News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Track day fuel

Started by stevel, 25, June, 2012, 02:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevel

Hi Guys

I will be doing my first track day this weekend at LLandow.  Not having the luxury of a trailer I will have to drive to and from the circuit so will have to bring all with me.  I intend filling up just before I arrive and have some cans to fill up also.  How much fuel do you typically get through in a day at LLandow as i do not want to disappear looking for fuel during the day.  I am sure there will be many variables but I am running a standard Zetec on carbs.

robp

Depends on how much time you spend on track.  I usually take a 20 litre jerry can with me.  Normally, I've burnt what was in the car plus the jerry can by lunchtime.  Then I go out and fill up the car and can which will last the afternoon.

I'm at Llandow too this weekend so see you there.

Moleman

I did my first trackday at Llandow 4 weeks ago & got through one tank & half a large jerry can (think it's a 20 litre like rob's?)
I'm gonna be there this sat too so if you would like me to take a large jerry can (rather than lots of little one's) for you I will have room in my van if you like? just pm me & we can arrange a evening this week you can bring it round.  :)

Lucky Ed

My Zetec on 45's used a about 60lts during a full day at Pembrey, and I was rationing it a bit towards the end of the day!

This seems to be on par with what RobP has already said

If it's a wet day it will reduce consumption alot

Hope to see you there if I can get mine fixed in time ::)

dave_bence

I take the car on a trailer and usually do 150 - 160 miles on track.

It'll use 40 - 45 litres if it's dry, much less if it's wet.

stevel

Thanks for all the feedback, looks like the fill up just before I get there and the cans then a trip at lunchtime like Rob suggests.  See you all there, it will be my first one so really looking forward to it and a bit apprehensive at the same time!!

Krazyken

Probably best to allow for 60 litres on the day, that way you will be covered