Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Curborough sprint. Private track invite. 08.05.12

Started by 'The Gaffer', 02, May, 2012, 12:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

'The Gaffer'

We have had an invite from Andrew Reeves of WSCC to attend a day out at the Curborough sprint track the day after Stoneleigh. A few of us did this last year and had a really good day. See http://bristolkitcarclub.co.uk/smf2/index.php?topic=1315.0

Below is copy of mailshot to me from Andrew, it contains all the info you need. Please put your name down on this thread too if you plan on going.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WSCC COTSWOLD AREA
OUR OWN PRIVATE DAY AT CURBOROUGH

DATE        TUESDAY 8th MAY 2012
TIME      9.00 a.m. for Drivers Briefing
WHERE   just off the A38 near Fradley past Lichfield – see website
NOISE   nothing to worry about
WEB      www.curborough.co.uk
COST   £55 per car for the whole day

This will be the third time we have booked Curborough exclusively for our own use so it is a PRIVATE DAY  -- as before we have invited our WSCC neighbours to be sure of getting the numbers to cover the track hire costs. By direct booking we cut out the middleman and give you excellent value for money  -- but numbers are limited to just 15

For those of you who haven't been to Curborough before you will find a short but tricky sprint venue on the edge of the old Fradley airfield  --- It is the ideal time to bring your car out and enjoy a low pressure car and driver testing day. We will be running everything ourselves in a friendly and informal way but will still pay full attention to safety --- you will be asked to take turns in doing some marshalling and start supervision.

BOOKING      First send me an email (Andrew@jasprint.com) or phone me 01684 592277 and I'll reserve you a place, then please send your cheque for £55 made out to "Andrew Reeves" and post it to the below address without delay.

BRIEF FACTS FOR THE DAY   
·   Clothes --- do come with crash helmet and dress to keep arms and legs covered (no need for racing kit) just as you would for a track day --- email/call me with any queries
·   Track and Facility Details  --- look on the Curborough website www.curborough.co.uk
·   Liability Insurance – we are fully covered by a policy operated by the owners of the track, the Shenstone and District Car Club, an FSA  affiliated organisation .
·   Medical Support – we hope to have a first-aider available
·   Fire Equipment   --- we will have a complete set of the appropriate fire extinguishers
·   Second drivers will be allowed but passengers are not allowed

Driver Instruction  -- WSCC Speed Series Winner Stu Hill has offered to come and give us the benefit of his experience (100's of laps he claims!)
CAMPING OVERNIGHT   For the first year a few of us came on direct from the Stoneleigh Kitcar Show to Curborough on the Monday evening and camped overnight at the Curborough. Last year there were no takers for this but this year I will be staying at a local B&B to enjoy a few bevvies and a supper at nearby local hostelry. If you want to camp just let me know and I will open up the course grounds for you --- washing and lavatory facilities are on site  -- these are a bit basic.

ANDREW REEVES
AO for COTSWOLD (Cheltenham+Gloucester+N.Wilts) AREA
The Old Tythe Barn,  School Lane ,Ripple. Gloucestershire  GL20 6EU
Tel  01684 592277 or 594440
email andrew@jasprint.com      WEB   www.wscc.tfwebdesign.co.uk

'The Gaffer'

Yep, looks like I have the last place for this 8)

'The Gaffer'

Well it looks like only Rich (RMW50) and me were the only takers on this event but what a great day. We both met some new and old faces from the WSCC Cotswolds and what a great bunch of people they are.

The day started with a walk to familerise ourselves with the track with advice from Speed Series Winner Stu Hill, a great guy who advised on peoples driving and cars all day. It was a shame that my best laps were the last ones of the day.

The weather was good with some blue sky, I was almost tempted to put my aircon on :-[

The walk - The track may not look too wide but only one car was allowed out at a time, just as in a sprint.

A couple start line pics

My Alpina Z4 looking a little out of place, but I was made very welcome

A couple of kind WSCC members brought a BBQ

If this event runs again next year I will want to be there.

Grin-a-lot

I'm certainly envious, I couldn't get the day off to do this one but sprintin is definitely on my to-do list!