Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

BKCC/BPMC/Quantum - Llandow Track Day with Tuition - Sat 30th June £75

Started by Krazyken, 30, January, 2012, 07:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Krazyken

Grin-a-lot

I'm afraid I'll have to be the first casualty of the weekend, now need to be in work so my place can go to first reserve.

Krazyken

Stevel is in, please send me a cheque ASAP

Allocated

1. Krazyken (tuition) - PAID
2. Mr Tone - PAID
3. Ed P (tuition) - PAID
4. Moleman (tuition)
5. Stevel
6. robp - PAID
7. dave_bence (tuition) - PAID
8. stantman - PAID
9. RobC
10. steve c (tuition)
-------------------------------

Reserves

1. Quantum owner + 1 driver (tuition)
2. Westiebusa
3. Richardp
4. Nigel - PAID IN ADVANCE

Westiebusa

Quote from: Krazyken on 24, May, 2012, 10:22:04 PM
Stevel is in, please send me a cheque ASAP

Allocated

2. Mr Tone - PAID
3. Ed P (tuition) - PAID
4. Moleman (tuition)
5. Stevel
6. robp - PAID
8. stantman - PAID
9. RobC
10. steve c (tuition)

Reserves

2. Westiebusa
3. Richardp
Hi Ken,
Bit of a disaster yesterday for me, but heh ho brush myself down and get it fixed!! lol. Ken don't own a cheque book so will pop cash over if I get a place! could u add Plus 1 driver,  got a very disappointed son as it would of been his  first time :( !!!!!
Thanks,
Ade

Krazyken

Update on Spaces and Payments

Allocated

2. Mr Tone (tuition) - PAID
3. Ed P (tuition) - PAID
4. Moleman (tuition) - PAID
5. Stevel (tuition)
6. robp - PAID
8. stantman - PAID
9. RobC
10. steve c (tuition)

Reserves

2. Westiebusa
3. Richardp

For those that have not paid from the allocated list by 31st May, the remainder of the places will be allocated on a first come first served basis according to payment.  Please bear in mind that Nigel is ahead of the game and has already sent me a cheque to secure any place that becomes available.  There may be places available from other clubs not taking their allocation but that is not guaranteed.

stevel

Hi Ken

Glad to see I now have a place.  Cheque and form sent today, please can you put me down for tuition if available.  How does the tuition work, do you get an allocated time slot?  This will be my first track session so all a bit new to me.

Krazyken

Tuition is paid cash on the day it's £20 for 30 mins, £10 of which will be paid by the club for Supporting Members for a max of 10 members.

The instructor Kyle Tilley is very experienced and will organise the running order on the day.

mr tone

Hi Ken is it to late to book tuition if not please put me down Tony ps as you know from sat i need it !

Krazyken

Mr Tone

I have added you in for tuition, done forget to put some GrowMore in your underpants the night before.  ;D

Krazyken

Updated and on Page 4 - this is getting popular

Allocated

3. Ed P (tuition) - PAID
5. Stevel (tuition) - PAID
6. robp - PAID
8. stantman - PAID
9. Nigel - PAID
10. steve c (tuition) - PAID

Reserves

2. Westiebusa
3. Richardp
4. Adam7

Krazyken

ONLY 1 DAY LEFT TO PAY FOR AN ALLOCATED PLACE

From Friday 1st June I will determine how many places are left, so that the reserves can send payment.  I know that BPMC are undersubscribed for their places and Quantum are Oversubscribed so keep logging on to find out the latest on available places.

It looks like Nigel will take RobC's place (unless there is a cheque arriving tomorrow) of the guaranteed 10 as he has already sent me a cheque.

Keep logging on to check how the spare places will be allocatted and if you want to join in the fun, get a post & form in the post to me quickly.

adam7

Trackday at LLandow - yes, please add me to the reserve list. Ill no doubt pop down to watch if not drive.
Adam

Krazyken

We have 4 additional places, so those on the reserve list please print off the form, complete and send to me with your cheque.  First come first served.

3. Ed P (tuition) - PAID
6. robp - PAID
8. stantman - PAID
9. Nigel (tuition) - PAID

Reserves - Spaces Now Available

2. Westiebusa
3. Richardp
4. RobC

Westiebusa

Quote from: Krazyken on 31, May, 2012, 06:00:07 PM
We have 4 additional places, so those on the reserve list please print off the form, complete and send to me with your cheque.  First come first served.

3. Ed P (tuition) - PAID
6. robp - PAID
8. stantman - PAID
9. Nigel - PAID
11. adam7 - PAID
12.Westiebusa + 1 driver

Reserves - Spaces Now Available

2. Westiebusa
3. Richardp
4. RobC

nigel

Hi Ken

Is it to late to book some (tuition) for the 30th .

Regards

Krazyken

Hi Nigel

You can still book tuition but as you are not currently a supporting member it will be £20 rather than £10.  I will add you to the list.

Quantum owner

Im having to pull out my car is not in any state to be on the road at the minute let alone racing round a track but might pop down as it's only half hour from me. But will be doing a track day latter on in the year when my exocet is built.

Krazyken

Current allocation is, cheques will be sent to Llandow tomorrow.

3. Ed P (tuition) - PAID
6. robp - PAID
8. stantman - PAID
9. Nigel - PAID

If there are any late additions please let me know ASAP.

nigel

Hi Ken

Excellent thank you ,ill sort out my member ship this weekend .

Regard

Nigel

Krazyken

In answer to texts and emails, there is NO confirmation paperwork.  If you have paid then just turn up on the day at 8.30am with your driving licence, helmet etc. as any other track day.

See you there. ;D

paul

Hi Ken,
Are there any last minute places still available?
I note that at one point you had 14 places, but now only 10 signed up so thought it might be worth asking...

Thanks,
Paul

Krazyken

Hi Paul

No more places left, any spare places we had were given to the other clubs and have been filled.

mr tone

Just back from  llandow what a great day with good weather,thanks  Ken.  See you all at the drag strip 7th July Tony

'The Gaffer'

Had a great day, even without a car. Thanks for the passenger rides guys :)

Ed (Lucky is his new nickname) didnt fair too well today with a few things coming loose followed by a momentous spin caused by a broken rear wishbone. The track was closed for a short time while he was recovered. Believe it or not, the car still rolled on all 4 wheels :o

Lucky Ed

Thanks for organising such a great day Ken, I really enjoyed it depite all of my mishaps - and sorry to you guys for ruining your last run of the day, but the marshals were a bit slow at dragging my stricken car out of the way :-[

I think the wishbone failure was due to the extra stress generated by new wider rear slicks and the driver being a bit aggressive over the kerbs  :o So some stronger wishbones needed along with some smoother driving ;D

I'm determined not to be put off by these hiccups - I'm having too much fun ;D ;D ;D Thanks to all for the great company.

Could be time to change my username to a more appropriate handle Phil!! ;D

Krazyken

Hear Hear - my vote goes to Lucky Ed for Ed P and Draggin Dave for Dave Bence.

Ed had a catalogue of mishaps finished off by the wishbone breakage you see above and Dave had his exhaust support break resulting in him dragging his exhaust around the circuit.  I think Dave is a bit confused after watching the interview with top F1 aerodynamicist Adrian Newey about drag, this is not the sort of drag he had in mind.

Great day with a perfect number of cars at only 23, lots of track time for everyone and Colin (moleman) even managed a 48.8 sec lap improving on his previous best of 50.44.  Also,extra thanks to Kyle Tilley our ARDS instructor who did his best to keep everyone on the black stuff.

Don't forget to tune in on your PC's tonight to Badley Stoke Radio between 6pm & 7pm for a full feature on the day.

Moleman

What a good day. We were so lucky with the weather.
I really managed to hook up some good laps at the end. Think it was because I didn't have to keep moving over for Robp coming through like I wasn't moving.   ::)
So my last run of the day was really good lucky ed, no need to apologise.  :)  Hope you get it fixed ok?
Though I did have afew other guys spin out in front of me several times during the day. One person from our club. I won't name him but he nearly had my tyre prints over his car to match the tiger prints.  :o 
It was good to see so many of our club members doing really well so thanks to everyone for a good day & hope to see you all on a trackday some time soon.  :)

Krazyken

Did anyone hear the Track Day Review on Bradley Stoke Radio tonight????????????????

All the interviews were played - 30 mins of the programme were dedicated to the track day and I gave "Lucky Ed" the 15 mins of fame that Andy Warhol promised him.  :P :P :P

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Krazyken on 01, July, 2012, 08:06:26 PM
Did anyone hear the Track Day Review on Bradley Stoke Radio tonight????????????????

All the interviews were played - 30 mins of the programme were dedicated to the track day and I gave "Lucky Ed" the 15 mins of fame that Andy Warhol promised him.  :P :P :P

Is it on a podcast?

stevel

It was a great day and for my first I really enjoyed it, maybe a little bit too much.  I have no idea who Colin is talking about spinning out in front of him I was just using as much of track as I could  :D.  Thanks to everybody for the help and advice hope to see you all soon.  Really sorry for Ed hope you can weave your magic and a big hammer to get it fixed soon, it did make me realise I had a 2 hour drive home and after my earlier spin called it a day and headed home.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: stevel on 01, July, 2012, 09:06:34 PM
It was a great day and for my first I really enjoyed it, maybe a little bit too much.  I have no idea who Colin is talking about spinning out in front of him I was just using as much of track as I could  :D.  Thanks to everybody for the help and advice hope to see you all soon.  Really sorry for Ed hope you can weave your magic and a big hammer to get it fixed soon, it did make me realise I had a 2 hour drive home and after my earlier spin called it a day and headed home.

Its easy to overdo it a bit and loose concentration, thats the time to stop before something happens ;D

Sorry I didnt get much of a chance to say Hello Steve but pleased you had a great first track day.

Lucky Ed

Great advice there Gaffer - I should listen to you more often ;D

Steve - pleased you had an enjoyable first track day, you were going alot quicker than you think - get some stickier rubber and you'll be flying ;D Had the big agricultural hammer out today, the driveshaft is totally U.S. but have found a pair cheap on ebay and the rest of the damage is repairable with the afore mentioned hammer. The outer end of the wishbone simply split under the load, letting go of the rubber bush. The plan is to replace the flimsy end with a heavy duty 18mm rose joint if I can find a thread to match - McGill Motorsports look like a good bet unless anybody knows any better.....

So, what appeared to be yet another disaster is looking like a reasonably cheap and easy fix.

'Lucky Ed' strikes again ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sorry to have missed the radio broadcast Ken, I dread to think what you said :o

robp

Great to see everyone yesterday.  We were so lucky with the weather.  Only rain was when I got back to Bristol; got soaked whilst unloading the trailer!  Was hoping to get some good video footage on Stantman's rearfacing GoPro.  On returning to the pits we discovered the battery was flat and it had stopped recording before he'd got on the circuit!  Next time....

Lots of photos of us on Matthew Miller's website http://www.mmphotos.co.uk/llandow-car-track-day-30th-june-2012

alastair

It looks like you guys had a great day, and great weather! I was doing a 24 hour charity run over the weekend in the rain, hence not being able to come along. Pretty gutted really.
Lucky Ed - that looks like it could have been much worse. You were, as your name goes, lucky!

dave_bence

A great day, really enjoyed it :D

Nice of it to stay dry!

Having seen the weather forecast the night before, I didn't bother taking my slicks. As a result I totally trashed both the soft R888s on the front of my car :o

Good to see all the usual track day regulars and a few new faces as well.

I enjoyed watching Kyle take Connor out for a few laps late in the day - my little car goes quite well with a decent driver :-[

Thanks to all involved in the organising and running of this event 8)

stantman

Cheers  from me, had a great day, apart from messing up the GO Pro footage for Robp.

Wheel & weight clinic a few weeks ago improved the car handling the tyres were the new limitinig factor (along side my driving ability).

I also didn't bring my slicks because of the weather and despite me and Mrs Stan sharing the drive the ancient (about 7 years I think as they were fitted by the previous owner) Goodyears on the car still look like they could cover another 10,000 miles.

I have bitten the bullet and ordered 4  Toyo R1R's off of ebay with the hope that Steve in his tigger doesn't get away from me if he invests in new rubber.

Mrs Stan really enjoyed it as her first track day and says thanks to all who said hello, but did question whether any other halves ever drive at the track days.

She also got faster when I stuck a large enough cushion behind her so she could full press the loud pedal. (Mrs Stan is 6' but I am 6'5") ;D

Any one know how I can do one of thoes bag of foam moulded seat things to insert in my seat for her as she now wants to do more track days  :o

Moleman

I'm in the same situation as you as my girlfriend cant drive my car as she is a shorty too. She is 5'3" & i'm a massive 5'6"  :P
But she only like's going out in it in nice weather anyway.  ::)

Krazyken

I will try to get a copy of the radio footage uploaded to the site.

stevel

I have just received the CD of my photos and can say they are brilliant, great value at a tenner, well worth a look.

Lucky Ed

Quote from: stevel on 04, July, 2012, 09:05:28 PM
I have just received the CD of my photos and can say they are brilliant, great value at a tenner, well worth a look.

I agree with Steve, great value CD and photos, having looked at mine I have decided my car looks better with 4 wheels on it :D

Just about got the Mac1 back together. Managed to get a pair of half shafts off ebay and am replacing the old rubber bush joint on the upper wishbone, with quality rose joint which should be 10 times stronger. Soon be time to see what else I can break ;D ;D

The little bugger that caused all the damage

Just beyond repair I think :o

New shaft painted and ready to go.
Should be back on the road by Sunday PM ;D 8)