Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky Ed

New wheels and slicks on.

Room for a little one!

Getting warm!

A great day out - and no rain! ;D

Moleman

Glad the rain stayed away.   :D 
How did the slicks feel?   Did you notice the difference up to R888 etc? As I have a spare set of wheels & is thinking of getting a set, though I'm doing my first trackday on the 26th may so I may wait until I'm abit more experienced at it first. 

'The Gaffer'

Couple more, fantastic weather all day. Probably the only place in the UK with no rain.

Lucky Ed

Quote from: Moleman on 30, April, 2012, 09:08:48 PM
Glad the rain stayed away.   :D 
How did the slicks feel?   Did you notice the difference up to R888 etc? As I have a spare set of wheels & is thinking of getting a set, though I'm doing my first trackday on the 26th may so I may wait until I'm abit more experienced at it first. 

I have been lucky enough to drive on slicks before so I knew what to expect, and would think they would out perform 888's in the warm and dry, but it goes to show how good 888's are but they are now soooo expensive, whereas a set of second hand slicks has only cost me £100 fitted and should last quite a few track days.

As far as feel and handling are concerned, the big difference is they offer bugger all grip when cold so you have to be fairly aggressive with steering and brake input for the first lap and a half and after that the levels of grip are fantastic - to quote the Gaffer "they grip like ****!". Once up to temperature they feel quite sqidgy compared to road tyres and you feel that they are going to let go at first, but the more you lean on them the better they get you just have to get used to a bit of drift and slide under power and also a sqirmy feel under heavy braking.

Great fun and highly recommended - get a set - it's a no brainer ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Moleman