Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

BKCC/BPMC Llandow Track Day - Sat 29th June

Started by Krazyken, 09, March, 2013, 06:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Krazyken

The date has now been set full details in due course but if you are interested please put your name down below.

This will be dedicated to the BKCC/BPMC plus other invited clubs if we need to make the numbers up.  Cost is expected to be £75 per car and we only need 16 cars to make it viable.  There will be much more track time than the CKC event due to the lower number of cars.

Edit: Added to calendar.

Moleman

No surprise but count me in.  :D
I do recomend this one to anyone who hasn't done one before. you will be so pleased you gave it a go & any of you bike engine cars out there you will find it much easier to get through the noise scrutineering than castle combe.  :D

robp

Lucky Ed

Count me in for this one, it was a great day out last year  8)

fullpint

Quote from: Moleman on 09, March, 2013, 06:54:41 PM
I do recomend this one to anyone who hasn't done one before. you will be so pleased you gave it a go & any of you bike engine cars out there you will find it much easier to get through the noise scrutineering than castle combe.  :D
Just been on there web site and they too have a 105db limit  :(

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: fullpint on 10, March, 2013, 09:57:21 AM
Quote from: Moleman on 09, March, 2013, 06:54:41 PM
Just been on there web site and they too have a 105db limit  :(

No one has ever been near any of my cars there with a Db meter.

Moleman

I agree with the gaffer. I have never seen them do any noise checks there at all.

mr tone

Please put me down for this event,give me a prompt and i will pay thanks Tony   

stevel

Put me down please, for a space I mean, it was a great day last year.  as above I think you would be fine Steve they never seem to run noise tests at any of their events and it is all fairly relaxed atmosphere.

dave_bence

alastair

steve c

'The Gaffer'

I will do a few laps if my Alpina is allowed :-*

matty78

Hi guys

If you still have spaces, I'd be interested in this day.

Krazyken

OK time for a list.

1. Moleman
2. Rob P
3. Lucky Ed
4. Mr Tone
5. Steve L
6. Dave Bence
7. Steve C
8. The Gaffer
9. Matty78
10. alastair

Any more before I send details to BPMC?

alastair

'The Gaffer'

Please download the attached form and post to ken with your cheque. Full details on form.

alastair

My cheque is in the post on its way to you ken.

Cheers for putting this day together!  :D

Krazyken

I have received 3 cheques & forms so far.  Please can you get the rest to me, the cheques will not be cashed until a few weeks before the event but we need sufficient entries to make the event viable.

Lucky Ed

Sorry Ken, forgot all about it will get it in the post on Monday ;) ;D

Westiebusa

Quote from: Krazyken on 01, April, 2013, 01:05:47 PM
OK time for a list.

1. Moleman
2. Rob P
3. Lucky Ed
4. Mr Tone
5. Steve L
6. Dave Bence
7. Steve C
8. The Gaffer
9. Matty78
10. alastair
11. Westiebusa

Any more before I send details to BPMC?

eaa53

. :-\

Griff

How's this circuit really about noise? Just been noise tested (I prefer the term sound check) and it errrr was errr 108db.....

That is twice (and a bit) as loud as the website's 105db limit

sounds good ;)

Grin-a-lot

I've only been there once and don't recall a sound check, that said 3dB above is quite a difference and you might be rumbled.

I think it's a bit risky!

stevel

Never seen anybody sound checked at Llandow yet.

Lucky Ed

No sound check last year, and it all seemed very relaxed in the way the day was run.

Having said that 108db is pretty loud. Last year I managed to repack my can with some motorbike re-packing material I had left over, and got it down from 102 to 96db tested at Combe - and if it will pass there it will pass anywhere, but if you are running a BEC it might be induction noise you're up against - a bit harder to solve :o

matty78

Never been tested in the 6 years I've been going there.  They dont sound test any cars on that track.

Krazyken

To date only 8 cars have entered which will not make the event viable for Llandow.  If you intend to enter you need to get your form & cheque over to me ASAP as a decision will need to be made soon.  Your cheques will not be cashed until a few weeks before the event.

If we cannot get at least 16 cars between the 3 clubs then there will be no point in organising this event in the future.  This is a unique opportunity to have exclusive use of the track and paddock for ourselves but will only be viable if it is properly supported as it has been in the past.

Moleman

I have another person who wants to do it if thats ok mate.  I can bring a cheque over monday night if it is?
Also did you get my other cheque?  :)

alastair

I dont mean to stand on your toes ken but it may be an idea to put a list up od people who still need to pay. It might jolt people into paying.

stevel

Named & shamed!!  Apologies, form and cheque in the post today (honestly  ;D).  See you all soon.

Krazyken

GOOD NEWS

Llandow have now confirmed that they will put the day on with only 10 cars.  With SteveL having now booked, it only needs Molemans mate to come up with a booking and it will be a cracking day for those that do attend as it will be like having our own private race track.

I am also promoting this on my new BSR radio show Krazy Kens Motoring Madness so I will be calling on some of you (if not all) to give some rides to the lucky winner.

Moleman

He has picked up the form from me tonight & as he only lives around the corner from you he will drop it through your letterbox tomorrow mate.  :)

dave_bence

That is good news KK  8)

With only 10 cars, loads of track time ;D

I'd better buy another jerry can or two :D

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: dave_bence on 22, May, 2013, 10:43:02 PM
That is good news KK  8)

With only 10 cars, loads of track time ;D

I'd better buy another jerry can or two :D

And some more tyres :D

Moleman

I think I'm going to have to hire a fuel truck.  ;)

Lucky Ed

Great news - it should make for a good day out.

I'll try and keep four wheels on my car this time :o

stevel

I am sure we can persuade a few more people at the BBQ on Saturday.  I am sure Fullpint will want to come and there is no noise testing so he will have no excuses!!!

alastair

Great job ken! If its like last week where 10 cars were allowed on track at any given time then we could be out on track all day.
However, we may get a bit dizzy  ???
Im really lookong forward to it now.

Can we all pray for good weather please!  :D

Moleman

We could do a deal for anyone in our club who would like to do one but is still not sure about it.
Like a half day there for £40 or something?  Just A thought?  :)

Don't get me wrong 10 cars is fine by me.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
If anyone in the club that aint doing it but may come & have a look then they are welcome to a ride around if they wish?  ;)