Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

BKCC/BPMC Llandow Track Day - Sat 29th June

Started by Krazyken, 09, March, 2013, 06:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

'The Gaffer'

It would be a great opportunity for track day newbies to have a go. No noise problems, smaller track that is pretty safe in comparison to some, great pit camaraderie and great value.

Anybody that wants a go will certainly be looked after by more experienced track day drivers.

Don't be shy, it's not that scary really and it's not a race either, you will simply drive at your own pace for as long as you want...

AsboMan

Hi , Ken I was just wondering if there is space left on the track day at llandow on 29th June  if so can I book it. Thanks Robin. (Asboman)

Moleman

Don't let him go ken. He kept passing me at Llandow with C.K.C a few weeks ago, making it look like I wasn't moving!! :o :o :o :o :o

Only joking Asboman.  :P

AsboMan

Have you seen the you tube footage ASBO2 it scared me.

Moleman

AsboMan

Quote from: Moleman on 30, May, 2013, 06:58:30 PM
You should put it on here.  ;D

I found a young person (tech support guy) to do this for me as I don't do this sort of thing  :o .

fullpint

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: fullpint on 31, May, 2013, 08:25:53 PM
Thats quick.. 8)

That's an understatement, the Asbo,s are remarkable cars. Be nice to see one on track again.

Moleman

I'm on there. I'm just over taking another yellow westy with a bee on the back of it just before the chicane at 6.50 on the time counter.  ;D Then you overtake me at 7.30.  :'(
You also see me on every lap.  :o well my yellow van that is.  ::)

That is a nice quick car you got there.  ;)

Krazyken

We now have the minimum of 10 cars so the day is definitely on.  If ASBO2Man joins us (that's Robin) then we will have 11.  All the track time you want and no queuing ;D ;D ;D.

underdog

hi do you have any spaces left for this please. id like to book on a prob 2 mates if possible please.

thanks

Krazyken

You will need to join the club then PM me with your details.

underdog

thanks ken. i found the details on pegasus site and i spoke to a ken robson monday. is that you by any chance? iv joined the pegasus club and my cheque and application form went in the post today  :D

cant wait. thanks

Krazyken

As the date approaches I seem to be getting a number of enquiries along the lines of: -

Is there any space mate?
Can I turn up on the day with a cheque?
I've got some mates who are up for it can we bring 4 cars along?

The answer to all of these is NO!  The event is dedicated to members of Bristol Kit Car Club and Bristol Pegasus Motor Club ONLY.  I have informed the people enquiring that in order to partake in the day they must join one or other of the clubs and that driving standards will be strictly policed on the day for the benefit and enjoyment of everyone.

Moleman

Lucky Ed

Nice one Ken, you'll have enough trouble keeping us lot in order yet alone the backwards cap brigade :o 8)

underdog

Quote from: Krazyken on 16, June, 2013, 05:44:42 PM
As the date approaches I seem to be getting a number of enquiries along the lines of: -

Is there any space mate?
Can I turn up on the day with a cheque?
I've got some mates who are up for it can we bring 4 cars along?

The answer to all of these is NO!  The event is dedicated to members of Bristol Kit Car Club and Bristol Pegasus Motor Club ONLY.  I have informed the people enquiring that in order to partake in the day they must join one or other of the clubs and that driving standards will be strictly policed on the day for the benefit and enjoyment of everyone.

lol sounds like my phone call that. as said though iv joined pegasus and posted cheque and form to you and also my brother has done likewise. our names are steve and david edwards so would be great if you could confirm you have recieved our cheques please.

thanks

Krazyken

Hi Underdog

As long as you have joined one of the clubs then no problem, I just wanted to make the point that it will be a dedicated controlled club event and not a free for all.  I have received your 2 entries today with cheques and will send these off at the weekend.

Look forward to meeting you and your brother on the 29th June.

underdog

Quote from: Krazyken on 17, June, 2013, 09:12:27 PM
Hi Underdog

As long as you have joined one of the clubs then no problem, I just wanted to make the point that it will be a dedicated controlled club event and not a free for all.  I have received your 2 entries today with cheques and will send these off at the weekend.

Look forward to meeting you and your brother on the 29th June.

thanks. if you need my membership number i can pm to you?

underdog

how many are going on this now? cant wait for it now but i may get spanked by your kit cars. i seen asbo 2 earlier in the year at llandow and its very fast.

alastair

Quote from: underdog on 21, June, 2013, 10:26:28 PM
how many are going on this now? cant wait for it now but i may get spanked by your kit cars. i seen asbo 2 earlier in the year at llandow and its very fast.
Hi underdog, what car are your bringing? If you get spanked by the kit cars, it means I may have a chance of overtaking someone! :P

underdog

Quote from: alastair on 22, June, 2013, 10:00:23 AM
Hi underdog, what car are your bringing? If you get spanked by the kit cars, it means I may have a chance of overtaking someone! :P

hi alastair. ive got a st170 focus track car. this is my build thread from passionford

http://passionford.com/forum/restorations-rebuilds-and-projects/442304-project-underdog-st170-track-car-8.html

if your taking the mini in your sig? then i suspect thats very quick too. i timed a mini a few months back at 45 secs a lap which was same as i timed asbo2 so they can be awesome on llandow.

Jasperpilchards

Hi All,

Id really like to come along as well and sorry for being so on the fence but I really am not gunna know if I can make it for another couple of days due to work.
just wondering if there is still space for one more and if I paypal the fees on wednesday if that would be ok?

JP

Krazyken

Jasper P

There should be room for you, we are currently up to 16 cars and the event will be capped at 20 to ensure plenty of track time for everyone.  I have a number of people threatening to book in at the last minute so it will be first come first served for the last 4 places.

Jasperpilchards

Moleman

This ain't always the case. I put a video on the the forum of the last Llandow trackday in May where Alastair was over taking some westy's.  8)

underdog

Quote from: Moleman on 22, June, 2013, 04:59:04 PM

This ain't always the case. I put a video on the the forum of the last Llandow trackday in May where Alastair was over taking some westy's.  8)

just read that thread. i also use race chrono as its a great app for free

stevel

Still hoping to be there but the wife was taken into hospital at the weekend  :( and is waiting to be discharged.  Hopefully will know more soon but may have to dip out of this one as she is more important than a day out with you guys :P.  I think she just wanted a break from me and the kids but seemed an extreme way of doing it.  At least she has now got a telly in her room and Wimbledon has started.  Fingers crossed she will be back home soon once they know what is wrong with her.

Lucky Ed

Sorry to hear your good lady is unwell - hope she's feeling better soon as I don't expect you look to good in a pinny anyway ;D

I can't believe we come so low down your list of priorities :o

I'm still 50/50 on getting there myself as my car is still in bits :o :(

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: stevel on 25, June, 2013, 11:07:06 AM
Still hoping to be there but the wife was taken into hospital at the weekend  :( and is waiting to be discharged.  Hopefully will know more soon but may have to dip out of this one as she is more important than a day out with you guys :P.  I think she just wanted a break from me and the kids but seemed an extreme way of doing it.  At least she has now got a telly in her room and Wimbledon has started.  Fingers crossed she will be back home soon once they know what is wrong with her.

Hope everything turns out ok - Wishing the family well.

robp

Quote from: stevel on 25, June, 2013, 11:07:06 AM
the wife was taken into hospital at the weekend

Sorry to hear about your wife.  I hope she gets well soon.

Krazyken

Steve

Hope all is well with your wife, please PM me once you know if you are unable to make it and I will have a word with Llandow.  Best of luck mate.

Moleman

Best wishes Steve. Hope it turns out ok?  :)

stevel

Thanks for all the nice wishes, well she is home which is a relief after 4 days.  Pericarditis, infection of the sack around the heart and I am sure you can imagine how that feels.  2 weeks of no strain and keep taking the pills (for the wife that is) Will see how it pans out for the weekend.  I am not sure about leaving her to enjoy myself just yet.

'The Gaffer'

Sounds nasty, I'm sure I speak for us all in wishing your wife a speedy recovery.

stevel

Well Mrs Lovell is looking better everyday (not that she looked bad anyway) and is insistent that I can go and spend some time with you horrible lot.  So all being well I will be there but will probably not stay for the full day.

underdog

Quote from: stevel on 27, June, 2013, 09:09:56 PM
Well Mrs Lovell is looking better everyday (not that she looked bad anyway) and is insistent that I can go and spend some time with you horrible lot.  So all being well I will be there but will probably not stay for the full day.

thats good news. weather looks dry also so cant wait

Moleman

Good news all round then.  :) Nice to hear everything is nearly ok now mate.  :)

'The Gaffer'

That's really good news Steve. Look forward to seeing you at Llandow :)

underdog

just noticed llandow have posted this up on their facebook page as a last minute special offer so id assume if they doing that it could be more than the 20 car limit you had planned ken?