Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Birthday Track day 1st October

Started by David H, 17, September, 2012, 09:51:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David H

Hello everyone! ;D

Its my birthday on the 27th of this month and to celebrate I am going to a BHP track day at Combe on the 1st October. Its been a while since I've even seen my car let alone driven it. House renovations and preparations for the arrival of our new family member have taken over so I'm looking forward to dusting off and getting stuck in!

It would be great to see some friends there and I know a few have already booked,

Hope your all well, see you soon!

Regards

Dave :P

'The Gaffer'

Daley Down Under

Happy Birthday for next week mate - I'll be there in spirit chasing you up over Avon Rise and into Quarry. Have a good one

Adrian

Moleman

Im away until this weekend but would love to do it. is it a case of ringing castle combe to book this date or do i need to do it through bhp ( sorry dont know who bhp is? )

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Moleman on 18, September, 2012, 05:38:15 PM
Im away until this weekend but would love to do it. is it a case of ringing castle combe to book this date or do i need to do it through bhp ( sorry dont know who bhp is? )

Just Google BHP trackdays and book with them direct. They run a good day.

Moleman

Moleman

David H

There's quite a few going now it seems. Should be a good day!!

Adrian, it wont be the same without you.

Daley Down Under

Dave - can't believe it. Been here a year today and haven't been near a track. That will have to change in the next year

Adrian

alastair

I'm working, but don't think there is much due in so I may be able to pop along and spectate if nothing else. If I don't see you Dave, have a great birthday!

Grin-a-lot

First day of my promotion at work so best not spend it on track and shoud go into the office.

Have a great way though (and Happy Birthday).

Grin-a-lot

So how was yesterday's track day guys?!?

'The Gaffer'

The day was a great succes in the most part, the track was very slippery first thing but soon dried out and remained completely dry under some sunshine until about 4.15 when a big shower damped things down a bit. Most people started to pack up then but had managed a lot of track time.

DaveH's car suffered some brake vibration during the afternoon so he hung his helmet up, Moleman was going like the clappers in his Westie and is now a true track convert. We had a slightly anxious newbie join us for his first track day in his scooby but with nerves settled he was out there on track right to the end with a big grin on his face., he cant wait for the next one now :)

Rogers new Elise performed well with no problems but 2 Spires in our group arrived and both spent literally all day trying to get their cars past the sound check. Frustratingly they had to give up in the end vowing never to come back :(

Alastair turned up in his nice M3 and although it wasn't tracked, he managed a passenger ride or two.

Another member in our group, Andrew, had 2 very small holes appear in his gearbox housing. they were only a few mm wide, and despite a temp repair with some filler the car was put back on the trailer.

All in all I was very happy with the way my car performed, the new KW coilovers really are fantastic.

Hope to do one or two more by the end of the year.

Moleman

It was a really good day. open pits & not many cars equals lots & lots of track time.  I've never used so much petrol on a track day before. ;D It was good to meet afew guys for the first time & catch up with others.

I can finally say my belt problem is sorted. The westy went well. I think the recovery truck only went out once in the whole day?

I was out when the rain finally came. I stayed out awhile until it really came down hard. It didn't last long though so I went out again at 4.25 the get some experience in damp conditions. I ending up out there until the checkered flag. I had the track to myselt all that time & even made a dry line in places as the track got quicker towards the end.

I was close to running out of petrol by the time the flag came out so I came in to find only two other cars still about.
Thanks for the heads up Dave & I will difinitely recomend booking trackdays with BHP Trackday in future.  ;D