The time has come to send me your cheques for this event.  Please make your cheque payable to Llandow Circuit and post to me at: -

201 Juniper Way
Bradley Stoke
Bristol
BS32 0DP

If I have not received a cheque by 31st May then your place will be passed on to the next person on the reserve list.  Please read the original posting to work out how much you need to send to allow for instruction, extra drivers etc.

Krazyken

Forgot to include in the last post, you will need to fill out the official entry form to send with your cheque.

For those of you who have requested instruction, our ARDS qualified instructor will be Kyle Tilley who was Castle Combe Formula Ford Champion in 2010 and runner up in the British Endurance Championship in 2011, so you will be in very good hands.

The cost of instruction will be £20 per half hour session but this will be subsidised by the club so the cost will be £10 per person.  There are a maximum of 10 subsidised tuition slots available, so those that have put their name down for tuition can pay this directly to the instructor on the day.  Please bear in mind that you need to send me a cheque, along with the completed form which Phil will attach tonight by the end of this month.

If I do not receive entries by 31st May then your place will go to the next person on the reserve list.

Cheque and booking form (Downloadable from post1 page 1) to be sent to

Ken Robson
201 Juniper Way
Bradley Stoke
Bristol
BS32 0DP

Krazyken

Moleman

chrislandy

Hi Ken,
Did you get my PM/email? I'm going to have to pull out as I won't get the Shelsley fuel leak sorted in time.
Chris.

Krazyken

Hi Chris

Didn't get your pm but am aware now. 

Despite being overbooked I have only received 1 cheque so far from a BKCC member.  You need to get your forms & cheque in to me to secure your place.

Krazyken

Scores on the doors so far: -

Allocated

1. Krazyken (tuition) - PAID
2. Mr Tone - PAID
3. Ed P (tuition) - PAID
4. Moleman (tuition)
5. Stevel
6. robp - PAID
7. dave_bence (tuition) - PAID
8. stantman - PAID
9. RobC
10. steve c (tuition)
-------------------------------

Reserves

1. Quantum owner + 1 driver (tuition)
2. Westiebusa
3. Richardp

Time is running out for those on the allocated list, only 10 days till the deadline.

stantman

Ken I posted cheque yesterday but without the form, I will drop that round to you Wednesday. Cheers

Lucky Ed

stantman

It is Honest :D

Besides I don't see paid next to your name either  :P

And I have had to pay for Mrs Stantman to drive my car on the day! life just isn't fair :o

Lucky Ed

Sorry Stantman, I didn't mean to doubt your honesty - I was trying to tell Ken my cheque was on the way :-[ ;D